Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page question for the avril lavigne fan club on here
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.27.2010, 03:35 PM   #1
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
what do you exactly like about her music? i understand that you comunicate your love for her with pictures but what is it that you think makes her music so special?
not trying to change your mind, and you certainly won't change mine when it comes to think she's shit. i'm just curious.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2010, 03:38 PM   #2
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
She has a really impressive range and voice. A voice which some people don't like. She does songs which make you go 'ahh'. Unless you don't like her. The production on her albums is preposterous, in a good way (especially the second). I SAW HER LIVE AND SHE PLAYED THE DRUMS REALLY WELL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2010, 04:02 PM   #3
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I just like that she's bratty. If you ignore the indy cred and feminism, musically (vocally? attitude-illy?) she's not so different from Kathleen Hannah.
Old 11.27.2010, 04:05 PM   #4
kinn
the destroyed room

kinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by glice
When I watch her, I dream of having the privledge she does, I want access to her female narcissism. I want all the bois 2 be lusting after mi (ass) pussy. but as i lather up my asshole and furiously finger it, i can never shake away the disgust at my own hairy manly body. This brings me great woe, which I try to remedy with secretive listening sessions to Avril CD's. When the chorus in "Complicated" comes in and you can just FEEL IT you know FEEL IT, out comes the finger again and the cycle continues. Only this time it becomes more desperate and ravages further up my anus, until some sort of injury occurs and I eventually bleed to death. When I get to heaven and stand at the gate I beg St. Peter to send me back to earth as a female, he says he can work something out if I do him a, well, "favour", but I keep quiet about it. After I've finished and get back off my knees I ask him again, but he just looks disgusted at himself and ticks me off on his list for Hell. When I get down there Satan tells me that there's a private room for me waiting, which has an ipod preloaded with only Avril and Panic! at the Disco songs that I can do what I like with. Then I wake up alone in my bed, one of the headfones still in my ear, the other wedged between my back and the bed. The room smells of sweat and regret, and I flail my hands about for some pillows to wipe away the mixtures of tears and semen that covers my face.

wow man. keep it to yourself. geez.
kinn is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2010, 04:07 PM   #5
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
K Hanna sucks.
Old 11.27.2010, 04:16 PM   #6
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
I love her voice, her catchy pop hooks that get stuck in my head for days, her simplistic yet highly relatable lyrical content, the hidden gems on her albums that aren't singles (I consider sk8er boi to be the worst track on her otherwise masterful debut, Let Go), the fact that she's a pop star who I sorta grew up with and she's only 26 at the moment instead of coming close to her 40s, her juicy ass (see below), and her new "fuck" tattoo on her ribs.

Also, a song like "Losing Grip" initially seems like a pretty standard alternative rock tune, but then the breakdown hits just after the 2 minute mark, and the tender vocal melody she provides puts her leagues above her peers for me. She really touches the more feminine side of my personality, and with all things in consideration, it isn't too complicated to see how someone could fall in love with Avril.

Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2010, 04:17 PM   #7
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinn
wow man. keep it to yourself. geez.

Notes for future lampooning: there are 12 year old girls who are hairier than me. Not that I've ever examined a 12 year old close enough. It's an illustrative example for comedic effect. I know you don't always get these things so I thought I'd explain it for you.

Hugz n' kisez

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 11.27.2010, 05:40 PM   #8
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
I love her voice, her catchy pop hooks that get stuck in my head for days, her simplistic yet highly relatable lyrical content, the hidden gems on her albums that aren't singles (I consider sk8er boi to be the worst track on her otherwise masterful debut, Let Go)

I totally agree. I do really think she has a genuine talent. She can pull off the power-pop thing of something like 'He Wasn't' or 'I Don't Give' with effortless ease while on a song like 'Keep Holding On' or 'I'm With You', manage to write something really quite beautiful. She's like the perfect synthesis of Green Day's 'Basket Case' and Jimmy Eat World's 'Hear You Me'. Which for some people would obviously provide a perfectly valid reason to hate her while for others justify their every claim in her favour.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2010, 05:52 PM   #9
shabbray2.0
expwy. to yr skull

shabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's asses
I prefer old greenday then, whens it comes to power pop with ease.

shabbray2.0 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2010, 05:54 PM   #10
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
purist
Old 11.27.2010, 05:59 PM   #11
shabbray2.0
expwy. to yr skull

shabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's asses
yes!
longview, basket case, when I come around, are just some of the best pop songs ever made. and man they are all on the same album...

shabbray2.0 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2010, 06:00 PM   #12
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Does Green Day have a juicy ass? I think not!
Old 11.27.2010, 06:03 PM   #13
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4MYXKVWA2Y
Old 11.27.2010, 06:18 PM   #14
demonrail666
invito al cielo

haha. I imagine your hardrive is a shrine to liz vicious
Old 11.27.2010, 06:19 PM   #15
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
^ awesome fucking vid.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2010, 06:38 PM   #16
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSM6sgtcNsc

Jump to 1:25.
Old 11.27.2010, 07:12 PM   #17
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
haha. I imagine your hardrive is a shrine to liz vicious

My ex- was the spit of her, but not Avril. Strangely.

[If you're reading dear, please don't google Liz Vicious, 'cos you'll probably hate me]

Quote:
Old 11.28.2010, 12:07 PM   #18
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

you people make me sick
Old 11.28.2010, 12:19 PM   #19
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
My ex- was the spit of her, but not Avril. Strangely.

[If you're reading dear, please don't google Liz Vicious, 'cos you'll probably hate me]
s
gtfo.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.28.2010, 12:26 PM   #20
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Avril Lavigne has tits that spell out the word swastika.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth