Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Daydream Melbourne***
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.01.2008, 07:41 AM   #1
tammens
empty page

tammens is a name known to alltammens is a name known to alltammens is a name known to alltammens is a name known to alltammens is a name known to alltammens is a name known to all
First night was booked out, any reviews?

I went second night (21st), was absolutely awesome. Great atmosphere, good crowd, all so friendly!!! i went over alone from Tas. , and was thrilled to know before Thurston launched into Incinerate, that the song was originally written in a cave in Tasmania!

to cut it short SY played an amazing show (as always) and i was fortunate enough to meet them afterwards.

encore 1
unsure on order, i think i'm right

Incinerate
Reena
Jams run free
Kool Thing (apparently Bull in the Heather was in this place the night earlier)

encore 2

Pink Steam

on a bad note, after the show the security were selling the guitar pics etc. I honestly wouldn't pay $20 for one...but yeah some people would i suppose.
I just can't believe they did that, definitely not in the spirit of the show/the SY ethic in my opinion.
tammens is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.01.2008, 11:37 PM   #2
Protectmeyou
bad moon rising

Protectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's asses
no they played The World Is Red on the first night, not Bull In The Heather
Protectmeyou is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.01.2008, 11:38 PM   #3
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
I'm sure there's already a thread about this.
Old 03.03.2008, 05:48 PM   #4
guitarwolf
little trouble girl

guitarwolf has tongues queuing up for a rim-festguitarwolf has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
The first night was great! Lots of energy, the songs flowed well and they seemed pretty happy to be there playing. Encores:

Encore 1

Incinerate (which Thurston dedicated to Spiral Stairs)
Reena
The World Looks Red
Jams Run Free
Pink Steam

Encore 2

Drunken Butterfly
guitarwolf is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth