Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Chick-fil-a vs McDonalds Southerchicken Sandwhich
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.20.2008, 04:28 PM   #21
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Do not eat fast food unless you absolutely have to. It is bad for you. Really, really bad.
Old 05.20.2008, 04:40 PM   #22
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
Do not eat fast food unless you absolutely have to. It is bad for you. Really, really bad.

I don't go to those places. I hardly eat at restaurants at all. I do some drinking at one restaurant and bar downtown though. Thing is though, some place as gross as McDonald's is actually in all likelihood a lot more sanitary than say, a Chili's or an Outback Steakhouse. I can say that for it.

Breakfast is oftentimes a little old fashioned style oatmeal and some fruit on the side, usually grapefruit. Sometimes I'll eat Total Raisin Bran. Or eggs done up. Any pork for breakfast is a blue moon affair. And as the case with some of you probably, sometimes breakfast never really comes together to happen.
Which is really a shame and backwards, but, oh well.

A lunch for me might be sandwiches of turkey, roast beef, or tuna/chicken/or shrimp salad with lettuce, grape tomato and a little dill relish with some spicy mustard on whole wheat. Or it might be a salad with creamy caesar or creamy balsamic. Sometimes it's homemade split-pea, black bean, cream of mushroom or broccoli (it's what you do with the thick stalk) soup.
Or it might be some black beans that are already done and then mashed into paste and put on pitas with L, T, maybe O, and a little assorted shredded cheese. Every once in awhile I'll have the mashed beans (chili, red, or black usually) as a dip with tortilla chips.

For dinner I might have rice in various ways. With some cajun-seasoned catfish (usually, or it's smoked salmon) and sauteed mushrooms (sometimes other veggies). ...Or with just steamed broccoli and soy sauce, maybe a drizzle of Sriracha sauce...a gumbo when I'm up for it...it just depends. Sometimes I do the pasta base instead of rice. Lately, I haven't been buying Rib Eyes like I used to, and having them with a baked potato or other vegetables. If I do chicken, I buy the cold, whole pre-cooked rotisserie ones from the grocery store deli that are marked down from 6.99 to 2.99. I can pull from the bird and make chicken salad sandwiches, or I can heat it up in a baking pan. Usually though, if I'm having chicken for dinner, I'll just put some cold rotisserie chicken pieces in with the rice as it cooks, which is same way I steam the broccoli, cauliflower, or what have you.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2008, 08:34 PM   #23
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
On the subject of Chick-fil-a & sauce, they have both a Honey BBQ sauce that comes in a packet and a special Chick-Fil-A sauce that comes in a little rectangle with foil top (like jams or jellies do).

Both of these are attempts at copying the sauce from a chicken fingers restaurant called Guthrie's. Chick-Fil-A started up in the same area. Athens has a Guthrie's.
http://www.guthrieschicken.com/about.php

Athens has one of the first Waffle Houses. Actually, make that "had," because I think that particular location has now closed down. It has one of the very first Arby's. Not that either are all that good, just sayin'. Athens has several soul food restaurants. There's two I can't even think of now that are also cafeteria-styled. They were good too. The ones I can think of are, of course, Weaver D's ("Automatic For the People"), The Mayflower, Jana's, Food for the Soul, and Wilson's. Honestly, how many other places the size of Athens, GA have so many soul food restaurant choices? Walter's BBQ opens every now and then, and it hasn't been all that good in awhile. There are a few other BBQ restaurants that have smokers outside.

Of perhaps more interest (b/c of the Seinfeld ep), it has the first Kenny Rogers Roasters.
Funny thing is, no one ever goes to it in Athens because of its odd location way down Atlanta Hwy., and because there simply are so many other places. And I don't mean Boston Market. Kenny used to come into the Athens Sushi Bar when I worked there. Thinking back, I got to see the surgeries/botox whatev firsthand haha as his face was transformed into shit.

Here in town there was a place called the Blue Moon Diner that was amazing for what it was, but it closed down. After almost a year, it reopened under new management, but it's only just okay now and nothing very special. Pittsburgh and Philadelpia have some bomb restaurants for greasy, "American"-style fare.

yes yes, but do you yes know the secret family recipee for Bush's Baked Beans?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2008, 08:39 PM   #24
steve newman
bad moon rising

steve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's asses
this thread is giving me high cholesterol. if you really hate yourself, i dare you to eat at captain d's more than once in a day.

ronald mcdonald is a child killer!
steve newman is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2008, 09:24 PM   #25
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
I feel so much better when I don't eat fast food and drink tons of water a day, but I'll admit...I fucking love fast food. Don't know why, grew up with parents who were great cooks....still can get warm meals when I want to...

put a few drinks in me and im at white castle scarfin down like john belushi.

I hate myself & want to die.
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2008, 10:00 PM   #26
barnaclelapse
the destroyed room

barnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's asses
I prefer a diet of nicotine, fear and Chex Mix myself.
barnaclelapse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2008, 10:02 PM   #27
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnaclelapse
I prefer a diet of nicotine, fear and Chex Mix myself.

the fear is probably due to the nicotine overdose and the trans fats on the chex mix fucking with your nervous sytem.

but it is an amusing sentence so i gotta applaud that
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2008, 10:04 PM   #28
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
they're both fucking disgusting.
i don't eat chicken though.
Cantankerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2008, 10:06 PM   #29
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
my dinner is almost ready

forgot to buy chips so im improvising a pasta salad with guacamole ha ha

boil, baby, boil
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2008, 10:15 PM   #30
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
It was the Amy's No Cheese veggie pizza in the gmku household tonight. Yum.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth