Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Jazz Liberatorz - Fruit Of The Past [2009]
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.18.2009, 08:04 AM   #1
Schizophrenia
little trouble girl

Schizophrenia kicks all y'all's assesSchizophrenia kicks all y'all's assesSchizophrenia kicks all y'all's assesSchizophrenia kicks all y'all's assesSchizophrenia kicks all y'all's assesSchizophrenia kicks all y'all's assesSchizophrenia kicks all y'all's assesSchizophrenia kicks all y'all's assesSchizophrenia kicks all y'all's assesSchizophrenia kicks all y'all's assesSchizophrenia kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not sure if there are any lovers of this kind of music in this board, but here it goes:

Jazz Liberatorz - Fruit Of The Past [2009]

A timeless mix of jazzy beatcraft by the Jazz Liberatorz — from breezy, laidback soul jazz soundscapes to more of a funky boom bap on the more MC oriented tracks — with stellar roster of vocal guests including Aloe Blacc, Fat Lip, Wildchild, Mos Def and others! The French beatmaking trio of Madhi, Dusty & DJ Damage do really impressive job of paying tribute to the past without getting bogged down in revivalism, and also bring a lot more of the soul jazz atmosphere into the sound, with lots of groovy keys in the mix. Fruits Of The Past features great stuff and remixed material from earlier 12″s and brand new stuff — and it’s fresh all the way! Titles include “Music In My Mind” (Parts 1 & 2) “What’s Real”, “Dark Keys” feat M’Selem, “What’s Next On The Menu”, “Force Be With You”, “It Was Only A Song”, “My Style Is Fly”, “Capture Your Mind”, “That’s Right”, “Breathing Pleasure”, “My Style Is Fly” (Dela rmx), “What’s Next” and more.

01.Music In My Mind Part.1
02.Loop Prisoner
03.What's Real Feat. Aloe Blacc
04.Dark Keys Feat. M'Selem
05.What's Next On The Menu
06.Music Makes The World Go Round Feat. Declaime (20Syl of Hocus Pocus Remix)
07.Force Be With You Feat. T-Love
08.Diggin Sound
09.It Was Only A Song
10.Always Something
11.My Style Is Fly Feat. Fat Lip
12.Capture Your Mind
13.A Paris
14.After Party Feat. Wildchild (Jazz Lib Remix)
15.That's Right
16.Mountain Sunlight Feat. Mos Def
17.Breathing Pleasure
18.Music In My Mind Part. 2
19.That's Reality
20.Blue Avenue
21.Back Packers Feat. Fat Lip
22.Slow Down
23.Force Be With You Feat. T-Love (Drum Brothers Remix)
24.My Style Is Fly Feat. Fat Lip (Dela Remix)
25.Music Makes The World Go Round Feat. Declaime
26.What's Next

http://blakslair.blogspot.com/2009/0...eratorz-4.html

Heavily recommended!

Schizophrenia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.18.2009, 08:16 AM   #2
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
holy crap! Mos Def & Fatlip on the same album? YES!

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth