Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Who Did Not/Is Not Going To Buy Rather Ripped?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.09.2006, 10:46 AM   #21
trainyard bliss
little trouble girl

trainyard bliss cold hard suckatrainyard bliss cold hard suckatrainyard bliss cold hard suckatrainyard bliss cold hard suckatrainyard bliss cold hard suckatrainyard bliss cold hard suckatrainyard bliss cold hard suckatrainyard bliss cold hard suckatrainyard bliss cold hard suckatrainyard bliss cold hard suckatrainyard bliss cold hard sucka
i've pre-ordered mine. i'll pick it up at some point on the 13th. i've heard thurston's rendition of "incinerate" and "do you believe in rapture?" on that bbc show, and "reena" on myspace. i'm excited.
trainyard bliss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.09.2006, 12:28 PM   #22
Fox
the destroyed room

Fox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's asses
I bought it on 5, when it was out in France. I love it.

Noisejob
Fox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.09.2006, 12:31 PM   #23
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
ill buy it but not this month i think
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.09.2006, 12:36 PM   #24
johnnywinternoshow
the end of the ugly

johnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's asses
it's very good but not as good as nurse or murray street. The only song that i get a bit bored by is lights out
johnnywinternoshow is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.09.2006, 12:41 PM   #25
bikinikillbillchillthrill
empty page

bikinikillbillchillthrill has tongues queuing up for a rim-festbikinikillbillchillthrill has tongues queuing up for a rim-festbikinikillbillchillthrill has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
I will definately buy it
bikinikillbillchillthrill is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.09.2006, 12:43 PM   #26
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
i will definately buy it, on CD and vinyl. i havent heard any of it yet though so im still excited!
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.09.2006, 12:44 PM   #27
Lara
empty page

Lara has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I've already got it, looks nice on the shelf, sounds nice in the player. Result.
Lara is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.09.2006, 01:51 PM   #28
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
i can't decide whether to buy it or not. maybe i'll wait till it's half price.

good luck fighting your way to the front of the queue kegmama, i'm sure there are at least 3 other nerds in your city who will try and get there before you!
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.09.2006, 01:53 PM   #29
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Thats fine if you don't want to buy it, but what is the FUCKIN' point on insisting to tell everyone on a SY fanforum (A) how much you dislike the album and (B) not going to spend the money to get it.

I think its slightly better than average but i don't see the reasoning on whining about how shitty you think it is... damn it you people need to get a life and be more grown up.

I do see the point on pointing this out to some of you little shits that act like 2 year olds and don't "get what you want" all the time.

society overall despises spoiled brats... so quit it.
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.09.2006, 01:53 PM   #30
qprogeny79
stalker

qprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's asses
i just pre-ordered it today on amazon along with some textbooks i need for next semester. of course it's all getting shipped at the same time so i might not get it until the end of the week.
qprogeny79 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.09.2006, 02:07 PM   #31
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
i don't buy music.

toilet & bowels are you the guy who posted a reel of photos of you and your cat on the old board?

probably.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.09.2006, 02:08 PM   #32
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott v
Thats fine if you don't want to buy it, but what is the FUCKIN' point on insisting to tell everyone on a SY fanforum (A) how much you dislike the album and (B) not going to spend the money to get it.

I think its slightly better than average but i don't see the reasoning on whining about how shitty you think it is... damn it you people need to get a life and be more grown up.

I do see the point on pointing this out to some of you little shits that act like 2 year olds and don't "get what you want" all the time.

society overall despises spoiled brats... so quit it.

I was waiting for that to be said. Tonnes of the songs on the album are fucking great. Jams Run Free is such a good song, and it easily lives up to any other Sonic Youth songs. I'll be honest and say that Or really doesn't spark my interest, but most of the songs on the album really grow on you; just like Nurse. That's the wayh Sonic Youth works for me. When I first bought Dirty, I didn't even know what they sounded like. I bought it because these cool animators really liked them an displayed "SONIC YOUTH" in middle of their cartoon for no apparent reason. I hated Kims voice. Now Kim's one of my favorite vocalists. Her style is very unique in comparison to many other female vocalists, and on Rather Ripped her singing style changes from the other albums. She's not doing the Mariah Carey & Arthur Doyle... or Orange Rolls, Angels Spit style, but instead singing them and expressing her natural voice more, so it's nice to see a change.
Old 06.09.2006, 02:22 PM   #33
DemonBox
the end of the ugly

DemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's asses
I am going to buy the album. I sure hope it's better than Sonic Nurse, which I found somewhat dissapointing. I've only heard Reena and What A Waste, they we're good, but not great. But yeah, I can't wait.
DemonBox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.09.2006, 02:38 PM   #34
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
i'm gonna get it. i haven't heard much of it, but what i have heard, i like...plus i'm a completist.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.09.2006, 02:40 PM   #35
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
i'm buying it. maybe cd and vinyl
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.09.2006, 02:44 PM   #36
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnine
how many of you downloaded it?
i downloaded it the day it leaked.
me to, but i only listened to it one time to tease myself
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.09.2006, 03:33 PM   #37
RIPfrey05
the end of the ugly

RIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhuman
I bought it a few hours ago

I'd rather have that peice of paper that talks about AIDS wolf than that record.
http://www.myspace.com/thefloridaorangebirds
MY FUCKING BAND
RIPfrey05 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.09.2006, 03:33 PM   #38
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
I think Sonic Yoof needs an icepack for that burn.
Old 06.09.2006, 03:58 PM   #39
Dan
bad moon rising

Dan has tongues queuing up for a rim-festDan has tongues queuing up for a rim-festDan has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
Weird. I hear this record and I don't really see what's not to like about it if you enjoy Sonic Youth at all. Well, maybe I can see what's not to like, but I don't see what's to hate.
Dan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.09.2006, 04:47 PM   #40
The 97th Hammer
bad moon rising

The 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard sucka
Can't say that I've given the matter any thought. There are far too many items of semi-esoteric skrong (skronk, but with guitars) that I'd rather buy first.
The 97th Hammer is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth