Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page nine inch nails
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.23.2006, 01:30 AM   #21
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
The Single, "Burn" is fucking awesome. It's even better live.

other NIN singles:
The Perfect Drug
Closer (remixes) (2 disc set)

you could go on & on
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.23.2006, 05:27 AM   #22
krebstar
empty page

krebstar has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Broken!
krebstar is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.23.2006, 06:13 AM   #23
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
i'd probably recomend that you get all the studio albums first Pretty Hate Machine, Downward Spiral, The Fragile, [With Teeth] and of course the EP Broken as apposed to the remix albums which are Further Down the Spiral, Things Falling Apart, and Fixed,
DO NOT LISTEN to Hayden... all these albums are fuckin excellent, you will not be dissapointed.
Also if you can catch em live you will realise the reason you are starting to like them in the first place, T Reznor and co really come into themselves when they play live
Jump into NIN feet first, you wont look back!
Let us know how you get on
fishmonkey is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.23.2006, 06:52 AM   #24
xpressway2yrskull
little trouble girl

xpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's assesxpressway2yrskull kicks all y'all's asses
Broken, The Fragile and The Downward Spiral are all really worth a listen in my opinion. I go through phases where I'm in love with NIN, otherwise I don't really listen to them much.

Spring break? pfft, another 2 weeks 'til Easter Holidays here. Hope yr all having fun doing whatever the hell it is you do when you have yr freedom back.
xpressway2yrskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.23.2006, 07:37 AM   #25
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Freedom, no such thing

just being humorous
-George Carlin
Old 03.24.2006, 12:32 AM   #26
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
I always made fun of Nine Inch Nails. The lyrics, especially, left something to be desired. Then I realized that they made perfect sense in the context of his songs. And now I'm so far gone, I don't think I can go back to making fun of Trent. At least not as much as I did before.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.24.2006, 12:36 AM   #27
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Trent's character leaves it open for anyone to make fun of him. But, I don't think he minds. He's been through alot these past few years. & maybe he brought most of it upon himself, but no one has the right to judge him. Just the right to make fun of him. (ha ha)
-George Carlin
Old 03.24.2006, 02:33 AM   #28
guitarpro
100%

guitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's asses
Downward Spiral Rocks!!!
Old 03.24.2006, 02:42 AM   #29
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

I like "The Downward Spiral's" remix album, "Further Down The Spiral", most of all the remix albums they've done. Well, I have the Germany releasing of that album, so you might not agree w/ me.
-George Carlin
Old 03.24.2006, 02:50 AM   #30
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, Further Down the Spiral is good.
Old 03.25.2006, 01:50 AM   #31
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
A few days ago, a friend of mine made me a CD of her favorite NIN songs. She called it "Canes & Lipstick & Bondage, Oh My!", which has a story behind it that I won't go into right now. But it gave me an idea for a drawing, which I did in my history notebook, hence the looseleaf paper:

It's so silly. A girl in my class even let me use her lipstick.

- Sebastian Bach

Old 03.25.2006, 01:55 AM   #32
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

I actually think it's an interesting piece of art. Do you have any more, so-called, silly art?
-George Carlin
Old 03.25.2006, 11:02 AM   #33
luxinterior
invito al cielo

I posted one on the first page of the "Post Your Art Or Die" thread on the Non-Sonics board. It started out as a picture of my friend who was sitting next to me in class, and when she wouldn't cooperate, it morphed into something resembling Nick Cave. Again, on notebook paper. I say "silly" because none of this stuff is done seriously. And since it's from memory, I can't guarantee that it will end up looking at all like the person intended. So I try to rectify that by putting them in recognizable clothing.

- Sebastian Bach

Old 03.25.2006, 11:14 AM   #34
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

My whole art paintings are based on sillyness. I never use anything more then a blue, or a black pen. I will use highlighters, & red colored sharpies. But really, my whole drawing art technique is based on "The Spiral Drawing", by: D.A.Levy. I believe that piece was in "NYCG&F".
-George Carlin
Old 02.15.2007, 04:49 PM   #35
compulsive diarrhea, jico
100%

compulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's asses
for the fans:
NIN
live at coliseu dos recreios(lisbon, portugal) 02/10/2007

01. pilgrimage
02. mr. self-destruct
03. last
04. terrible lie
05. march of the pigs
06. the line begins to blur
07. something i can never have
08. closer
09. burn
10. help me i am in hell
11. eraser
12. la mer
13. into the void
14. wish
15. no, you don't
16. only
17. you know what you are?
18. hurt
19. the hand that feeds
20. head like a hole

>>
compulsive diarrhea, jico is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2007, 06:50 PM   #36
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by compulsive diarrhea, jico
for the fans:
NIN
live at coliseu dos recreios(lisbon, portugal) 02/10/2007

01. pilgrimage
02. mr. self-destruct
03. last
04. terrible lie
05. march of the pigs
06. the line begins to blur
07. something i can never have
08. closer
09. burn
10. help me i am in hell
11. eraser
12. la mer
13. into the void
14. wish
15. no, you don't
16. only
17. you know what you are?
18. hurt
19. the hand that feeds
20. head like a hole

>>

you my friend are my fuckin hero
i'm going to Manchester to see NIN in 11 days time and i cant wait. heard a song off the new record "year zero" (which is brilliant by the way) and i dont give a fuck what his playing at these gigs, its just me and Trent and thats enough.
I really wanted to start a thread about NIN round here lately with all the internet stuff thats going on about Year Zero but i decided not to, i thought i'd just sound like Hayden baanging on about Xiu Xiu or some shite, i'm glad you resurected this thread jico!
Old 02.15.2007, 07:05 PM   #37
timtimtim
children of satan

timtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud of
I've heard their new tune 4 times on the radio today, it's allright.
The fragile is probably my favorite album of theirs but there are a few unnecasary songs
timtimtim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2007, 07:09 PM   #38
compulsive diarrhea, jico
100%

compulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's asses
i was there.

make sure to check the bootlegs thread, i'll post 02/11 and 02/12 for ya.

year zero, someone took a shit for us:
New Nine Inch Nails song found on a usb drive in a bathroom in portugal
compulsive diarrhea, jico is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.16.2007, 04:27 AM   #39
alteredcourse
expwy. to yr skull

alteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's asses
http://anotherversionofthetruth.com/
http://bethehammer.net/
http://105thairbornecrusaders.com/
http://churchofplano.com/
http://www.consolidatedmailsystems.com/nooneimportant/
http://www.consolidatedmailsystems.com/citizen_unknown/

This is the marketing for the new album .
Nice concept, unless youre tired of american fear-politics .

Im psyched .
As fishmonkey said, all the studio albums are great. The fragile took me a long time to soak in , and despite liking NIN before, getting into the fragile was like getting into a newer greater more exciting realm of music . ive been deep into them ever since .
and, yes, the downward spiral is fucking amazing . but you knew that .

Seeing them live is a trip , to say the least .
alteredcourse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.16.2007, 02:36 PM   #40
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
Pretty Hate Machine is the best thing Nine Inch Nails has ever done. Downward spiral is decent but horrible in some parts. The last two Nine inch Nails albums were terrible. I'm not really into them anymore but I worshipped them in highschool
EyeballGrowth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth