Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page I worked a 13 hour shift yesterday!!!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.22.2006, 11:59 AM   #1
Disgruntled Youth
the end of the ugly

Disgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's asses
I set a new record although, by the end of the shift I fucking had to roll silverware. I could have killed someone some of my coworkers were trying to talk to me but I wasn't trying to hear shit I kept my mouth shut & sat in a corner rolling my silverware. My manager had the nerve to ask if I was tierd I didn't answer back because I should not have to be rolling silverware she didn't give a fuck so I made some smart ass comment & she said I'm the manager & began to laugh & I began to clap for her. I said to myself he who laughs last laughs best & in one form or another Vegance will be mine! I was so fucking pissed! It's not about being out on the floor that I was pissed it was about rolling silverware, people didn't even look in my direction & if they said something to me I just ignored the shit out them I didn't want anyone crossing my path. Have any of you felt like this or have the same temper as me?

"Drink Guinness & live,
Hate Guinness & die"
Lee "Scratch" Perry
Disgruntled Youth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2006, 12:11 PM   #2
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, I used to wait tables, and once I called in because I had to pick my brother up at the airport, and when I called in, they were totally cool about it. But then the next day, I went in and then had me sign something because I was on probation! It said if I called in in the next 30 days, I would be fired. I told them I didn't care, since I was quitting soon anyways. And then that same day, I was working a double, and was looking forward to my break in between. well they got slammed around 2, and OUT OF THE KINDNESS OF MY OWN HEART, I stayed and helped, cutting my braek down to 10 minutes between shifts. well then while I was working I heard my manager talking to the owner about me and jay, this other guy who called in, and she was saying "well, at least jay was genuinly sick..." so I walked over and said "yeah, and I was genuinly picking my brother up at the airport!" and then the owner said "either way, I should right you up for being unshaven." and I said "well excuse me for not having shaven in between shifts, since I only had a 10 minute break and decided to eat something for the first time today!" and then he replied "well I couldn't grow that hair in one day." and I was like "well I'm sorry you can't grow fuckin' facial hair like the rest of us!" I was pissed. Granted, I got sent home early, but I was glad I did.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2006, 01:00 PM   #3
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
im in the oppoiste position, my manager wont give me enough work, i need more hours. im not at college so i can work full time now, but all she has me working is saturday lunch times and sundays.
i really need more hours during the week, i do sympathise with you though i do feel okay about my job situation as it is only temporary until college starts up again, if it was my proper job and it was really long hours i'd hate it.

but hey, at least your out of the house doing something!
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2006, 01:25 PM   #4
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
I used to work in a kitchen, and had to do about one weekend shift a month. 60% of the time I would be in the dishroom, and about half of that time I would be alone. And I had to stay til closing, meaning sometimes it would stretch about 10 hours. That was the worst job I've ever had. I read that the number one reason for quitting is feeling under-appreciated. I only worked there about 7 months.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2006, 01:42 PM   #5
Daycare Nation
expwy. to yr skull

Daycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's asses
Once I was the slave of these Amazon women and they made me lift stone blocks with my bare hands and carry them up this hill for no apparent reason. That was a drag.

That dragon ain't the love sweet love.
Daycare Nation is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2006, 02:38 PM   #6
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Of course I've felt that way.*

I've had many types of jobs & many of them were in restaurants.

I never liked being a waiter because I don't like dealing with the public as their servant. I suppose that there are some cool waiter jobs out there, but I've never had one.
& I've rolled silverware aplenty...on my shift, helping out a friend or girlfriend so that they could leave, & when I was catering too.
These days, I deal with the public, but only when they call on the phone asking questions, for a quote, or wanting to place an order & people have a set of "phone manners" that they just don't give a shit about face to face. & these are people that are calling me, & not people that I'm calling.

I did like bartending at parties for a catering company because it was just fun.

Most of my work in kitchens saw me moving up to the head cook & believe me, you think you got stress as a waiter...you have no stress! But I liked cooking too because it was a fun challenge. The thing I never liked about being a cook is that there are always incompetent people in the kitchen helping you & so it forces you to be dominant to establish discipline because the managers were complete slack asses at most of the places I worked. Then there's the converse, where the manager is in your face all the time &
there is always office politics to deal with when it should just be about how you do your job & not who you are friends with & all that.

Disgruntled Youth, think of it as training to temper your ego.
The suffering of work can provide some excellent opportunities to just let go & to meditate.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2006, 02:48 PM   #7
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
ahaha.
we are without power at work.
i could be off until wednesday.
Old 07.22.2006, 03:24 PM   #8
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
ahaha.
we are without power at work.
i could be off until wednesday.

that's cool, we were without power once at my old job, and we STILL had to go in...
Old 07.22.2006, 03:24 PM   #9
afterthefact
invito al cielo

woah, disgruntled, I just noticed you are in KY! what part?
Old 07.22.2006, 03:38 PM   #10
afterthefact
invito al cielo

right on.
Old 07.22.2006, 04:20 PM   #11
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
I worked 12 hours a day 3 days in a row last weekend. Line to the end of the Subway tent at Sonshine all 3 days. It was terribly busy.
Old 07.22.2006, 04:23 PM   #12
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
my freind Bobbir works from 7am to 12pm everyday
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2006, 04:24 PM   #13
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by finding nobody
my freind Bobbir works from 7am to 12pm everyday

Selling drugs isn't hard. Tell him to stop complaining.
Old 07.22.2006, 04:30 PM   #14
afterthefact
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
Selling drugs isn't hard. Tell him to stop complaining.
plus, sellin' from 7am to 12pm would beat mopping floors for that long, if not for financial reasons only
Old 07.22.2006, 04:31 PM   #15
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterthefact
plus, sellin' from 7am to 12pm would beat mopping floors for that long, if not for financial reasons only

Exactly.
Old 07.22.2006, 05:04 PM   #16
afterthefact
invito al cielo

I'd have a hard time selling, cause I'd probably just use it all myself...
Old 07.22.2006, 08:21 PM   #17
samuel
the end of the ugly

samuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's asses
My longest shift has only been 9.5 hours and it was during a lacrosse tournament. I work at a delicatessen, and of course, all the lacrosse players wanted some sandwiches! It sucked. I worked 49 hours that week. Boo.
samuel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.23.2006, 03:21 PM   #18
Disgruntled Youth
the end of the ugly

Disgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's asses
The fuckers fired me the next day!!!

"Drink Guinness & live,
Hate Guinness & die"
Lee "Scratch" Perry
Disgruntled Youth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.23.2006, 04:21 PM   #19
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
M y dad's friend worked 16hr days for a week, installing house vents and shit. Hard work, in the heat.

A part of this blue shit since June 24th, 2004
Sheriff Rhys Chatham is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.24.2006, 04:20 AM   #20
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

youthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's asses
i've done twelve hour shifts before, but not several in a row.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth