Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page I'm sorry, but Sonic Youth are no longer my favourite artist
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.22.2008, 06:05 AM   #21
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka
Out of the regular posters, I think most wouldn't consider Sonic Youth their favourite band.
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.22.2008, 06:06 AM   #22
al shabbray

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark

WHY?! WHY?!!!!!!!

werner herzog WHAT THE HOLY FUCK?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.22.2008, 06:07 AM   #23
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Co-starring Xzibit.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.22.2008, 06:07 AM   #24
al shabbray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
oh i m not sure, i was clear..
i mean i dont post about the sonic youth music i dont like here, on the board.
i dont talk about music with people in real life. if i m asked, i always say they are my favourate group and that through them (and internets) i got to know many other bands and be happy on music field.
the disappointment started with murray str already, but as i have said many time in here, i m not sure how geniuine it has been, because since then i ve been _FINALLY_ exposed to many-many other bands and sounds and maybe i got more judgemental or strict? on them.

okay got it
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.22.2008, 06:10 AM   #25
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Hafler Trio and Boards of Canada are both purdy dern good. BoC bores me at times however.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.22.2008, 06:16 AM   #26
al shabbray

yes they got some not so good tracks, but their overall output is just that damn high qulitychecked that I wish they would let loose a little bit even if then theirs some more shit
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.22.2008, 06:17 AM   #27
al shabbray

Quote:
cool.

is that the kiss or the other one? <kiss one
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.22.2008, 06:18 AM   #28
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Hafler Trio and Boards of Canada are both purdy dern good. BoC bores me at times however.
I think that was the problem I had with Geogaddi, it got boring after a while. I'd usually end up flicking over to MHTRTC.
Old 08.22.2008, 06:20 AM   #29
al shabbray

other way round
but they can produce these kind of tracks that cant go boring. I think they are gifted like hell. producing some of the strangest/greatest melodies
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.22.2008, 06:30 AM   #30
al shabbray

yeah, thats what I wanted to hear!!!!
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.22.2008, 06:32 AM   #31
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by al shabbray
other way round
but they can produce these kind of tracks that cant go boring. I think they are gifted like hell. producing some of the strangest/greatest melodies
WRONG, UR WRONG and here's why:
1. Telephasic Workshop
2. Turquoise Hexagon Sun
3. Aquarius
4. Happy Cycling
5. Roygbiv

All classics.
Old 08.22.2008, 06:34 AM   #32
al shabbray

gyroscope
julie and candy
sunshine recorder
dawn chorus
devil is in the details

whats that if not classics?

as I said before, lets meet on the old tunes, they got the best of both

edit: happy cycling is only on the reissue
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.22.2008, 06:52 AM   #33
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by al shabbray
gyroscope
julie and candy
sunshine recorder
dawn chorus
devil is in the details

Bah. I only like Dawn Chorus, Julie and Candy and Sunshine Recorder. That's three.
Three<Five
Therefore
Geogaddi<MHTRTC

Seriously, MHTRTC is much more solid. Like, unskippably so.
Old 08.22.2008, 06:53 AM   #34
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
You all need to get a sonic life
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.22.2008, 06:54 AM   #35
al shabbray

I really think that depends of the tastes of the listener. I for myself dont really like aquarius. dunno why, I dont think its bad (like all BoC tracks) but for me its kinda cheesy.

and now we are on a 3 on 3 (as I mentioned happy cycling is no original mhtrtc track) dont wanna argue I am happy that here is another BoC addict, and warp addict in general
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.22.2008, 06:55 AM   #36
al shabbray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself
You all need to get a sonic life

you should replace the "you" with a "We"
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.22.2008, 06:55 AM   #37
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

Geogaddi just doesn't have the vibe to it that MHTRTC does, like, when you listen to the Music has the right it's like you're watching a 70's documentary on an old, crappy TV that keeps getting interference with some channel that's playing Hip-Hop without the lyrics. It's genius.

Geogaddi I see as more of a collection of songs (Some are very good, while some are filler and don't add much to the album).
Old 08.22.2008, 06:56 AM   #38
al shabbray

I totally agree with you on that mhtrtc vibe.
but for me geogaddi works as a whole. absolutely not as a collection of songs, its by far the one album by them I listened through from track 1 to 23 or something
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.22.2008, 07:06 AM   #39
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i ve been questioning the same, some years now, but i have decided they will remain my favourate band.
its so many years and they are loveble in multi ways for multi reasons.
also its due to them, i started looking around and having flirts, crushes, love affairs and lasting love relationships, so i have to love them more for that.
plus it breaks my heart when they do things i dont like and thats one reason im sealing my mouth about them. i speak only one time and then i shut up.

pretty much exactly the same
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.22.2008, 07:11 AM   #40
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
I love Sonic Youth but I loved them a lot more in their prime, 87 to 92 or so. They're hardly my favorite anymore but I still enjoy everything they've ever put their hand to.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth