Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page sonic youth touring in 2008?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.16.2008, 04:19 PM   #21
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
I'm in on trying to meet them. I wimped out on trying to meet Blonde Redhead as they were going out to eat after the show.
Old 04.17.2008, 10:53 AM   #22
reginald
stalker

reginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's asses
I met Steve grabbing something from under his bus a couple of years ago. But that was in the afternoon as they were going in for soundcheck. You gotta get there early !! 6pm is evening..not mid-afternoon ! LOL

Show starts at what, 8pm, so I'll go linger about 6 actually. And parking is across the street, a bit behind the buildings and is free. It didn't appear to be a HUGE lot though, so hard to tell how easy a place will be.
reginald is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2008, 10:56 AM   #23
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
I'm in on trying to meet them. I wimped out on trying to meet Blonde Redhead as they were going out to eat after the show.

DON'T DO IT!

i was so disappointed!
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2008, 11:02 AM   #24
█████████
expwy. to yr skull

█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingskull
DON'T DO IT!

i was so disappointed!

what happened?
█████████ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2008, 11:04 AM   #25
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
Lee was mean, well not mean, just brief. and he's short, also short.

It just wasn't how i imagined it would be.
Old 04.17.2008, 11:08 AM   #26
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Uh, when I "meet" (if a brief talk after a show is what we're talking about) BRH they've always been friendly and nice. Kazu made strange faces while I talked with the guys. Simone is by far my fav.

edit: oh, you were talkin' bout sy.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2008, 11:18 AM   #27
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Lee was mean, well not mean, just brief. and he's short, also short.

It just wasn't how i imagined it would be.

Come on!, maybe he was busy or something.

I've met him a couple of times and each time he's been made of awesomeness.

And short? *shakes head*

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2008, 11:20 AM   #28
screamingskull
invito al cielo

Phil he was sooooooooooooooo short.
Old 04.17.2008, 11:25 AM   #29
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Phil he was sooooooooooooooo short.

Yeah I admit he's short, but so what? thurston more than makes up for the size problems in the band.

Sonic Youth-They aint so tall (except Thurston)

Old 04.17.2008, 11:29 AM   #30
screamingskull
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Sonic Youth-They aint so tall (except Thurston)

HA HA, no, i am exaggerating it. I know, it wasn't as bad as when i met The Brian Jonestown Massacre, man that went badly.

But i was just a bit miffed, i mean he didn't know the trouble i had gone to, to go to those shows. But still, he really didn't care whatsoever.

I find that a lot with SY though.
Old 04.17.2008, 11:34 AM   #31
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:
HA HA, no, i am exaggerating it. I know, it wasn't as bad as when i met The Brian Jonestown Massacre, man that went badly.

But i was just a bit miffed, i mean he didn't know the trouble i had gone to, to go to those shows. But still, he really didn't care whatsoever.

I find that a lot with SY though.

Why what happened with BJM?

On a side note, heard about Mars Volta doing a gig in London?

Old 04.17.2008, 11:39 AM   #32
screamingskull
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Why what happened with BJM?

On a side note, heard about Mars Volta doing a gig in London?

yeah i gots ma tickets all ready!! got them before they went on sale in fact!!!

I'm sure i have told you about the BJM show before, haven't i???

Well if not, it was 2004? i think? and me and a friend of mine went back stage after the show. I left after a little while as Anton was totally wasted and acting like a twat, like he was going to hurt himself or someone else really badly at any minute. My friend stayed, i tried to get her to leave but she outright refused. And in the end she ended up sleeping with one of them, i think his name is Frankie. It ruined my opinion of them completely.

I saw them live again last year and booed them after every song, even though they were fabulous.
Old 04.17.2008, 11:43 AM   #33
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:
yeah i gots ma tickets all ready!! got them before they went on sale in fact!!!

I'm sure i have told you about the BJM show before, haven't i???

Well if not, it was 2004? i think? and me and a friend of mine went back stage after the show. I left after a little while as Anton was totally wasted and acting like a twat, like he was going to hurt himself or someone else really badly at any minute. My friend stayed, i tried to get her to leave but she outright refused. And in the end she ended up sleeping with one of them, i think his name is Frankie. It ruined my opinion of them completely.

I saw them live again last year and booed them after every song, even though they were fabulous.

Haha maybe you did, but I forgot it seems. Well he seemed like a pleb. In fact he seemed like a pleb on DIG! not some tortured genius he want to be anyway.

As for Mars Volta, good on you.

I shlla stop hijacking this thread.

Old 04.17.2008, 12:20 PM   #34
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
And in the end she ended up sleeping with one of them, i think his name is Frankie. It ruined my opinion of them completely.

"of them" as in "of this frankie and her" or "of the whole band"?
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2008, 12:21 PM   #35
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
You guys have fun there. Socialize and have a drink with each other. It's always great to meet a fellow boardie!

By the way, I talked to Lee on a Text of Light show a couple of months ago. Well, mr. Greenlight did talk a lot more, but I exchanged a sentence or two with him as well.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2008, 12:23 PM   #36
screamingskull
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfit
"of them" as in "of this frankie and her" or "of the whole band"?

Of her, as we have not been friends since. Of the whole band, as they let it happen, and were all acting like assholes that night. And especially of Frankie, he was like 40 something and she was 16.
Old 04.18.2008, 12:34 AM   #37
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
The former Velvet Underground frontman and notorious curmudgeon will be playing at The Calvin Theater in Northampton Sunday, April 20 with Sonic Youth frontman and NoHo resident Thurston Moore. Reed is embarking on a brief U.S. tour with Moore and, later, the rest of Sonic Youth before heading transatlantic to promote the recently released Julian Schnabel documentary "Lou Reed's Berlin," according to Pitchfork Media.

http://media.www.dailycollegian.com/...-3334102.shtml
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2008, 04:18 AM   #38
max
expwy. to yr skull

max kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's asses
thanx for the heads up moshe.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth