Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page thurston to guest on black metal record maybe
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.03.2010, 09:06 PM   #1
themawt71
the destroyed room

themawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's asses
read this over at metalsucks.net. it's an interview w/ NACHTMYSTIUM

There are talks that somebody from Sonic Youth might be playing with us as well. Sanford’s partner is Jeremy Lemos. He’s Sonic Youth’s sound technician live. So we’re pretty closely connected to them through him. Thurston Moore is a big black metal fan, so we’ve been in talks with him about getting him involved and doing something on the next record, which we’re all really hoping will happen.

Wow, that’s incredible. I was expecting you to say Steve Shelley [drummer for Sonic Youth] because I know Sanford was working Steve Shelley.

No, but that’s part of how we have access to Thurston – we know Jeremy and the fact that Sanford and Steve are doing that project together – which is incredible, by the way). The High Confessions, I think it’s called.
themawt71 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2010, 09:56 PM   #2
dionysusundone
the end of the ugly

dionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard sucka
Yeah I saw Blake talking about that in a different interview, I hope this happens. It's kind of unclear in this interview (or at least this portion of it) that he's actually talking about his side-project, Twilight, who just put out a record. It's insanely good so I'm looking forward to possibly hearing them with Thurston.
Old 06.03.2010, 10:41 PM   #3
themawt71
the destroyed room

themawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's asses
just reread the interview and i think it is with twilight actaully.
themawt71 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth