Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Olivia Tremor Control recording new material.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.01.2009, 04:39 PM   #1
Kuwa_Slayne
bad moon rising

Kuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's asses
I'm a huge fan of OTC and Circulatory System so I'm really looking forward to this. Anybody else?

http://music-mix.ew.com/2009/05/circulatory-oli.html
Old 06.01.2009, 05:45 PM   #2
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah I am for sure, good stuff. Could be bad, but just to hear them trying again is cool enough for me! Does this mean Jeff is on board too?
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.01.2009, 06:06 PM   #3
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
i hope they tour
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.01.2009, 06:16 PM   #4
Kuwa_Slayne
bad moon rising

Kuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's asses
Pitchfork interview addresses these questions:

Pitchfork: Is Jeff Mangum on board with these sessions?

WCH: Maybe. Mangum plays when we all get together. He's on some of the songs on the new record that Circulatory System is putting out, and it's been years since he actually did the tracks. So, the same way, I think we probably have a few tracks that he'll probably end up on. They're still sitting around, and it's like, "Oh that one doesn't really work with that one." It's kind of a situationalist kind of thing.

Pitchfork: So you're not actually recording with him right now?

WCH: No, he's in New York or Canada or something. I'm not sure where he is.

Pitchfork: Do you keep up with him on a consistent basis?

WCH: I do on, like, a bi-weekly basis. I'll get an e-mail or something. My roommate has e-mail. [laughs] I don't even check it. "Hey, Jeff wrote." He's kind of quiet in his thing. And that's cool. We always talk, and it's like, "Oh god, yeah, I'm gonna send you the tracks." And you overdub stuff, and he never does the same. It just happens. But it is happening. Because he totally sent me some cool stuff. Well, he didn't actually send it to me. He left it here. I actually don't know where it came from. There was a blank disc, and I put it in. That was clearly who it is and what it is, and it's a bunch of cool tape cut-ups. So I'm not sure where it came from.

Pitchfork: If and when you put an Olivia Tremor Control record out there, do you plan on touring together again? Is it something you've thought about?

WCH: Well, yes. A lot, actually. If it's new, I think that everybody would want to do it. That's the key. Not that we wouldn't play other stuff. A few people, including myself, don't want to be just an oldies thing in some way. I wouldn't want to just do that. But it's kind of fun to do that once in a while. I feel proud of that stuff.
Old 06.01.2009, 07:20 PM   #5
dionysusundone
the end of the ugly

dionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard sucka
I can't wait to hear what they come up with, but the new Circulatory System is pretty damn awesome.
Old 06.01.2009, 10:16 PM   #6
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses
That's awesome. I never understood why OTC aren't as big as NMH. Dusk at Cubist Castle is a masterpiece.

I still need to hear Circulatory System's new one. I believe it leaked.

SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.01.2009, 10:32 PM   #7
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dionysusundone
I can't wait to hear what they come up with, but the new Circulatory System is pretty damn awesome.

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.02.2009, 08:26 AM   #8
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
they are my son's favorite band. he's going to be really happy to hear this!

(I am too)

The Sunshine Fix and Circulatory System just didn't do it for me.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth