Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Is Trump really a serious contender for the Republican nomination?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.02.2017, 04:36 PM   #2201
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Yeah, I saw that the other day. It offended me then too.

You know what's like the Holocaust? Nothing.

The quality of your posts has really taken a dive over the last few weeks or so.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.02.2017, 04:56 PM   #2202
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, I should really take a cue from you and simply post other people's ideas. Go on. Hit me with a witty meme.

EDIT: Okay. I admit I have been grumpy. It's been going on since January 20th as far as I can tell.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.02.2017, 07:33 PM   #2203
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Okay. I've been a dick.

The Holocaust was epoch shattering. It brought Enlightenment principles to a crashing end. It is no longer possible to seriously believe in things such as democracy, technological progress, or the palliative nature of high culture anymore. These things either failed, or turned against us and brought us about as low as we can go as a species.

And of course I vomit and cry at the long list of 20th Century atrocities, but as far as sheet historical weight goes, there is no proper modern analogy. Nothing is "like" it, because if it was, it would mean the utter failure of the very few things we still hold on to as "good" in our civilization. Might as well call off the human experiment entirely.

That said, the Nazis were more than the Holocaust, and analogies in that sense abound.

Trump to focus counter-extremism program solely on Islam

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN15G5VO?il=0

Only a fucking American Nazi would give American Nazis a fucking pass. This is scary shit. Makes me grumpy and not post as well as I should.
Old 02.02.2017, 07:58 PM   #2204
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I've been clinically depressed since Nov. 8 at about 9 p.m. EST. I imagine you have too, and Jan. 20 only re-opened that slow-healing wound, exposing it to infection and bacteria and nesting flies. Don't apologize. This is the most dishearteningly and thoroughly fucked up period if American politics that I have witnessed in my life. Or been conscious enough to truly be aware of.

Nothing feels right. The world is upside down. There's every reason in the world to be a bit out of your head about it.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.02.2017, 08:51 PM   #2205
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
And of course I vomit and cry at the long list of 20th Century atrocities, but as far as sheet historical weight goes, there is no proper modern analogy. Nothing is "like" it, because if it was, it would mean the utter failure of the very few things we still hold on to as "good" in our civilization. Might as well call off the human experiment entirely.

well, yes, we're some shitty apes

there are proper modern analogies though. in ukraine, stalin purposefully starved some 8 million ukranians while promising paradise on earth after the gospel according to st. karl marx. you realize the atrocious contradiction yes?

but we have better documentation on the holocaust so we can tell.

history is about documentation. this is why we know so little about the armenians but so much about the holocaust.

for example, i used to know an ethnically armenian turkish girl who had never heard of the genocide of her own people. frankly i hadn't heard about it before i witnessed this greek guy tell her. that was a peculiar moment.

and we don't hear a lot about ukranians having to eat their own family members, but that definitely happened, although there aren't a lot of records.

anyway, yeah, we've failed as a species. the best we can hope for is some sort of salvage operation, but we're currently banrkupt, and doubling down on our stupidity.

now the president of the most powerful nation in the "free world" is acting like an abusive father who demands total obedience from his children, and we're just standing around looking in disbelief.

i'm just watching tv while making this "passionate statement" by the way. so that's how useful i am.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.02.2017, 09:02 PM   #2206
pepper_green
Banned

pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
anymore theories? always non-conclusive and breathing hot air.

of course we're fucked. that's the whole point. politics is an exercise in futility and trying to perfect it is a cat and mouse game.

me? im thrilled in a sick way by it all. you got to hand it the fucker. he's doing all he said he was going to do.
pepper_green is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.02.2017, 09:17 PM   #2207
pepper_green
Banned

pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
so what's the deal with twitter? can I just start an account? or do I have to write Trump old skool myself and tell him to "KISS MY ASS"?

doesn't he have like 30 government employees reading those letters everyday anyway? wasting tax payers money?

id be great if he wrote back to me back saying "im going to built a wall around Georgia". me, reading that in my head in that stupid New York accent he has.

what a fucking cunt.

thought it was funny that he pissed off Australia. though not everyone can be Papillon. Im totally for his immigration policies.
Old 02.02.2017, 09:38 PM   #2208
pepper_green
Banned

my questions is: why are your fucked up countries policies are so fucked that you feel you have to dump your waste on us?

fuck off and get yr shit straight.

and kiss my ass.
Old 02.03.2017, 02:06 AM   #2209
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Kellyanne Conway blames refugees for 'Bowling Green massacre' that never happened

Quote:
Conway [...] cited the fictional “Bowling Green massacre” in an interview in which she backed the travel ban imposed on visitors from seven Muslim-majority countries.

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.03.2017, 05:40 AM   #2210
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
but we have better documentation on the holocaust so we can tell.

history is about documentation. this is why we know so little about the armenians but so much about the holocaust.

That's true, but there are also people in 'legitimate' and influential areas of society (mostly education, but also some areas of (mainly local) government) who consider themselves communists and refuse to see any equivalence between Nazi Germany and what went on in various Communist countries.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.03.2017, 07:34 AM   #2211
evollove
invito al cielo

Rally tomorrow in my little town. Hope at least 100 people show up.
Old 02.03.2017, 09:45 AM   #2212
PLips
Banned

PLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah the intrusive nature of this Bullshit is embarrassing to the middle class. Like he's watching middle America backwards through their TVSETS. Totally how Thurston wrote that 'Antenna' song and how the fuck does Hollywood or Radio possibly figure out their viewership or ratings.

Somehow Media Intelligentsia always knew they could tell radio technology always registered how many people were picking up radio signals and keep that secret private in a fault in some Masonic Scientologist RosiCrucsian Quasi-Front that's treated like Fort Knox yet is an obnoxious fucking joke!!
PLips is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.03.2017, 03:15 PM   #2213
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Bandcamp are giving all their proceeds from today's sales to the ACLU. Go and buy stuff.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.03.2017, 05:39 PM   #2214
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
And the new CIA Deputy Director is Gina Haspel, who once ran a black site and may have had a hand in getting rid of the torture tapes.

https://theintercept.com/2017/02/02/...puty-director/

Isn't that interesting?
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.03.2017, 05:53 PM   #2215
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
Bandcamp are giving all their proceeds from today's sales to the ACLU. Go and buy stuff.

I was told I "sound[ed] like an idiot when [i] suggest[ed] we buy a CD, proceeds of which will go to a few charities."

http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/sho...postcount=2211

http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/sho...postcount=2212

As you can read via the links above, I was also told to basically put away childish things and "Get ACTIVE". Did you even begin to consider I may not be able to get super-duper-"active" because I actually don't live in the United States and am not even a U.S. citizen? I have repeatedly said I live outside the States. But you didn't factor in jack shit. I could easily have spent that money on candy or whatever and just be chillin' like bobdyllin' and simply stare at the TV while YOUR COUNTRY FUCKS UP THE ENTIRE PLANET. But since I have the deepest love for the land of Charley Patton and Chuck Berry and Lou Reed and Sleater-Kinney, and I actually give a fuck, I got as active as I could. And so did a lotta idiot-sounding people like me, apparently, since last weekend alone the ACLU "got $24 million in online donations [...], six times its yearly average". And said "charity" was the main one fighting Trump's horseshit. Curious! To the people who gave me shit: .

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

Old 02.03.2017, 06:35 PM   #2216
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
well, except for a few idiots, we're mostly on the same side here. I love alla you lefties(esp TSN) here! Now the few of you who are tighty whitey righties I agree with this sentiment
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.03.2017, 06:39 PM   #2217
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
I have repeatedly said I live outside the States. But you didn't factor in jack shit.

eres shileno ueón?

confiesa!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.03.2017, 06:53 PM   #2218
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Bruce Springsteen Addresses Trump Call With Aussie Leader by Covering "Don't Hang Up" in Melbourne
"We stand before you embarrassed Americans tonight..."

Old 02.04.2017, 11:14 AM   #2219
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
I was told I "sound[ed] like an idiot when [i] suggest[ed] we buy a CD, proceeds of which will go to a few charities."

http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/sho...postcount=2211

http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/sho...postcount=2212

As you can read via the links above, I was also told to basically put away childish things and "Get ACTIVE". Did you even begin to consider I may not be able to get super-duper-"active" because I actually don't live in the United States and am not even a U.S. citizen? I have repeatedly said I live outside the States. But you didn't factor in jack shit. I could easily have spent that money on candy or whatever and just be chillin' like bobdyllin' and simply stare at the TV while YOUR COUNTRY FUCKS UP THE ENTIRE PLANET. But since I have the deepest love for the land of Charley Patton and Chuck Berry and Lou Reed and Sleater-Kinney, and I actually give a fuck, I got as active as I could. And so did a lotta idiot-sounding people like me, apparently, since last weekend alone the ACLU "got $24 million in online donations [...], six times its yearly average". And said "charity" was the main one fighting Trump's horseshit. Curious! To the people who gave me shit: .

I have to spread some reputation around before I can give it to you again apparently. Just letting you know I tried.

I have no idea what happened here... what I missed... but I'm 100% sure that if you were given shit because you donate to ACLU through bandcamp purchases, then I'd be the first to defend you against anyone who told you this was childish.

We do what we can. Many people who are "getting involved" in more direct ways are being written off as "whiners" and "complainers"; protesters are being labeled "rioters" en masse based on th actions of the extreme minority. I say hats off to you. I've made donations to the ACLU too, but I missed out on bandcamp because, well, frankly I spaced on it... but I would have done it too, so... fuck it.
Old 02.04.2017, 11:43 AM   #2220
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Schunk
The plain language of the order passes constitutional muster as it specifies countries rather than religion, and excludes most majority-Muslim countries (including the largest, Indonesia), targeting countries known to have produced problem emigrants to other countries.

Here, you're confusing the travel moratorium with the refugee suspension, which specifies a 120-day moratorium on new admissions worldwide, which does not trigger Article 8 of the 1967 Protocol Relating to the Status of Refugees as it is non-discriminatory. The indefinite suspension specifying Syria may also not trigger the application of Article 8 as Syria is not a signatory to the Protocol. In any case, the 1967 Protocol is primarily concerned with deportation of recognized landed refugees, with a primary concern for preventing refoulment. The US handicaps itself by recognizing refugees in situ (i.e., prior to landing), but there is no danger of refoulment as the refugees are in camps either in Turkey or in areas of Syria outside the control of the Assad regime (i.e., there is no deportation).

You're entitled to your opinion, of course.

Dammit, when you respond with hard information instead of rhetoric, then you're not playing the game right!

Ok, still — Trump made a campaign promise to specifically impose a shutdown on Muslims entering the U.S. Now, he's patting himself on the back for following through on campaign promises. So whether or not the specific language of the orders contains direct references to a specific religion, there is still a string probability that the orders were motivated by a religious prejudice.

What I'm saying is: maybe every official document "passes constitutional muster," but that doesn't actually say anything about the motivation behind the actions. Trump is essentially saying in a roundabout way, "This is that Muslim shutdowns I was talking about."
61101108109110 111 112113114121161211 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth