Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Michael Gira: "I don't know how Kim and Thurston did it for so long"
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.14.2012, 05:22 PM   #1
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Don't tour with your spouse.
Jarboe and I were both very intemperate personalities. I don't know how we survived together so long — no criticism of her at all — but there was just utterly insane behavior on both our parts. I can't give an example without embarrassing myself and her, but there were some bottles thrown across the room — I won't say by whom — but in the presence of some major journalists. You just get so exhausted and then you drive after the show. It's insane to do it. I don't know how Kim and Thurston did it for so long. They're much more levelheaded people I'm sure. I was really pleased Jarboe was willing to make a guest appearance on the new album. She has a lot of soul in her voice. I could never envision Jarboe back in the band, though. I love her tremendously but it would be a potential nightmare.

From August, but I don't think it has been posted/mentioned here.
http://www.spin.com/articles/swans-l...%20spintwitter

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth