Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page The Vines - Vision Valley
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.06.2006, 02:55 PM   #1
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
ok ok, i can hear the sniggers and laughs echoing thru the canyon but i DONT CARE!! The Vines are one of the bands i file under "My Guilty Pleasures"

Whats the opinions of their new album Vision Valley in comparision to the other albums Winning Days/Highly Evolved

and as me mammy always said.. if you've got nothing nice to say.....
Old 04.06.2006, 06:48 PM   #2
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
i think from the fact that 12 people have already opened this thread and had zero comments that they don't want to hurt your feelings by saying they suck...

...or maybe they are acting as if it's the ultimate guilty pleasure and not coming out to proclaim themselves approvers of the band

i don't, i hate them and wish they were as crazy/retarded as they pose to be
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.06.2006, 07:38 PM   #3
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
Not really about the new record but i remember reading somewhere recently that the lead singer has been diagnosed with down syndrome or something like that.
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.06.2006, 09:14 PM   #4
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazedcola
Not really about the new record but i remember reading somewhere recently that the lead singer has been diagnosed with down syndrome or something like that.
Aspergers Syndrome, which is a mild form of autism.

I haven't got the new album yet. I plan on it tomorrow. I'll report back.

The vines are a band I will never grow out of. I started listening to them from the get go, right when I started getting into music. Them, the strokes, the hives, the yeah yeah yeahs, and the smashing pumpkins. The vines and pumpkins are the ones that really stuck throughout the years. I don't really listen to the vines too much, but I love it when I do. They bring back nostalgic memories, a nice feeling I haven't had in a while.
Old 04.07.2006, 09:15 AM   #5
supersonicsix
little trouble girl

supersonicsix is a glorious beacon of lightsupersonicsix is a glorious beacon of lightsupersonicsix is a glorious beacon of lightsupersonicsix is a glorious beacon of lightsupersonicsix is a glorious beacon of lightsupersonicsix is a glorious beacon of light
they featured this album on my radio station and I don't mind some of the singles and stuff, but until I hear it properly i can't really make much of a comment, I just hope it's good.
I've always thought Craig was a cutie...
The Vines got me into rock and roll so I have a soft spot for them, I have a lot to be grateful for.
supersonicsix is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2006, 12:52 PM   #6
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
didnt get too much grief then at 35 views, nice one
fuck it everyone has a guilty pleasure.
Old 04.07.2006, 06:22 PM   #7
bytheriver
bad moon rising

bytheriver is just really nicebytheriver is just really nicebytheriver is just really nicebytheriver is just really nice
Yeah The vines are one of my Guilty pleasures, I think his lyrics are a bit too bratty but theres no arguing with his tunes. I dunno why they're a guilty pleasure, maybe cause they catch a lot of flak, particularly in america but as far as guitar pop music goes they hit the spot in a catchy sing along way. I probably wont buy the new album though unless I hear it and its really good cause im not too fond of the single and i got a bit bored of their first and second ones pretty quick, i still put em on and like them every now and again but I always skip a few tracks and leave awhile between hearings. Insomnia is a fantastic song.
bytheriver is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2006, 06:35 PM   #8
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonkey
didnt get too much grief then at 35 views, nice one
fuck it everyone has a guilty pleasure.
They aren't a guilty pleasure. I just like them. They have a real awsome forum, too. They are all real active. In fact if one of you could register there and say I (Ain't no room, on that forum) sent you here (post it in this thread) you'd be helping me out a lot.
Old 04.07.2006, 08:37 PM   #9
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
eh, ok sometimes. I used to have their first disc and remember autumn shade was pretty cool. But I don't really ever plan on buying a vines cd again. I wanna hear the new single though, ride was good. Maybe this one might be too.
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Here's a myspace of my music and 4-track ramblings
the electric kites--the jamz of me n my friends
hey alex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.08.2006, 09:59 PM   #10
Onani Nic
the end of the ugly

Onani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
Aspergers Syndrome, which is a mild form of autism.

It would be funny if he did have Downsyndrome, they just forgot to diagnose it when he was born. Seriously though that guy is a jerk.
Old 04.08.2006, 10:08 PM   #11
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onani Nic
It would be funny if he did have Downsyndrome, they just forgot to diagnose it when he was born. Seriously though that guy is a jerk.
He just kicked a photographers camera. For people with Aspergers lights can make them flip out. They don't know how to act in social situations either. So when you get all the cameras flashing and you don't know what is socially acceptable and your freaking out...well the rest is history. I think it was pretty justified. I mean, it isn't okay to kick cameras because you have a syndrome but they didn't know he had it until after, and he is on meds and stuff now.

Oh, I picked up the album. I like it, I suppose. Need to let it digest a little. Going Gone is an awsome track. Not as good as Highly Evolved. Undecided with better or worse than Winning days. A lot of the tracks sound the same.
Old 04.09.2006, 12:40 AM   #12
etertiena
little trouble girl

etertiena has tongues queuing up for a rim-festetertiena has tongues queuing up for a rim-festetertiena has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
they actually do a kickass version of 'ms jackson'
etertiena is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2006, 05:42 AM   #13
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

yeah, i love that version of Ms Jackson, its well cool
Old 04.09.2006, 06:05 PM   #14
Mudride
little trouble girl

Mudride has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
hahahaha
they're lame, but thats just my 2 cents
Mudride is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth