Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Alien Workshop-Mindfield
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.02.2009, 11:30 AM   #1
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
For skaters. Actually workshop videos can be appreciated by skaters, artists, musicians, and just creative people in general. This video is AMAZING!!! My favorite company's first video since 1999 and it does not letdown. Amazing parts by some of my all time favorites Jason Dill, Anthony Van Engelen, Heath Kirchart, and others. And then of course the young guns. The part that seems to be blowing heads more than any other is Dylan Rieder's section. The kid is an absolute skate prodigy. He has a huge bag of tricks, some of which he has invented himself, and it is said that anythign he can kickflip he can also do almost any number of tricks down. Aside from that, the editing is super creative and slick, the music is phenomenal, and the overall feel is great. Brings to mind the Stereo videos, skating as an art form and not a sport. There is a Dinosaur Jr. coolage section as well, with photos and old footage of the band as well as new footage with a new song I believe.

also, what are your all time top 10 favorite skateboarding videos?
Stereo "A Visual Sound"
Blind "Video Days"
Girl "Mouse"
Lakai "Fully Flared"
Stereo "A Visual Sound"
Alien Workshop "Photosynthesis"
Anti-Hero "Fucktards"
Eastern Exposure 2
Stereo "Tincan Folklore"
Static 2

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.02.2009, 12:05 PM   #2
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
There was another thread about this. I really want to see it. Dill and Kirchart rule and I'm interested to check out this Rieder kid.
I don't have a top 10 but my favourite skate vid is Real 2 Reel. I also like Flip - Sorry.
Old 03.02.2009, 12:24 PM   #3
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
really> i dont keep up with this section much.

sorry was epic but that was when skating was all haindrail this, gap that. and that video was a toal represtentation of that.

aws is perfect. super stylish and creative dudes like dill and kalis, super gnarly dudes like kirchart, berra, and salazar, and dudes who mix both like ave, rieder, bledsoe.

kirchart has the last part and it is the best section he has put together in his storied career. i mean, 'sight unseen' was epic, but this is like doubled the length. no one skates like kirchart. when he lands it looks effortless, but the dude tries harder than any skater alive. no one slams like he does. one of the greats for sure. the supreme street skaters; no fear and limitless ability.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.02.2009, 03:39 PM   #4
StevOK
expwy. to yr skull

StevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's asses
My brother showed me more of this the other night. Twas pretty good. I liked the Segue segue.
Facebook

StevOK is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth