Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Worst Fucking show you've been to and Why!!!???
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.21.2006, 11:03 AM   #1
RIPfrey05
the end of the ugly

RIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard sucka
hows about some good old bad show stories...
Ive only been to a Sonic youth show with the magik markers and the double leopards..which was awesome
and a Wolf eyes and Prurient show. which also kicked mad ass..
so im coming up empty.
http://www.myspace.com/thefloridaorangebirds
MY FUCKING BAND
RIPfrey05 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2006, 11:05 AM   #2
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
Hawkwind, my aunt took me, it was dreadful, even the audience were booing them.
they had this balet dancer on stage with them through the entire thing, it was very strange.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2006, 11:07 AM   #3
sonikold
children of satan

sonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's asses
had to sit through a 45 minute bullshit piano solo last weekend.... someone thought they were keith jarrett.

and of course i've had to sit through my share of shitty opening bands... but i've tried to block them from my memory.

sonikold is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2006, 11:14 AM   #4
RIPfrey05
the end of the ugly

RIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard sucka
oh god, nolt counting real indie bands , ive seen some horrible stuff.. like this retarded guy sing "i believe i can fly" that was the woprst, it was really sad.. i dont know i think he enjoyed it..i hope.
http://www.myspace.com/thefloridaorangebirds
MY FUCKING BAND
RIPfrey05 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2006, 11:15 AM   #5
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
I went and saw metric with a friend. It was quite a while ago when I used to like them. The spot was filled with 13 year olds and like seriously, it made you just want to punch them. They were swearing at me because I was standing in "their space", so I pushed the asshole one away. But yeah, it was a boring performance and the opening bands weren't good either.
Inhuman is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2006, 11:22 AM   #6
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
hawkwind used to be a badass band. but ballet dancer doesn't sound that good.

the three worst shows i've ever been so far are:
3) evanescence with seether. i thankfully got invited with all expenses paid, so it wasn't a waste of money. the crowd wasn't older than 16 years old; i think i don't need further explanation.

2) fobia, which are a crappy 80's pop rock band and they had a reunion show, way too fucking long, they played horrible music played horrible, thought they were really funny by doing coreographic dance moves and the whole crowd was constituted of dumb yuppie thirtysomethings.

1) the red hot chili peppers on the californication tour. they played for 70 minutes, a band which at that point had like 18 years of playing together and 7 albums or somewhere close to it. they stood dead still for 60 of those 70 minutes, with flea occasional doing his moronic dancing, john frusciante doing some freakout headbanging thing at some point and the drummer tossi his drumstick to the top of the arena and then catching it and keeping playing. they played all these filler songs from bloodsugar and californication nobody in the crowd knew and when everyone thought they would come out and do an encore and really bring their game, the place turns the lights on and the show was over. total ripoff!!! the band that opened the show was a nu metal band from puerto rico who played their set thru half of the house speakers fucking up the whole time and they STILL KICKED THE CHILI PEPPERS ASSES!! you know you are in trouble when you can't really hear a third rate opening band and still feel they played a better show than the headliner
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2006, 11:26 AM   #7
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Worst Show Ever = Coheed and Cambria

No explanation needed really. I went with friends because the Blood Brothers opened.
Old 04.21.2006, 11:29 AM   #8
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Talking about going to terrible shows, I'm going to "brand new" or some band like that pretty soon. My friend is going for his birthday, then we're getting drunk afterwards. He lives far away and we're good friends, so he really wants me to go. All I know is that I don't particularly like the band that's playing.
Inhuman is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2006, 11:50 AM   #9
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Can honestly say i've never been to real bad gig (not including local bands). Bad openers sure but I wasn't there to see them.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2006, 11:56 AM   #10
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Пятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's asses
It was just about a month ago, two AWFUL shows in two weeks.

One was a local radio sponsored show with white boy rappers who were TERRIBLE. It was quite funny actually, ah...but it was free.

The other was the strangest and most stupid show I've ever, or will ever go to. It was a mix of metal bands, and techo music. I was more or less tricked into going, my friend was the 'bouncer' and said it might be good. It was terrible, one of the sets the band did was such a mess, they looked like they had no idea what they were doing and the sound was very bad. So I just got really drunk to drown it out.
Пятхъдесят Шест is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2006, 11:57 AM   #11
doctor dan
bad moon rising

doctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's asses
ive been to my fare share of shitty gigs, but most of them were no name local bands with like 3 gigs worth of experience. the worst reasonably large band ive seen was the thrills at a festival. i dont mind them on record, as theyre quite therepeutic and relaxing, but live they tried to have some punky energy. it was atrocious and pissed me off royally.
Old 04.21.2006, 12:48 PM   #12
sonikold
children of satan

sonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's asses
my old band, which was basically just a bunch of people on stage making complete fools out of ourselves, opened for a "viking-metal" band which consisted of a bald white rapper, a dj and a nasty woman with see through pants dancing. at one point she was giving a lap dance to some other drunk bald white guy. terrible rap-metal with stupid death metal vocals. we totally upstaged them.

EDIT: check out the viking rap band's website- "the hottest underground rapper"... hahaha!

oh, and i went to warped tour a couple times, there were some godawful bands there: we booed sum 41 of the stage. they were crying like little girls, it was great.

sonikold is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2006, 01:02 PM   #13
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
i went to see MEGADETH with a few of my metal buddies, i dont like them at all but they had a spare ticket and dragged me alson, i was working in Dublin at the time and they were driving up from the country to meet me before the gig but i finished work early and went drinking on my own before they came, needless to say by the time i met them i was fuckin hammered. Went to the gig and was sooooo drunk i sat down against the back wall with my legs spread out before me all night causing a right scene..... cut to 2 years after and i'm after playing a gig with my band in a local town, i get talkin to all these metal heads at the gig, the topic comes round to megedeth and the gig they played when one of em says.."Yeah i was at that gig and halfways thru i was going to the toilet and i tripped over this fuckin idiot half lying on the ground, whacked me head and nearly sprained me ankle... Fuckin kids drunk at gigs..." ... "thats awful i said " knowing the person he was talking about was me...at this point i made my excuses and left. Close call when your looking into the eyes of a metalhead
Old 04.21.2006, 02:26 PM   #14
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
This is soooo easy. That Jimmies Chicken Shack Band. A college friend of mines neighbor is their manager and he got free tix. I told him that it was going to fucking suck, but we went anyway. God it was horrible. They played their "big song" and all these kids tried to start moshing or something and this one kid saw how disgusted I looked and was like "Come on!! Why aren't you moving! It's (and he named the name of the song)!" I was like "I've never heard it before and it sucks!" To make it worse, I wasn't 21 yet so I couldn't even get drunk.
Old 04.21.2006, 03:40 PM   #15
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
fishmonkey: when did you see megadeth?

because from videos i've seen, they were hot shit live from 1983 to roughly 1997; then they started to lose their energy (and bandmates)

i remember the worst opening bands at a great show. last december i went to see dillinger escape plan and they had this emoscreamo festival of opening bands, like 20 bands playing for 20 minutes a piece, each band shittier than the one before. then they brought a nu metal band from los angeles and they go "you sure know us!!! we were on mtv on the battle for ozzfest show!!!"...and after them some dumb emo band from canada i can't remember their name, but they have static on their name and it's a three words name (kinda like my chemical romance). all the kids were going crazy but they played the blandest music this side of bon jovi. AND THEY PLAYED A FULL SET, like an hour or something. halfway thru it, me and a friend went smack down in the middle of the "pit" (because it was the lamest moshpit i've ever seen), got close to the stage and when the singer dude sang in our direction, we gave them the finger and didn't put our hands down until the song was over. then we tried to throw coins onstage

but then, dillinger got onstage and DESTROYED EVERYTHING. one of the best bands i've seen live
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2006, 04:34 AM   #16
Gulasch Noir
the end of the ugly

Gulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's asses
Hawkwind are not so bad, but i don't know how they sound live today. Neither haven't been at a really bad show, but for sure there are shows I would have expected more

RTX - Feb 05
Mike Watt - Apr 05 (i guess it's just not my cup of tea, maybe I know too less from him)
Neil Young - July 01 (also really not bad. I think i just had not dived enough deeply into him)
Gulasch Noir is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2006, 04:59 AM   #17
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
fishmonkey: when did you see megadeth?

it was in Dublin 2001, i knew some of their songs from my mates but i'm not really a fan, dont get me wrong they were really good live but i was really drunk!
Old 04.22.2006, 09:45 AM   #18
laserbeard
empty page

laserbeard has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
in 2000 i saw Smashing Pumpkins play one of their very last North American shows and it was absolute garbage. they made it painfully obvious that they didn't want to be there and they played like shit. and they were headlining a daylong outdoor concert too. the audience was not amused.
laserbeard is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2006, 10:10 AM   #19
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
thousands of local bands that i have seen were terrible.

the town and the country spring to mind - they were supporting godspped and they went on and on and on and on. no one was really bothered and it was so dull.
jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2006, 10:10 AM   #20
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
My band have the dubious honour of playing a noise gig that was recieved by a few people as 'the worst thing they've ever seen' and by one chap 'the gig that changed his approach to music' (for the better I might add).

I've seen countless awful bands, to the point where I'm extremely picky about what I see live now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth