Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page trip albums
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.23.2009, 01:31 PM   #41
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan
anything i like to listen to normally

people put too many like, restrictions or rules on tripping, like i have to have THIS music and i can't look in the mirror and blah blah

fucking a. yes.

thats a bunch of bullshit.. the whole point of consuming psychedelic substances is that there ARE NO RULES! jesus it seems so simple..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.23.2009, 02:05 PM   #42
sonicpixie
bad moon rising

sonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's asses
shpongle!! it turns phones into frogs if its coming out of one
sonicpixie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.23.2009, 02:28 PM   #43
stadtgorilla
little trouble girl

stadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's asses

Old 09.23.2009, 02:45 PM   #44
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
when the instigators and I used to trip balls it was to this stuff

Old 09.23.2009, 02:55 PM   #45
stadtgorilla
little trouble girl

stadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's assesstadtgorilla kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
when the instigators and I used to trip balls it was to this stuff

good stuff
Old 09.23.2009, 02:58 PM   #46
Satan
invito al cielo

Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
thats a bunch of bullshit.. the whole point of consuming psychedelic substances is that there ARE NO RULES! jesus it seems so simple..

yeah i know but i remember the first time i did acid people insisted that i do it in the company of others, not look in the mirror, don't listen to anything to intense or scary or watch scary movies....fuck that, it's a drug! sometimes the best part of tripping is listening to death metal and staring at myself in the mirror. assholes. i never enjoyed the shining more than i did when i watched it tripping on acid and laughed my ass off at the blood pouring out of the walls.
Old 09.23.2009, 03:54 PM   #47
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
yeah i know but i remember the first time i did acid people insisted that i do it in the company of others, not look in the mirror, don't listen to anything to intense or scary or watch scary movies....fuck that, it's a drug! sometimes the best part of tripping is listening to death metal and staring at myself in the mirror. assholes. i never enjoyed the shining more than i did when i watched it tripping on acid and laughed my ass off at the blood pouring out of the walls.

on the real, the mirror can be rather frightening, though I think by far the most carnal, weird and unexplainable things to do while tripping is have to take a shit. man, you sit there forever, just tripping on the bathroom, and you also have never felt so vulnerable and human in your whole fucking life.

I prefer to avoid produced stuff, and trip on nature or my mind or the sky or just the house but not TV, movies, music etc etc. artificial trips feel like disneyland to me, it can be fun, true, but where is the vision? I trip for vision quests, my coming of age and initiation into manhood was eating mushrooms religiously for a few years during my youth, though this does not imply STOPPING eating mushrooms, I have a pocketful just waiting for the spiritual opening of the stars aligning so to speak..

Old 09.23.2009, 03:59 PM   #48
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
does an ant ever rant?
does a bug ever shrug?

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.23.2009, 04:03 PM   #49
TheMadcapLaughs
100%

TheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's asses
the last time i did acid was at the beach and me and my home slice were listening to thinking fellers, os mutantes, ween (the mullask), and some other stuff that slips my mind...
TheMadcapLaughs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.23.2009, 04:20 PM   #50
Satan
invito al cielo

Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses
the mirror has never scared me, i love watching my face melt.

going piss is the best, i like looking at the wallpaper in my bathroom.

i don't know why i have this ability to handle psychedelic drugs like it's no shit. i guess because i realize that above all it's a drug, nothing bad is happening, and i can't remove myself from the reality of the fact that i'm just tripping. i can't recall freaking out a single time.
Old 09.23.2009, 05:08 PM   #51
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:

i don't know why i have this ability to handle psychedelic drugs like it's no shit. i guess because i realize that above all it's a drug, nothing bad is happening, and i can't remove myself from the reality of the fact that i'm just tripping. i can't recall freaking out a single time.

I see you have not had any parallel universe bad trips. My dear, sometimes you can go to place under the influence of psychedelic plants that is so frightening and so real, no convincing yr self can save you.. It can be absolute terror. When you can still tell yourself yr tripping, everything is fine, but sometimes you can truly go to other worlds where you are no longer even yourself and any kind of familiar setting, and if you are not even yourself who are you going to convince?

Old 09.23.2009, 05:21 PM   #52
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

examples:

one of my first times on mushrooms, I started to have a bad trip as we walked out this house I had never been too, I was struggling to put on my sweater and a cop was creeping by on us, the fear kicked in and I became so confused I didn't know if the fucking street was real or if I was imagining it all, and in my confusion I could not properly explain ANY of it to myself..

on some hells bells (datura) I hallucinated an hour long conversation with perhaps every person I have ever known, and all magically had their own lawn chairs in my front yard, I walked around talking smoking a laughing with everyone, someone told a joke, i laughed hysterically and when I opened my eyes I was ALL alone in the yard.. sheer terror struck me as I wondered how everyone dissappeared like that? surely they were all real?
that morning I had to go to court, tripping. I couldn't even remember my name or where I was or what I was doing there, I just followed my moms around until I somehow (which I still do not know) got out of there alive and without even a conviction for the original case..

more recently on salvia (datura) I went into a parallel universe where I was a cog in a wheel, with no mobility, and all these other cogs were there mumbling to each other, there was this weird panorama view of what I can not describe as other then yellow, and then I started to freak out there. They told me, "relax, it was just a dream (ie, my real life).." meanwhile some other voices started to freak out say "its happening again, another one woke up talking about this dream world where they are are people with these fucking legs and they can move around, and there is this God they worship, what the fuck they are crazy not again!" words still can not describe both the terror I felt then and the joy I felt as I reappeared in the front yard staring at the sun, I will never forget seeing the sun and thinking to myself, "yes! the sun! i'm back.." (I smoked this with some friends, they say in the real world I was unconscious and yet still rolling around in circles on the floor)

another night I followed a cat around for two hours in the rain because I became convinced he was a Mexican sorcerer trying to kill me, and I am still not sure that he wasn't

Old 09.23.2009, 05:30 PM   #53
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
I haven't yet had a chance to actually trip to his, but I did listen one time while really stoned and it was AMAZING. I have every reason to believe it would be a knockout trip album too...

The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.23.2009, 05:53 PM   #54
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Good question but not sure. Acid leaves me very sort of open to everything and thus indecisive.

Er, just guessing but perhaps the white album (Beatles). Um, Bitches Brew. The first Doors album, the first Talking Heads ('77).
Old 09.23.2009, 06:00 PM   #55
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Something like ''Aqua Necromancer'' by Merzbow. I find it a ''good vibes'' noise record, and I'd hate to go through a bad trip listening to ''shit vibes'' noise like Whitehouse, New Blockaders, or something similar. Also, the ''Dry Stone'' EP by Main.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.23.2009, 06:06 PM   #56
Elder.
little trouble girl

Elder. kicks all y'all's assesElder. kicks all y'all's assesElder. kicks all y'all's assesElder. kicks all y'all's assesElder. kicks all y'all's assesElder. kicks all y'all's assesElder. kicks all y'all's assesElder. kicks all y'all's assesElder. kicks all y'all's assesElder. kicks all y'all's assesElder. kicks all y'all's asses
I listened to The Redneck Manifesto while on shrooms and that was pretty rad.
Elder. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.23.2009, 06:15 PM   #57
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
me and my friend used to take magic mushrooms in tokyo and roam the streets with his boombox playing YMO, it was awesome
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.23.2009, 06:15 PM   #58
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

see I suppose the vibe is determined by the substance.

When I consume natural psychedelics I have intense, spiritual, body and mind trips that are organic and reject materialism and even the material world.

When I consume acid or other synthetics, I have an intensely comical trip where anything goes, tv, movies, music, anything artificial works fine.

But mushrooms in particular hate hate hate on materialism for me.. I don't even like to trip in my own body anymore because I have become so unattached to the material/physical. When I eat shrooms, I almost go straight into a meditative state, and no material things such as music or TV could get me out of it. I don't even play my guitar anymore, I create the music with my spirit (like hendrix said, I take my spirit and I smash the mirrors, and the whole world is open up to see)

Old 09.23.2009, 06:18 PM   #59
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
see I suppose the vibe is determined by the substance.

When I consume natural psychedelics I have intense, spiritual, body and mind trips that are organic and reject materialism and even the material world.

When I consume acid or other synthetics, I have an intensely comical trip where anything goes, tv, movies, music, anything artificial works fine.

But mushrooms in particular hate hate hate on materialism for me.. I don't even like to trip in my own body anymore because I have become so unattached to the material/physical. When I eat shrooms, I almost go straight into a meditative state, and no material things such as music or TV could get me out of it. I don't even play my guitar anymore, I create the music with my spirit (like hendrix said, I take my spirit and I smash the mirrors, and the whole world is open up to see)

Same things happen to me! Only with a good glass of wine! We's spiritual brothers!
Old 09.23.2009, 06:20 PM   #60
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
Same things happen to me! Only with a good glass of wine! We's spiritual brothers!

That is what I have been telling you for years my friend. Reject all materialism! Your body is an illusion, it is a trap! Set your spirit free! Smash that room full of mirrors! Radical anti-egoists unite!

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth