Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Portland 7/1
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.30.2006, 04:57 PM   #1
Bollocks_to_Pop
children of satan

Bollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's asses
I just wanted to know who else is going to the Portland gig on Sat. This will be my first SY concert and I'm psyched. Is anyone going to be recording the show?
Bollocks_to_Pop is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2006, 05:41 PM   #2
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
probably...on the sonic nurse tour there at crystal ballroom, an audience video circulated.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2006, 06:54 PM   #3
modicum
empty page

modicum has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
First SY show, I’m quite jealous. I’m seeing the Seattle show tonight and then taking the train down to Portland tomorrow. I’ve only been in Portland one other time, so I am looking forward to seeing the town, and I hope the show is in a good venue. Some of my favorite musicians, both separately and together.

My first SY was Lollapalooza in St. Louis in 1995. I’ve also seen:
  • Two shows in one night at First Avenue in Minneapolis in 1995 (with the Amps). The best SY I have ever seen.
  • One great set at O'Shaugnessy Auditorium in St. Paul with Helium.
  • Three shows on the NYC Ghosts and Flowers tour with Stereolab (Minneapolis, Chicago and Philadelphia).
  • One show for the Murray Street tour in Raleigh.
  • Two shows for the Sonic Nurse tour in Minneapolis and Raleigh.
So Portland will be number 12. I also saw a lot of Pavement shows, so I am looking forward to seeing how he interacts with the band.

Let us know what you think.
modicum is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2006, 05:16 AM   #4
matt reeder
little trouble girl

matt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's asses
I'll be there.
matt reeder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2006, 06:27 PM   #5
Cthulhu
empty page

Cthulhu has a brilliant futureCthulhu has a brilliant futureCthulhu has a brilliant futureCthulhu has a brilliant futureCthulhu has a brilliant futureCthulhu has a brilliant futureCthulhu has a brilliant futureCthulhu has a brilliant futureCthulhu has a brilliant futureCthulhu has a brilliant futureCthulhu has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by modicum
First SY show, I’m quite jealous. I’m seeing the Seattle show tonight and then taking the train down to Portland tomorrow. I’ve only been in Portland one other time, so I am looking forward to seeing the town, and I hope the show is in a good venue. Some of my favorite musicians, both separately and together.

My first SY was Lollapalooza in St. Louis in 1995. I’ve also seen:
  • Two shows in one night at First Avenue in Minneapolis in 1995 (with the Amps). The best SY I have ever seen.
  • One great set at O'Shaugnessy Auditorium in St. Paul with Helium.
  • Three shows on the NYC Ghosts and Flowers tour with Stereolab (Minneapolis, Chicago and Philadelphia).
  • One show for the Murray Street tour in Raleigh.
  • Two shows for the Sonic Nurse tour in Minneapolis and Raleigh.
So Portland will be number 12. I also saw a lot of Pavement shows, so I am looking forward to seeing how he interacts with the band.

Let us know what you think.

I think we may have went to many of the same shows. My first SY show was also the Lollapalooza show in St. Louis and I have seen them in Minneapolis and chicago also I have seen them again in st. louis and Columbia MO. This will be my first SY show on the west coast. You might have seen me not sure I have long dreads and usually wore a hoody with a Rudimentary Peni patch on the back.
Cthulhu is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2006, 08:46 PM   #6
matt reeder
little trouble girl

matt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's asses
I saw them in St. Louis and in Chicago on the Murray St. tour, but haven't seen them since (I was in France during the Nurse tour). I'm pretty freaking stoked for tonight.
Old 07.02.2006, 04:07 AM   #7
matt reeder
little trouble girl

Awesome show. The crowd was really into it (at least where I was), the band seemed to be in a good mood, and everybody was having a good time. I got to pound on Thurston's guitar at the end of "Schizophrenia!" I grabbed the setlist too.

Setlist:
Incinerate
Reena
Tom Violence
What a Waste
Mote>>>noise
Do You Believe in Rapture?
The Neutral
100% (huge audience response)
Jams Run Free
Rats
Catholic Block
Pink Steam
Or
----
Sleepin' Around
Schizophrenia
Turquoise Boy (not on original setlist)
-----
(hip hop radio noise)
Lights Out
Shaking Hell

Yup-all of the new album. Lots of requests for "Expressway", but it wasn't played.

Great show though. Highlights: "Mote", "Incinerate", "100%", and "Shaking Hell".
Old 07.02.2006, 03:39 PM   #8
insipid
empty page

insipid has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
5 audience rigs, 1 sbd feed. check tradersden.org soon.
insipid is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2006, 03:45 PM   #9
jcrab66
empty page

jcrab66 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
ok, i will
jcrab66 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2006, 04:33 PM   #10
insipid
empty page

insipid has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
do it do it!
insipid is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2006, 10:10 PM   #11
eastjesus
empty page

eastjesus kicks all y'all's asseseastjesus kicks all y'all's asseseastjesus kicks all y'all's asseseastjesus kicks all y'all's asseseastjesus kicks all y'all's asseseastjesus kicks all y'all's asseseastjesus kicks all y'all's asseseastjesus kicks all y'all's asseseastjesus kicks all y'all's asseseastjesus kicks all y'all's asseseastjesus kicks all y'all's asses
oregon rules.
eastjesus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2006, 03:39 PM   #12
Lee is Free
Administrator

Lee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's asses
hi everyone---i have to say that i think for most of us this was one of the best shows of the tour so far---for me--totally my fav show to date on the RR tour-- see y'all down the road and thanx for comin' out to the shows!

Lee
Lee is Free is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2006, 03:44 PM   #13
Chaffie
empty page

Chaffie is a jewel in the roughChaffie is a jewel in the roughChaffie is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee is Free
hi everyone---i have to say that i think for most of us this was one of the best shows of the tour so far---for me--totally my fav show to date on the RR tour-- see y'all down the road and thanx for comin' out to the shows!

Lee

Hopefully we'll get the same energy and excitement over the secret LA show this weekend. Rock on!

Chaffie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2006, 03:56 PM   #14
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Cool to see you around Lee.
Old 07.04.2006, 03:18 AM   #15
sprawl
empty page

Location: Salem, Oregon, it's a real happenin' spot...like Portland, except minus black people and assholes.
sprawl has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:

Lee

man, i think it's great that someone from the band actually uses this damn thing. hi lee, the show was great, loved it.
sprawl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.04.2006, 03:20 AM   #16
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Awesome, man. Good to hear you reach out to the fans. Enjoy the tour, and see you at the Filter party.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.04.2006, 06:07 PM   #17
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprawl
man, i think it's great that someone from the band actually uses this damn thing. hi lee, the show was great, loved it.
Steve used the old board a lot. But it is cool nonetheless.
Old 07.09.2006, 03:55 AM   #18
golden child
expwy. to yr skull

golden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's asses
i missed it, this thread just heightens my saddity
Old 07.09.2006, 10:06 AM   #19
against_the_grain
stalker

against_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard sucka
Quote:

Lee

Great to hear from a band-member !!!

I got to shake your hand at the Denver gig Lee....you're very personable and so good on your guitfiddle !!! You guys seemed to have fun here at the Gothic....carry on....Rather Ripped Rocks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do not fear mistakes. There are none

Miles Davis
against_the_grain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth