Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.15.2015, 11:07 AM   #7101
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I like one team players and it'd feel wrong watching him face Bayern in a cl fixture. Seems an odd buy for man u, too. He offers nothing long term due to his age and will be an injury risk now till he retires.

i think he's a better player than he seems... in the sense that he's a misfit in pep's system-- too strong and intense, pep seems to prefer gentle lightfooted hobbits.

so schweinsteiger should be a good fit for english football. that's besides his preexisting relationship with van gaal, which should work for the team.

i found out yesterday from the news that he's going to be the first german ever to play for man u? is that war related or something (i'm going to guess yes).
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2015, 11:19 AM   #7102
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
I love schweinsteiger.. i love the whole Dutch team.. van persie.. robben.. dudes names together all sound like the villains in a Van Damme movie

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2015, 05:35 AM   #7103
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Schweinsteiger's German.

Vidal to leave Juve for Bayern? Logical move but I was really hoping he'd come to the Prem.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2015, 12:15 PM   #7104
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Vidal to leave Juve for Bayern? Logical move but I was really hoping he'd come to the Prem.

dammit. another midfielder.

at least he can defend.

he's in for schweinsteiger i suppose. which makes sense. both are well-rounded extremely capable midfielders.

im going to have to read up & catch up with the transfers. been out of the loop all of last week.

==

goodbye pizarro-- retirement was expected.

==

and douglas costa, i really don't know what for. don't we have enough attacking midfielders?

but seriously pep and the midfielders. what the fuck. get a solid central defender to play with boateng. for fucks sakes already.
Old 07.16.2015, 01:11 PM   #7105
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Schweinsteiger's German.

Hahaa that is right! Sorry i been REEEEAAAAL stoned lately and my mind is in CONCACAF mkde

Old 07.16.2015, 01:22 PM   #7106
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Hahaa that is right! Sorry i been REEEEAAAAL stoned lately and my mind is in CONCACAF mkde

ha ha portlandia

good for you

i was away & lost track of concacaf. will have to read up the news now.
Old 07.16.2015, 02:32 PM   #7107
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

but seriously pep and the midfielders. what the fuck. get a solid central defender to play with boateng. for fucks sakes already.

If they don't, Benatia (remember him?) Is gonna have to really up his game.
Old 07.16.2015, 02:45 PM   #7108
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
If they don't, Benatia (remember him?) Is gonna have to really up his game.

benatia!

if pep put as much care in hiring defenders as he puts in hiring attacking midfielders, bayern would be unkillable.

i think he'll be putting javi martínez along with boateng. it makes sense. he's hugely physical, tireless, can launch an attack, etc. so he'd be like a 2nd boateng. that would be ideal-- pushed upfront the way pep likes it.

with heynckes he was the key to the whole game in the midfield. pep wants him as centerback, but a pep centerback scores goals-- like beckenbauer--so it could work under that mold. not like a classic centerback parket in front of his keeper.

reason he didn't work out last year was fitness. he came back too late to recover. summer should be kind on him.

badstuber also staying (so far anyway-- he wrote pizarro a goodbye note on twitter). he's so injury prone who knows what will happen.

so you have, as centerbacks:

boateng (fit)
benatia (sucks)
dante (slow)
badstuber (who knows)
javi martínez (on the mend)

so that's impressive but the problem is nobody is fit except for boateng (knock on wood)
:
as fullbacks

alaba (got hurt too)
rafinha (he's okay but i don't like him as defender)
rode?? (he plays any and all wings-- he's versatile)

lahm is still the greatest fullback but he doesn't play as such. he's, i don't know, all over.
Old 07.16.2015, 04:44 PM   #7109
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Pep's apparently been interested in bringing Piquet from Barca but I don't think that'd be too popular with Bayern fans. And even for the neutral it'd reek of short termism. He's always been interested in Thiago silva (who isn't?) And maybe a couple of seasons ago he could've got him but I don't think Pep or bayern have the same pull now as they did then.
Old 07.16.2015, 04:54 PM   #7110
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

okay, shit, this is the official list

In
07/15 Brazil Douglas Costa MF Shakhtar Donetsk Shakhtar Donetsk
07/15 USA Julian Green FW Hamburger SV Hamburger SV
07/15 Denmark Pierre-Emile Hřjbjerg MF FC Augsburg FC Augsburg
07/15 Germany Joshua Kimmich MF RB Leipzig RB Leipzig
07/15 Germany Jan Kirchhoff DF FC Schalke 04 FC Schalke 04
07/15 Germany Sven Ulreich GK VfB Stuttgart VfB Stuttgart
Out
07/15 Germany Bastian Schweinsteiger MF Manchester United Manchester United
06/15 Germany Lukas Görtler FW 1. FC Kaiserslautern 1. FC Kaiserslautern
06/15 Spain Pepe Reina GK SSC Napoli SSC Napoli
06/15 Germany Lucas Scholl MF Bayern München II Bayern München II
06/15 Germany Rico Strieder MF Bayern München II Bayern München II
06/15 Germany Patrick Weihrauch FW Bayern München II Bayern München II
06/15 Germany Mitchell Weiser MF Hertha BSC Hertha BSC

http://www.worldfootball.net/teams/b...chen/2016/6/6/

they're recalling julian green (forward) and hojberg (central midfielder) from their loans. kimmich is a midfielder too, but defensive (well, thank fuck) and apparently very promising/young. douglas costa of course played for megaloser brazil so and it's yet-another-attacking-midfielder.

meanwhile, pep has ruined greedy little gotze who followed him to bayern for the glory of playing under him. he said so himself. now look at it. fucken ruined.

kirchoff is a central defender (at last! at last!) from schalke, but i don't remember him much-- then again i had troubles watching last season.

ulreich is a GK from stuttgart who i suppose replaces pepe reina who went to napoli.

the others bayern is ditching i have never heard of except for mitchell wieser who is still very young and can benefit from a loan out.

Quote:
Pep's apparently been interested in bringing Piquet from Barca but I don't think that'd be too popular with Bayern fans. And even for the neutral it'd reek of short termism. He's always been interested in Thiago silva (who isn't?) And maybe a couple of seasons ago he could've got him but I don't think Pep or bayern have the same pull now as they did then.

don't know about "pull"-- they got vidal who very highly ranked right now

his short termism worked for xabi alonso though

but then again it would take more than money to yank piqué out of barcelona i think. they're the euro-champions after all.

wait, maybe that's why you meant by "pull". yeah.
Old 07.16.2015, 04:59 PM   #7111
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Schneijder! Thats the dude my brain was thinking of when yall were talking about Schweinsteiger's. Holland team sounds like villains in Van damme movie, German team sounds like the menu at a Beir Garden

Old 07.16.2015, 05:02 PM   #7112
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Schneijder! Thats the dude my brain was thinking of when yall were talking about Schweinsteiger's. Holland team sounds like villains in Van damme movie, German team sounds like the menu at a Beir Garden

catch us up with concacaf, pacheco
Old 07.16.2015, 05:07 PM   #7113
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

USA playing meh but solid enough to remain favored. Since March finally been able to halt that 15 match skid of allowing teams to score in 2nd half.. jozy is going home which concerns me a bit (though not for the Cup specifically so much as in general)and brooks dumbass got two yellows so woll miss quarters but its Cuba so no worries there. Dempsey has been great and played well without Altidore against Panama but long term hoping missing Altidore doesn't bring back the uncreative offense we saw in the World Cup. Dempsey doesn't create his offense

Mexico destroyed Cuba before looking Meh-xico against Guatemala and allowing the sleeper Trinidad to score 4 (in a draw).. Costa Rica more or less choked.. Panama is lucky to advance and Jamaica has been sneaky good.

Semis should include US vs JA and Mexico vs Trinidad

Old 07.16.2015, 05:13 PM   #7114
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

CR didnt make semis? holy fuck! disappoint...

so the only regularly serious teams here are USA and Mexico, after all.

can't wait for copa américa centenario-- if it happens-- though they'll be more focused on world cup qualifiers i think

--

wait wait man-- demasiada mota! they're still to play quarterfinals. i got curious and looked up:

sat - usa/cuba, haiti/jamaica
sun trinidad/panama, mex/costarica

there's still a way to go!
Old 07.16.2015, 05:14 PM   #7115
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Its not semis yet those were my predictions.. quarters are this weekend but i just don't see them beating Mexico after their disappointing play in the group..

Yeah, its a two horse conference but the semis are still usually good teams and with Mexico being shaky Trinidad can pull off the upset Panama did in 2013

Old 07.16.2015, 05:19 PM   #7116
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

oh i see i see now-- you were predicting not announcing

i still have hopes for CR to put a good show though!

i saw them suck on their first game but good teams grow under pressure
Old 07.16.2015, 05:22 PM   #7117
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Oh yeah its a coinflip for sure cuz mexico has been shaky

Old 07.16.2015, 05:30 PM   #7118
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

maybe i'll go watch the highlights online (free on fuck-sucker 2go)

--

never mind, they only have full matches and i can't sit through all
Old 07.16.2015, 05:32 PM   #7119
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

I imagine the Mexico-Trinidad 4-4 draw would be best bet

Old 07.16.2015, 05:34 PM   #7120
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

alright, thanks! maybe i'll take a look at that full match.

or maybe i'll watch usa team... hmmm... decisions...

julian green going back to bayern 1st squad-- sounds promising
306346353354355 356 357358359366406456 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth