Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page nine inch nails
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.19.2007, 11:10 PM   #61
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
anyhoo, i really don't feel that motivated by nine inch nails, i still like them, listen to them from time to time but i just don't feel such excitement for them anymore.

same goes for tool.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2007, 11:48 PM   #62
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
at first i didn't like with teeth, but then again, i didn't like any nine inch nails release at first, and then i liked, just that i deleted it from my hard drive when i needed to make space, figuring i'd be buying it soon. well, now with teeth is $100 pesos and i still haven't bought it, i am intrigued by year zero and will probably listen to it soon.

and tool, aenima is one of my favorite albums ever...for some reason, i can't get too pumped by them anymore. yes, the bootlegs from around 1997/1998 are phenomenal.

and well, considering yellow swans, wolf eyes, prurient and sightings are not always full on attack and frequency saturation like merzbow and whitehouse, listening to their more menacing ambience stuff does have more than a little passing sensation of nin creepier moments; i guess it's the americanization of shit like spk, einstürzende and gritle (which all share as common influences) but still, that creeping sense is something that is found (although in small doses) on bringing the neon war home, dead hills, arrived in gold, black vase and psychic sesession.

and pretty hate machine is basically an angry depeche mode with heavier guitars.
Old 04.19.2007, 11:59 PM   #63
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

well, he has always said that he is a pop artist and that he makes pop records.

it would be cool if he just let loose, did a solo album of pure sound, without the songs.
Old 04.20.2007, 12:26 AM   #64
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

yeah, fragile is like a thing of it's own, really something that stands apart from their discography and it's an amazing work of audio. it is my favorite along with broken, i think.

i think tool lost me with lateralus, it's awesome and has some great songs but there's something very off putting about it, i think it might be a tad too pretentious for it's own good. i also think a perfect circle hurted tool.

i was especially thinking of head like a hole, terrible lie and sin (also something i can never have), those songs, would you have dave gahan sing instead of trent and would they switch their distortion off, wouldn't sound so out of place in violator or songs of faith and devotion or ultra; lyrically, soundwise, you name it.

yeah, i'm a depeche mode fan too, don't care who knows about it (i'm kinda burned out on them right now, i wrote extensively about it and them in my blog)
Old 04.20.2007, 12:44 AM   #65
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster_bebop_junkie
He was into David Bowie, Iggy Pop, Joy Division, Queen, Kiss.... And then he started listening to Skinny Puppy and Ministry later in his life as you said. He has said Ministry and Skinny Puppy were some of his biggest influences that made him decide he wanted to play some harder and more experimental shit. Dude, "Broken" was considered a fucking experiment born of Trent's wish to try to explore the possibilities of Industrial-Metal incorporated to (his definition of) pop music.
....and Devo, lots of Devo!!!!

I've listened to the new album twice.....it's ah-ite. It might take some more time to get into, but as of now, I think With Teeth was better.
Old 04.20.2007, 01:01 AM   #66
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
I'm really not sure.....well either way, I'm streaming it in now to let it sink in a little more. I think (subconciously or not) I'm a little turned off that it's about the government "taking over" and stuff.....it's a little cheesy for me. I mean, it's obviously influenced by/aimed at the Bush administration.....it just kind of turns me off (and I hate the Bush administration as much as anyone). The music def. is a bit more "old school Nails" which is cool though.

Here's the link if anyone is interested.
http://yearzero.nin.com/
Old 04.20.2007, 10:12 AM   #67
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster_bebop_junkie
Oh, I didn't know that. I thought I opened a Pandora's box. I was kinda expecting to get shit shit shit for liking them. Ha ha.
I should read your blog, although I don't spend much time at the Internet. I enjoy the things you write for that mag, but I think they don't give you enough space to do your writing, which I think is a shame.

awwwww...thanks, write to the editors and tell them!!!!! hahahahaha

starting june, i'll have my little space were i'll be reviewing weird records.
Old 04.22.2007, 10:10 PM   #68
Spark
empty page

Spark has tongues queuing up for a rim-festSpark has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
Trent Reznor is clearly a talented songwriter. Instrumentally his music is excellent. But his lyrics are horrendous. They are not only poorly written but are immature, individualistic, and self-absorbed. "Downward Spiral" and the EP that preceded it are his best material.
Spark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2007, 12:27 AM   #69
krastian
invito al cielo

^Mos def.

I actually like a lot of his "omg, poor me.....my soul aches" lyrics. I think he pulls it off.....there are some real lyric clunkers on the new album though.....yowzas.
Old 04.30.2007, 02:00 PM   #70
cuetzpalin
the end of the ugly

cuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's assescuetzpalin kicks all y'all's asses
i'm just getting into nin too. they're really amazing. just listening to something i can never have song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA8qCzT6Mk4
http://youtube.com/watch?v=UEW8riKU_tE

Co-founder of uber-kool outsiders' club.
member of Pookie's fan club
cuetzpalin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.01.2007, 12:27 AM   #71
krastian
invito al cielo

^I "heart" Something I Can Never Have.

Def. listen to Broken.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth