Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Deerhoof
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.28.2009, 10:29 PM   #61
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I like everything they've done, really. They have their ups and downs. I dunno. They have still released the largest quantity of high quality music of almost any band in the past 10 years.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.28.2009, 10:33 PM   #62
Green Magnesium
100%

Green Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's asses
I really do like everything I've heard from them so far (well, at least from Reveille onward). I was only half-serious with my final comment.
Green Magnesium is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.29.2009, 12:24 AM   #63
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
Warning: pretty ripping live stuff on pitchfork.tv at the moment.
Old 01.29.2009, 12:36 AM   #64
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
i like deerhoof, i lost interest when i bought FO. i listened to it again a few days ago and realized what i didnt like about it. there were some great songs on it, but the really slow songs, while good, sounded terrible with her voice.
they attempted to fit in genres that not only didnt really work, but her voice really made them sound bad.

i like reville

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.29.2009, 08:37 AM   #65
Green Magnesium
100%

Green Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chairman of the bored
Warning: pretty ripping live stuff on pitchfork.tv at the moment.

Thanks for that! I never realized Pitchfork had a site like that.

And there's actually some pretty good stuff on it! (It's hideously organized though, ick)
Green Magnesium is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.29.2009, 08:46 AM   #66
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
nice vids , thx!
Old 01.29.2009, 10:52 AM   #67
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
haha...the recipe for their denny's meal is incredible!!!
"we take a fistful of french fries and punch it through a watermelon, then we flash fry it again and inject it with kiwi puree" or something along those lines...good stuff and two more ripping songs...looking forward to tomorrow's update.
Old 01.29.2009, 11:06 AM   #68
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Deerhoof is one of the largest influences on the music I play, as well as the way I look at and think about music.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth