Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page The Bootlegs Share/Trade Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.29.2007, 10:45 AM   #761
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
atari2600 - was that one of Dolphy's last recordings/appearances? I vaguely recall that he tragically passed away in 1964.
Old 04.29.2007, 10:49 AM   #762
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Yes, Eric Dolphy tragically died on June 28, 1964, in a Berlin hospital because negligent workers failed to treat his diabetic condition.

By the time of Dolphy's death, Mingus and the rest of the band had already bid Eric "so long," and had returned to the United States.

The Stuttgart date (some say it was at Liederhalle, some say Mozartsaal...probably the same place) was Eric Dolphy's last show with Mingus. Dolphy was planning to unite with his fiance in Paris and to live somewhere in Europe. He recorded some with European free jazz musicians after the Mingus tour, and was to record next with Albert Ayler.

I've upped five from the tour, the sole video that I know to exist, and am tapped-out at the moment.
That last one is from a trade with Mr. BigO.

Charles Mingus 6 Town Hall, NYC, Apr. 4, 1964
Charles Mingus 6 Concertgebouw, Amsterdam, Holland, Apr. 10, 1964
Charles Mingus 6 University Aula, Oslo, Norway, Apr. 12, 1964
Charles Mingus 6 Konserthuset, Stockholm, Sweden, Apr. 13, 1964
Charles Mingus 6 Stockholm, Sweden, Apr. 13, 1964
Charles Mingus 6 Old Fellow Palaet's Store Sal, Copenhagen, Denmark, Apr. 14, 1964
Charles Mingus 6 Bremen, West Germany, Apr. 16, 1964
Charles s Mingu6 Salle Wagram, Paris, France, Apr. 17, 1964
Charles Mingus 5 Theatre Des Champs-Elysees, Paris, France, Apr. 18, 1964
Charles Mingus 5 Palais De Congres, Liege, Belgium, Apr. 19, 1964
Charles Mingus 5 Bologna, Italy, Apr. 24, 1964
Charles Mingus 5 Town Hall, Wuppertal, West Germany, Apr. 26, 1964
Charles Mingus 5 Mozartsaal, Stuttgart, West Germany, Apr. 28, 1964
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.29.2007, 10:51 AM   #763
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks, atari. One of these days, I'll get hold of the "Last Date" LP with Han Bennink...
Old 04.29.2007, 11:06 AM   #764
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
That would be great.

I'll definitely get you back with those Elton John '68 sessions (plays like an unreleased album) of Nick Drake compositions.
Old 04.29.2007, 11:35 AM   #765
atari 2600
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Priest
Stereo MCs

Live in Fribourg
From back in the day (1992 or 93). A really good show.

Fade Away
Everything
Elevate My Mind
Step It Up
Connected
Lost in Music
Ground Level
Keep It Up
Creation
I'm A Believer
Bring It On

http://www.badongo.com/file/2737499

If you can't enjoy a song like Connected then you may very well need to see a doctor. Or a priest.

Stereo MCs
"Lost in Music"
Fribourg, Switzerland
08/28/92

01 Fade Away
02 Everything
03 Elevate My Mind
04 Step It Up
05 Connected
06 Lost in Music
07 Ground Level
08 Keep It Up
09 Creation
10 I'm A Believer
11 Bring It On

John Lennon Tribute
Abbey Road Studios
London 12/08/05
12 Tomorrow Never Knows
13 I Am The Walrus

Hip Priest, thanks for your Stereo MCs share.
I downloaded two songs of Stereo MCs' Lennon tribute at Abbey Road Studios in London. Their versions of "Tomorrow Never Knows" and "I Am The Walrus" are from 12/08/05 and are something they did around the time they released that last album. But, unfortunately, they had errors whilst coverting. I barely managed to even 100% download them because the torrent was about dead. My initial intention was to link to the two covers so that people who hadn't burned yet could add them onto the "Lost in Music" Fribourg '92 disc.
Does anyone have these Stereo MCs covers of The Beatles?
Old 04.29.2007, 04:49 PM   #766
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks for the exact date. That's one of my favourite shows.

The blog I originally got that from has now ceased to be. That's a shame because the stuff there was very good quality. I also got a good Queens of the Stone Age and a really good Sting acoustic session from there.

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.29.2007, 05:15 PM   #767
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Subhumans
Live in London 12-7-85

1. Parasites
2. Apathy
3. Dying World
4. Can't Hear the Words
5. People are Scared
6. Labels
7. Heads of State
8. Get Out of My Way
9. Dehumanisation
10. Waste of Breath
11. Joe Public
12. Powergames
13. It's Gonna Get Worse
14. Us Fish Must Swim
15. Human Error
16. Reality is Waiting for a Bus
17. Religious Wars

www.badongo.com/file/2901714
Old 05.01.2007, 01:37 PM   #768
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
I notice some Charles Mingus in this thread. His Paris show from October 28, 1970 has just gone up on Live Bootleg (currently third item down): http://live-bootleg.blogspot.com/.

It's worth keeping an eye on that blog, or doing a search for what's there, because the variety is enormous and lots of new things are regularly added.

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.01.2007, 08:14 PM   #769
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
The MBV show

http://download.yousendit.com/12A63A6A5725C78B

Enjoy!
Old 05.02.2007, 06:08 PM   #770
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
http://corndogs.org/justaminutemen%208-24-84.html
MINUTEMEN

August 24, 1984 - Tuscon, AZ
The Sound Factory - KLPX FM radio broadcast

Just A Minute... Men or Jam Schtik To Do For Gigs
This is probably the most famous MINUTEMEN boot out there.
The MINUTEMEN used 4 songs from this show for their Tour Spiel 7"
The guy who recorded the show got pissed because they didn't ask him first
so he put out this bootleg which he titled Just A Minute... Men.
In response to this and other bootlegs, the MINUTEMEN had planned to release
their own live record. This was to be the next project after 3 Way Tie For Last and was
to be called 3 Dudes 6 Sides 3 Studio 3 Live. There was even a ballot inserted inside of
3 Way Tie For Last so fans could choose which songs they would play for the live sides.
After D.Boon died, Mike Watt compiled Ballot Result from various bootlegs fans had sent in.
1. Joe McCarthy's Ghost MP3 FLAC
2. The Big Foist MP3 FLAC
3. The Only Minority MP3 FLAC
4. Life As A Rehearsal MP3 FLAC
5. No Exchange MP3 FLAC
6. The Maze MP3 FLAC
7. Ain't Talkin' Bout Love MP3 FLAC
8. Party With Me Punker MP3 FLAC
9. Anxious Mo-Fo MP3 FLAC
10. Retreat MP3 FLAC
11. The Red And The Black MP3 FLAC
12. Green River MP3 FLAC
13. Political Song For Michael Jackson To Sing MP3 FLAC
14. The Glory Of Man MP3 FLAC
15. Static MP3 FLAC
16. Search MP3 FLAC
17. The Punch Line MP3 FLAC
18. Two Beads At The End MP3 FLAC
19. Little Man With A Gun In His Hand MP3 FLAC 20. History Lesson Part II MP3 FLAC
all MP3's are encoded at 192 kb/s.
http//www.Corndogs.org for much much more
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.02.2007, 06:30 PM   #771
[iorxhscimtor]
little trouble girl

[iorxhscimtor] chews with a vagina dentata[iorxhscimtor] chews with a vagina dentata[iorxhscimtor] chews with a vagina dentata[iorxhscimtor] chews with a vagina dentata[iorxhscimtor] chews with a vagina dentata[iorxhscimtor] chews with a vagina dentata[iorxhscimtor] chews with a vagina dentata
Ohh, that site is very nice you can find a lot of Mike Watt goodies

Thanks for sharing finding nobody
[iorxhscimtor] is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.04.2007, 04:02 PM   #772
EMMAh
invito al cielo

EMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by krastian
Subhumans
Live in London 12-7-85

1. Parasites
2. Apathy
3. Dying World
4. Can't Hear the Words
5. People are Scared
6. Labels
7. Heads of State
8. Get Out of My Way
9. Dehumanisation
10. Waste of Breath
11. Joe Public
12. Powergames
13. It's Gonna Get Worse
14. Us Fish Must Swim
15. Human Error
16. Reality is Waiting for a Bus
17. Religious Wars

www.badongo.com/file/2901714

Downloading now I hope it finishes soon so I can listen to it before I go out.

EMMAh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.04.2007, 04:32 PM   #773
EMMAh
invito al cielo

EMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's asses
I'll have to do it again after I delete a shit load of stuff from this piece of crap computer. Apparently there's no memory left or something

EMMAh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.04.2007, 08:12 PM   #775
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
The Flaming Lips - Live at The Empty Bottle, 9/17/94

1. Chrome Plated Suicide
2. Unconsciously Screamin'
3. Moth In The Incubator
4. Jets
5. When Yer Twenty Two
6. Bad Days
7. Hit Me Like The First Time
8. What A Wonderful World
9. She Don't Use Jelly
10. Oh My Pregnant Head
11. You Have To Be Joking
12. Mountain Side
13. Put The Waterbug In The Policeman's Ear

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vximbr
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2007, 12:38 AM   #776
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Glad some people liked the Subhumans show!!
Old 05.09.2007, 03:01 PM   #777
almudeno69
little trouble girl

almudeno69 kicks all y'all's assesalmudeno69 kicks all y'all's assesalmudeno69 kicks all y'all's assesalmudeno69 kicks all y'all's assesalmudeno69 kicks all y'all's assesalmudeno69 kicks all y'all's assesalmudeno69 kicks all y'all's assesalmudeno69 kicks all y'all's assesalmudeno69 kicks all y'all's assesalmudeno69 kicks all y'all's assesalmudeno69 kicks all y'all's asses
my new page of live shows

www.freewebs.com/almudeno69

only want old noise-punk/no wave...
almudeno69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.12.2007, 08:09 AM   #778
sarramkrop

New Order
Tokyo 1985 [no label, 1CD]
Live at the Kosei Nekin Kaiken Hall, Tokyo, May 1, 1985.
Five years after the death of Ian Curtis and the end of Joy Division. When Curtis committed suicide in 1980, the remaining members - Ian Curtis, Peter Hook, Stephen Morris, and Bernard Sumner - roped in Gillian Gilbert to form New Order. With the release of Blue Monday in 1983, New Order were seen to fully embrace dance and had one of the best-selling 12-inch singles of all time.
It's arguable if New Order did the right thing by opening this Tokyo 1985 show with In A Lonely Place. While the song helped to give a sense of history to the group, it also allowed Curtis to cast a long shadow over the group. For many fans, the doom and gloom of Ian Curtis had more to say than the pop sheen of New Order.
Thanks to Rob2005 who shared the lossless tracks on the internet, fans can decide if New Order still had anything new to offer or by 1985, they were already a spent force.
Of the setlist, this is what Rob2005 noted: "This is the first of two consecutive nights that New Order played at the Kosei Nenkin Hall Tokyo. The second night was filmed and released in part on the Factory/Ikon video, Pumped Full Of Drugs. The first night was broadcast on Japanese radio, and this is a complete off-air recording of that. It starts with a Japanese announcer, who spoils the intro to In A Lonely Place and makes an unwelcome reappearance before and during Ceremony; the latter track is, furthermore, faded out, probably because the radio show was running out of time. Apart from that, this is a great recording.
"As was the band's wont at the time, the setlist of the two nights were radically different, with only five tracks common to both shows... A couple of tracks of this recording were previously available on a vinyl bootleg. Now you can hear (almost) the entire show, crackle free and with a minimum of FM static."
Click on the highlighted tracks to download the MP3s (these are high quality, stereo MP3s - sample rate of 192 kibit/s). As far as we can ascertain, these tracks have never been officially released.

Track 01Intro (5.6MB) Track 02In A Lonely Place (6.1MB)
Track 03Subculture(6.6MB)Track 04This Time Of Night (6.9MB)Track 05Denial (5.8MB)Track 06Your Silent Face (9.7MB)Track 07Leave Me Alone (5.8MB)Track 08The Village(6.7MB)Track 09586 (7.7MB)Track 10Thieves Like Us(8.8MB)Track 11Face Up (8.2MB)Track 12Age Of Consent (8.4MB)Track 13Perfect Kiss (13.2MB)Track 14(announcer) (3.7MB)Track 15Ceremony (4.2MB)

http://www.bigo.com.sg/

|QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.12.2007, 08:14 AM   #779
sarramkrop

Click on the panels to download artwork

Lou Reed
Brooklyn 2006 [no label, 1CD]
Live at St. Ann's Warehouse, Brooklyn, December 14, 2006
This is what David Fricke of Rolling Stone magazine wrote: "On December 14, 33 years after the album's release, (Lou) Reed opened a sold-out four-night stand at St. Ann's Warehouse in Brooklyn, New York, performing the whole of Berlin live for the first time, with full orchestration... The story still thrills as it repels: the way Reed, with a poet's ear and a reporter's eye and no intruding moral comment, renders both artificial ecstasies (booze, speed, reckless sex) and real-life horror (beatings, blood on the sheets).
"But the most astonishing thing about hearing Berlin live was the greatest-hits glow of the songs. The arrangements, which sounded muted and crowded on the album's original, flimsy RCA pressing, bloomed in 3-D. The German beer-hall thump of Lady Day became an elephant-march heartbeat with guitarist Steve Hunter, who played on the album sessions, breaking out in fits of arena-rock shriek. In Caroline Says I, Reed countered the flirty melody and gently buoyant score with dry vocal cool. And when he got to Caroline Says II, Reed offset the escalating violence and emotional collapse with a tenderness, in the music and his singing, that made it a love song in all but the bruises."
And as reported in the New York Times, "Mr Reed has gathered a starry group of friends to help turn Berlin into a semitheatrical, multimedia performance. Julian Schnabel has created sets and will be filming the show, and Mr Schnabel's daughter, Lola, has shot film scenes with the French actress Emmanuelle Seigner, which will be projected onto the stage. Bob Ezrin, who produced the original album, will be doing musical direction with Hal Willner. The indie darling Antony [of Antony & The Johnsons] will appear with a children's choir and will also sing backup with Sharon Jones, queen of the local retro-soul scene."
For those into trivial pursuit, the show even incorporated the "lost minute" instrumental interlude heard on the cassette and eight-track tapes!
Thanks to upload for sharing the tracks. Also note that while this audience recording is generally excellent, the volume is slightly low.
Click on the highlighted tracks to download the MP3s (these are high quality, stereo MP3s - sample rate of 192 kibit/s). As far as we can ascertain, these tracks have never been officially released.

Track 01introduction (2.3MB)Track 02Sad Song overture (2.4MB)Track 03Berlin (3.5MB)Track 04Lady Day (5.7MB)Track 05
Men Of Good Fortune (8.2MB)
Track 06
Caroline Says (I) (5.2MB)
Track 07How Do You Think It Feels? (5.5MB)Track 08Oh, Jim (10.0MB)Track 09Caroline Says (II) (7.9MB)Track 10 The Kids (10.9MB)Track 11The Bed (7.6MB)Track 12Sad Song (10.5MB) encoreTrack 13encore introduction (2.0MB)Track 14Sweet Jane (8.5MB)Track 15Candy Says (7.0MB)Track 16Rock Minuet (8.2MB)
Other musicians:
Rob Wasserman - bass
Fernando Saunders - bass
Steve Hunter - guitar
Tony "Thunder" Smith - drums
Sharon Jones - vocals
Steve Bernstein - trumpet
Jane Scarpantoni - cello
Hal Willner - producer
Bob Ezrin - conductor

|QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2007, 11:23 AM   #780