Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page please vote today
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.05.2008, 12:44 PM   #1
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
i have already filled out my absentee ballad and i voted for obama. i very seldom impose politics on others, but i really feel that if he is not elected we would blow a huge chance. obama is the first candidate in my lifetime to want radical change, and hes the first guy to have very little connections to big businesses and has no familial political ties. i for one am sick of my leaders having the same last names. people complain about his lack of experience, why? because he has less experience being a corrupt snakey fuck? anyways, i dont think i have ever been behind a candidate so much in my life. in the past two elections i have considered the likes of kerry and gore the (much) less of two evils, but with obama, i feel im voting for a truly good man with excellent policies (environmental, iraq, etc..) and an overall an idealistic, but not overtly idealistic, that our country will overcome the current mess that we are in. hilary came to my school to speak on saturday, and i dont depise her, but i couldnt even count the amount of times she made references to bill and how he cleaned up the first bush's mess and she'll do so with bush number 2's mess, and said practically nothing about the issues, thinking that college kids are ignorant idiots or something. so please, if you are nostalgic as i am about obama, get out there, and vote. im sorry if you feel im pressing my beliefs on you, but i felt this had to be said.
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2008, 12:45 PM   #2
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
I support Obama but I'm not voting today as I am oozing with disease.

Does this make you feel better?
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2008, 01:01 PM   #3
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
i very seldom impose politics on others, but i really feel that if he is not elected we would blow a huge chance. obama is the first candidate in my lifetime to want radical change, and hes the first guy to have very little connections to big businesses and has no familial political ties. why? because he has less experience being a corrupt snakey fuck? anyways, i dont think i have ever been behind a candidate so much in my life. in the past two elections i have considered the likes of kerry and gore the (much) less of two evils, but with obama, i feel im voting for a truly good man with excellent policies (environmental, iraq, etc..) im sorry if you feel im pressing my beliefs on you, but i felt this had to be said.

isn't he a senator? that is hardly a virgin in the brutally corrupt world of US politics... further, Marcus Garveys spoke as a prophet, and he said there would never be a black president, so know that if there was, there must have been the devil to pay (reminds me of an Ethiopian soldier in 1897, who had been given the responsibility of a captive Italian prisoner, and they became friends of sorts, and the italian convinced the Ethiopian to let him try his horse, which the Italian used to make his escape, odd since he assumingly had no where to go and could not camoflouge with the people. When the soldier was seen later wandering around with his rifle as if he was hunting he replied, "I lost my Italian and I am looking for another one, because if I do not have an italian prisoner at the next inspection there will be the devil to pay").

anyways, it is all just a popularity contest, if you want obama to be class president thats fine, but know that the hands the top already determined the results. this whole election nonsense is just to rally people behind the system and its candidates to convince you your opinion counts blah blah woof woof.. remember that the president is a puppet, an avatar to the beast, a piece of shit to represent in flesh the shitstem. so in the long run, the president of the United States of America is just like an italian prisoner to that Ethiopian soldier in 1897, one president is as good as another, they are all just bullshit, just as one italian was as good as another.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2008, 01:06 PM   #4
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

m1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
I support Obama but I'm not voting today as I am oozing with disease.

Does his make you feel better?

do you still have movement in any of your limbs? remain conscious for periods longer than 30 seconds? if so, you need to get your diseased ass over to a polling place. if not, find someone you trust to carry you over there and put a pen in yr hand. failure to vote should be punishable by death.

m1rr0r dash is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2008, 01:09 PM   #5
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
obama is a conservative idiot who idolizes ronald reagan.

but you should vote...because...

...voting kicks ass!!!!

(sorry, couldn't help myself).
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2008, 01:09 PM   #6
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
isn't he a senator? that is hardly a virgin in the brutally corrupt world of US politics... further, Marcus Garveys spoke as a prophet, and he said there would never be a black president, so know that if there was, there must have been the devil to pay (reminds me of an Ethiopian soldier in 1897, who had been given the responsibility of a captive Italian prisoner, and they became friends of sorts, and the italian convinced the Ethiopian to let him try his horse, which the Italian used to make his escape, odd since he assumingly had no where to go and could not camoflouge with the people. When the soldier was seen later wandering around with his rifle as if he was hunting he replied, "I lost my Italian and I am looking for another one, because if I do not have an italian prisoner at the next inspection there will be the devil to pay").

anyways, it is all just a popularity contest, if you want obama to be class president thats fine, but know that the hands the top already determined the results. this whole election nonsense is just to rally people behind the system and its candidates to convince you your opinion counts blah blah woof woof.. remember that the president is a puppet, an avatar to the beast, a piece of shit to represent in flesh the shitstem. so in the long run, the president of the United States of America is just like an italian prisoner to that Ethiopian soldier in 1897, one president is as good as another, they are all just bullshit, just as one italian was as good as another.

yes hes a senator, so he does have political expericne which people oft claim he does not, but he has not been one long enough to be completley corrupted by the political spectrum.
Old 02.05.2008, 01:10 PM   #7
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I am NOT voting today because I am an independent, and if you vote in primary tuesday you have to register as a democrat or a republican. Plus, I do not think texas has primaries.
Old 02.05.2008, 01:11 PM   #8
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

m1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
so in the long run, the president of the United States of America is just like an italian prisoner to that Ethiopian soldier in 1897, one president is as good as another, they are all just bullshit, just as one italian was as good as another.

that was the point of the story? i thought it was that ethiopians are easily tricked.

Old 02.05.2008, 01:15 PM   #9
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Obama is more skull and bones. wake up. He's connected to Council of Foreign Relations. He'll be more of the same.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2008, 01:17 PM   #10
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I am NOT voting today because I am an independent, and if you vote in primary tuesday you have to register as a democrat or a republican. Plus, I do not think texas has primaries.

my neighbor registered independent and she voted in the primary. and she's a girl! i think yr just being a big pussy. March 4th when the texas primary rolls around, you should man up and vote.

Old 02.05.2008, 01:18 PM   #11
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1rr0r dash
that was the point of the story? i thought it was that ethiopians are easily tricked.

actually, it is quite the opposite. after all, why would the ethiopian soldier think that an italian soldier, who was a prisoner of a war that the italians had just lost to the Ethiopians, who was a white man deap in the heart of Abyssinia, ten thousand feet craddled in the highlands, hundreds of miles from the sea, would dare try to escape? Where was the italian supposed to go? Another Ethiopian would probably shoot him on sight. in fact, the point of that story was to demonstrate how little the Ethiopians thought of the italians, as to the Ethiopian soldier, one italian prisoner was as good as any other...

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2008, 01:22 PM   #12
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
hahahahaha.

You must spread some italians on a horse around before giving it to m1rr0r dash again.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2008, 01:29 PM   #13
matt g
bad moon rising

matt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's asses
if voting actually changed anything it would be illegal (ok, i'm generalizing, but that seems to be the core of this thread). On the federal level, your vote don't mean shit.
I personally endorse any candidate who would abolish the electoral college... let the popular vote actually count in this futuristic digital habitrail we live in.
i'm not voting for this shit. i'll wait for my local elections where it can actually count.
matt g is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2008, 01:42 PM   #14
StevOK
expwy. to yr skull

StevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

We have our primaries in March.
Facebook

StevOK is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2008, 01:48 PM   #15
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
the president is a puppet, an avatar to the beast, a piece of shit to represent in flesh the shitstem.
my sentiments exactly.

I'm voting for NO.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2008, 03:26 PM   #16
✌➬
invito al cielo

✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
my sentiments exactly.

I'm voting for NO.

I'm voting for yes. Prick.
Old 02.05.2008, 03:36 PM   #17
✌➬
invito al cielo

✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses
Here in California it is expected a higher turnout in years.
Old 02.05.2008, 06:05 PM   #18
batreleaser
invito al cielo

who the fuck do you think is less conservative than obama? theres no one. edwards? hes a good guy but cmon.
Old 02.05.2008, 06:10 PM   #19
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g
if voting actually changed anything it would be illegal (ok, i'm generalizing, but that seems to be the core of this thread). On the federal level, your vote don't mean shit.
I personally endorse any candidate who would abolish the electoral college... let the popular vote actually count in this futuristic digital habitrail we live in.
i'm not voting for this shit. i'll wait for my local elections where it can actually count.

the electoral college protects small states from being overrun by big states.

the u.s. government is a republic, not a direct democracy.

you wanna do away with the electoral college, you gotta wipe out 231 years of U.S. history AND remake the constitution.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2008, 06:35 PM   #20
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I find it funny that people actually believe that whoever they vote for is going to make a huge difference in the long-run.

Yeah, there probably will be some differences between whomever gets elected, but .. a president is a figurehead.. I'm sure you realize that, right?.. he's a mouthpiece, he's a mascot, he does have POWER, but the combined power of Congress and others far outweigh his power. The president's speeches are written for him -- his decisions made for him. He may have the final, um, "say", but every president is going to act in his and the "country's" (read: his) best interest. Nothing will change that. Every president will be corrupt.

People criticize Bush. Sure, he sucks, but what president hasn't sucked? Bill Clinton? Yeah, our economy was in great shape then -- but it's not Bush that ruined our economy after that great time. We STILL feel the effects of 9/11 whether we want to recognize it or not.

I don't want to make this a great debate, and I will vote later in the year, I'm just not sure who to vote for yet. I feel it's my right and my duty to vote, and as easy as it is for me to say "fuck it", I registered for SOME reason. Even if I technically don't think it's going to matter much in the end, I can't really complain about the way things are if I don't at least put forth some effort to sway things in the, as you said, lesser of two evils.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth