Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Z-Rock Hawaii: Ween & the Boredoms
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.23.2008, 10:56 AM   #1
nature scene
100%

nature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard sucka
Has anyone heard of this album? It came out around 1997 and is a collaboration between members of Ween and Eye from the Boredoms.

How can you not love that?
nature scene is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.23.2008, 11:45 AM   #2
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

drrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's asses
If I don't love Ween, I can't love that.

drrrtyboots is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.23.2008, 11:47 AM   #3
nature scene
100%

nature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard sucka
well... you should love ween
Old 02.23.2008, 11:49 AM   #4
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

drrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's asses
I love the Boredoms and Eye A LOT but Eye has done so many collaborations by now, many of them not being very impressive, that I can look the other way. Sorry to disappoint. BOREDOMS FOREVER!

drrrtyboots is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.23.2008, 12:17 PM   #5
StevOK
expwy. to yr skull

StevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's asses
I'm more interested in Ween than the Boredoms. I wonder if anyone could find an upload maybe?
Facebook

StevOK is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.23.2008, 12:30 PM   #6
nature scene
100%

i have some of the songs, but not all of them yet... when i get the rest i'll put it up
Old 02.23.2008, 01:45 PM   #7
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, I heard this, oh... 5 years ago. It's pretty worthless. The first song is pretty good, it has a nice fruity keyboard part, and the cover of that famous rock hit (you know the one) is hilarious. The rest is by far the worst thing Boredoms has ever been involved with in any way, shape, or form. I blame it on Ween. Also, if you're looking for this album, why not just get on soulseek? About a million people have it on there.

Anyway, I suggest you people get everything you can find by Omoide Hatoba (and Ruins-Hatoba) instead of worrying about the disappointing Z-Rock . That's a Boredoms side project worthy of your ears and money 24/7.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.23.2008, 01:59 PM   #8
nature scene
100%

well i'm getting it for ween more than the Boredoms, and soulseek is where I'm getting it from.

I could really care less about some japanese noise rock, but everything that Gener and Deaner touch turns to gold.
Old 02.23.2008, 02:16 PM   #9
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
yknow, ive always had a soft spot for ween. maybe its because the hippy kids in who i went to high school and smoked pot with, ween was probably the only band i could stand that they liked, except for greatful dead who's live alblums i dig , so i ended up listenin to them quite a bit. theyre sure as hell better than phish. i think ill check this out.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.23.2008, 02:26 PM   #10
nature scene
100%

man, the Boredoms guy sounds just like the noise at the end of "Don't Laugh I Love You" off of Ween's first album. pretty awesome
Old 02.23.2008, 04:42 PM   #11
nature scene
100%

http://www.badongo.com/file/7954880

For anyone that's interested, here you go.
Old 02.23.2008, 09:07 PM   #12
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
novelty disc.

ween have like 3 songs total that are great, the rest sorry, a very stupid band and always gets on my nerves.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.23.2008, 09:24 PM   #13
avantgarde1
the end of the ugly

avantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's asses
WEEN is in my top 5 of WORST BANDS OF ALL TIME! and i've yet to meet a fan of theirs that's not an asshole.

avantgarde1 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.23.2008, 11:37 PM   #14
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature scene
man, the Boredoms guy sounds just like the noise at the end of "Don't Laugh I Love You" off of Ween's first album. pretty awesome

the boredoms guys. haha, you must be a big fan of theirs.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.24.2008, 12:29 AM   #15
nature scene
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
novelty disc.

ween have like 3 songs total that are great, the rest sorry, a very stupid band and always gets on my nerves.

novelty disc indeed. but i think ween is one of the most creative and unique bands out there. they do what they want and don't give a shit what anyone else thinks. they put on a fun live show because they really enjoy what they do. that's what rock is all about. on top of it they're good musicians.

concept rock at it's best.

i'm simply brought it up because i know you indie kids like the Boredoms. so i figured, hey why not?

i also really wanted to hear how much you despise Ween. really...
Old 02.24.2008, 12:45 AM   #16
nature scene
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
the boredoms guys. haha, you must be a big fan of theirs.

ok?
Old 02.24.2008, 08:11 AM   #17
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, ween is shit.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.24.2008, 11:26 AM   #18
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses
I'm quite shocked at all the Ween hate here. :7(
SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.24.2008, 11:32 AM   #19
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

A Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's asses
I'm shocked that people actually listen to Ween.
A Thousand Threads is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.24.2008, 02:11 PM   #20
nature scene
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCreep
I'm quite shocked at all the Ween hate here. :7(

don't be... Ween's music doesn't fit the indie hipster mold, so naturally the majority of people here will think they suck.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth