Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Unpopular Musical Opinions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.25.2009, 02:20 PM   #1181
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
coldplay are my favourite band ever.......

to me thats an unpopular in extremis musical opinion....

also bleach is only an ok album at best..i think i posted that before tho....
Old 06.25.2009, 02:35 PM   #1182
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
kid a is the only good radiohead record.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.25.2009, 03:03 PM   #1183
Shifty Prophet
100%

Shifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
kid a is the only good radiohead record.

It is my favorite, and so if I had to forget about Radiohead except for one album it would be Kid A.

With that said, your opinion is shit.
Shifty Prophet is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.25.2009, 03:27 PM   #1184
Jeremy
100%

Jeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Jeremy likes Pearl Jam. nuff said.

You know, Pearl Jam are usually the biggest band that people are always so surprised to find out I love. I really don't understand the hate on them. At the end of the day I'd much rather listen to them over Creed, Godsmack, Linkin Park, Staind, Candlebox, Silverchair, etc.

As for why I don't really like Kim, she's just not a very talented bassist in the sense that in the songs where Lee and Thurston are just making noise with their guitars, the bass isn't even really heard. Not silent, just so low. You think with how often the guitars just get a sound, the bass would shine through, but it doesn't. She just isn't all that great. I wouldn't say she's terrible, but just around average.

I just find her annoying. The feminist thing was fine up until you realized that's all her songs were ever about. Her singing voice can at times be terrible. She writes shitty lyrics. It's probably just me but I find her to be annoying, sorry.

~Jeremy~

Jeremy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.25.2009, 03:33 PM   #1185
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
ain't no thang
Old 06.25.2009, 03:42 PM   #1186
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I find a lot of Kim's lyrics and vocals flat-out cringeworthy but I do think she's a great bassist, at least within the context of SY.

I honestly don't think I've ever knowingly heard a Pearl Jam song.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.25.2009, 04:01 PM   #1187
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decayed Rhapsody
(1) Sometimes I want to punch Ian Mackaye in the face and tell him to stop his preachy armchair bullshit. No one will ever take the drugs, sex and booze out of my rock and roll.

(2) Psychedelic Horseshit, Tyvek, Pink Reason, Nothing People, Pink Noise, Naked on the Vague, The Strange Boys, Crystal Stilts (live), Nodzz, Wavves, The Beets, Zola Jesus, Circuits des Yeux.. all run the gamut from mediocre to so insipid that I'm wondering what people are smoking when they tell me "this is where it's really at."

Separate the mediocre from the great. Pink Reason made one those records that will stand the test of time. Also, not that I think you will or get the point in any way, check out the splits he did with Hue Blanc's Joyless Ones and Electric Bunnies. He hasn't made an original album, it's just beautiful rock and roll music. Psychedelic Horseshit are getting better and better, the shitgaze/clowning on bitches record that came out recently shows you can make everything that sounds wrong in theory turn into gold.

Circuit Des Yeux also made a great record. Anyway, I don't know why I am going on about this, the bands you mention don't have much in common when it comes to the way they sound, and hey, taste is taste, but to categorise all of them as a unified entity, even though there are links between some of them, I find is a little harsh and short-sighted. To each their own.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.25.2009, 04:02 PM   #1188
sl1ck
little trouble girl

sl1ck kicks all y'all's assessl1ck kicks all y'all's assessl1ck kicks all y'all's assessl1ck kicks all y'all's assessl1ck kicks all y'all's assessl1ck kicks all y'all's assessl1ck kicks all y'all's assessl1ck kicks all y'all's assessl1ck kicks all y'all's assessl1ck kicks all y'all's assessl1ck kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEROpumpkins
That is such an irrational and unjustified thing to say. Really, worst? Worst? Have a long think about that and try to appreciate and understand all music, even if you do not enjoy it yourself.

I have listened to it a number of times and even reviewed it. It has absolutely no redeemable qualities.

sl1ck is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.25.2009, 04:05 PM   #1189
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not sure I care too much for The Eternal, but I plan to force myself to.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.25.2009, 04:39 PM   #1190
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
i imagine her bird like tweets (a la yma sumac) would sound quite the nice in the throes o' balls-deep action, with the roberto instigator "hand creme"

Old 06.25.2009, 04:58 PM   #1191
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
I'm not sure I care too much for The Eternal, but I plan to force myself to.
^^^ this is making me kinda depressed.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.25.2009, 07:26 PM   #1192
ScreamingSchool
little trouble girl

ScreamingSchool kicks all y'all's assesScreamingSchool kicks all y'all's assesScreamingSchool kicks all y'all's assesScreamingSchool kicks all y'all's assesScreamingSchool kicks all y'all's assesScreamingSchool kicks all y'all's assesScreamingSchool kicks all y'all's assesScreamingSchool kicks all y'all's assesScreamingSchool kicks all y'all's assesScreamingSchool kicks all y'all's assesScreamingSchool kicks all y'all's asses
Okay, so...

Even after further reflection and giving it a chance, Television are still boring
Wire was awful
Transformer was the only good non-Velvets Lou Reed album

I like Lady Gaga
ScreamingSchool is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.25.2009, 07:43 PM   #1193
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
haha wire's first 3 albums are better than just about anything ever created.

Old 06.25.2009, 07:48 PM   #1194
automatic bzooty
invito al cielo

automatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's asses
you don't like berlin, screamingschool?

and yeah, not gonna lie, i really dig gaga. absurdly catchy pop songs + hilariously out of touch with reality public persona.
automatic bzooty is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2009, 01:49 AM   #1195
Decayed Rhapsody
the destroyed room

Decayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
the bands you mention don't have much in common when it comes to the way they sound, and hey, taste is taste, but to categorise all of them as a unified entity, even though there are links between some of them, I find is a little harsh and short-sighted. To each their own.

I didn't mean to try and make direct links between any of the bands, but they all sort of fall along a "lo-fi" continuum. I really enjoy Electric Bunnies, haven't heard much of Hue Blanc's. I'll try and find the Pink Reason records you've mentioned on Soulseek as I'm too poor at the moment to buy limited edition 7"'s of people I'm not quite keen on. Psychedelic Horseshit... I don't know. I guess I'm just not feeling shambolic music right now in general, but I heard their early stuff and it wore thin after a few months. The frontman's batshit insane which is disappointing because I usually look forward to something made by someone out of their mind like he is. Circuit des Yeux turned me off after seeing her open for Drunkdriver back at their legendary Jan 3rd. bloodfest with Mattin. At the end of her set she beat a tom drum aimlessly and yelled out WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN YOU GET OUTTA JAIL? over and over again. Eh. I listened to the record and it didn't do much for me. I might be short-sighted, but I feel like there's so much purposefully lo-fi music cluttering my world right now that I can't be arsed if it's middle-of-the-road.

With that in mind, I'd just like to reiterate that Drunkdriver is my favorite band in the whole world right now with a guitar in it and I'm a total fucking fanboy. Them and Mayyors. Their 12" should be arriving any day now. Really solid stuff.
Decayed Rhapsody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2009, 02:39 AM   #1196
loubarret
expwy. to yr skull

loubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by automatic bzooty
and yeah, not gonna lie, i really dig gaga. absurdly catchy pop songs + hilariously out of touch with reality public persona.
Same here, it's nice to hear just dance/poker face in place of the ussual R&B shit that gets played in every shop/radio.
loubarret is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2009, 08:41 PM   #1197
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

LIARS are, for the most part, terrible. "Trench..." was cool back in the day but as soon as the two talented members of the band left, they went to complete shit. "Drum's Not Dead" is an interesting experiment, reminding me of Future Days-era Can as well as a lot of late-period Boredoms work. But the album was a bit too long and extremely dull, all in all (also, interestingly, I think their drummer is pretty lousy, so it's funny that they made a drum tribute album!). That s/t album was terrible, and all their ep's/splits have been TERRIBLE. As far as a band that doesn't know how to write a song goes, LIARS are definitely # 1. And yet somehow I still feel compelled to listen to them occasionally. Hmm...

Old 06.26.2009, 09:28 PM   #1198
transmogrifier
empty page

transmogrifier kicks all y'all's assestransmogrifier kicks all y'all's assestransmogrifier kicks all y'all's assestransmogrifier kicks all y'all's assestransmogrifier kicks all y'all's assestransmogrifier kicks all y'all's assestransmogrifier kicks all y'all's assestransmogrifier kicks all y'all's assestransmogrifier kicks all y'all's assestransmogrifier kicks all y'all's assestransmogrifier kicks all y'all's asses
The Fiery Furnaces are the best band to come out of the 00s.
transmogrifier is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2009, 11:10 PM   #1199
sl1ck
little trouble girl

sl1ck kicks all y'all's assessl1ck kicks all y'all's assessl1ck kicks all y'all's assessl1ck kicks all y'all's assessl1ck kicks all y'all's assessl1ck kicks all y'all's assessl1ck kicks all y'all's assessl1ck kicks all y'all's assessl1ck kicks all y'all's assessl1ck kicks all y'all's assessl1ck kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
yeah yeah yeahs 65 percent suck.

This is the unpopular music opinions thread, step your game up. The Yeah Yeah Yeahs are 100% suck.

sl1ck is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2009, 11:30 PM   #1200
joe11121
expwy. to yr skull

joe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
liars do suck.

I tried getting into this band last year, but I couldnt. Some stuff is okay but overall, they do suck.
joe11121 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
50575859 60 61626370 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth