Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Fuck Beck and his stupid Scientologist ass
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.29.2008, 02:15 PM   #81
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
I had to write an essay on a passage from Ecclesiastes.

1:18
For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.

I think I got an 8 on that essay. Woot.
Old 07.29.2008, 02:16 PM   #82
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
i don't look at this for one day and we go from beck being a twat to talking crazy about the bible?
god damnit.
Old 07.29.2008, 02:18 PM   #83
vegans4veal

if the bible is good enough for david mother fuckin' tibet, it's good enough for you. although maybe the heroic doses of substances i presume he consumes helps with his enjoyment of the book.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2008, 02:21 PM   #84
vegans4veal

to go back to the original subject(s), beck is like a musicial quinten tarintino. i respect him for attempting to incorporate ideas from things lesser known to the public, but i'd rather just listen to/ watch the originals as they are done much better.

also, scientology isn't even a cool cult like anton lavey's church of satanism.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2008, 02:21 PM   #85
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
although i was technically raised catholic (what a joke, i've been in a church twice in my life and once was for a school trip), i have no religious beliefs. i don't think. i don't really even consider the idea of god or heaven and hell or the devil or whatever, it just doesn't even occur to me. like, i wouldn't even call myself an atheist, even though i used to because i didn't know what else to say.
Old 07.29.2008, 02:25 PM   #86
vegans4veal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
although i was technically raised catholic (what a joke, i've been in a church twice in my life and once was for a school trip), i have no religious beliefs. i don't think. i don't really even consider the idea of god or heaven and hell or the devil or whatever, it just doesn't even occur to me. like, i wouldn't even call myself an atheist, even though i used to because i didn't know what else to say.

yep same, my mum's catholic and my dad was raised one but has no interest in religion or god whatsoever. i take after my father in that i don't believe in god, but i do have an interest in spirituality and mysticism of all religions, even though its most likely all bullshit.

i've been to church sooo many times.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2008, 02:28 PM   #87
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegans4veal
yep same, my mum's catholic and my dad was raised one but has no interest in religion or god whatsoever. i take after my father in that i don't believe in god, but i do have an interest in spirituality and mysticism of all religions, even though its most likely all bullshit.

i've been to church sooo many times.

i think i just don't care. really, there's no point in worrying about what happens after you die. i'm much more interested in what's happening while i'm alive, and i guess i'll find out what happens when you die WHEN i actually die. and you know, if there is a god or jesus or whatever i'm sure he's a cool dude and can see that i'm not a bad person and isn't going to send me to hell, but really if hell exists and i end up there, so what. i've had a good run so far.
Old 07.29.2008, 02:30 PM   #88
vegans4veal

yeah, that goes with what you said before, so you're pretty much an apatheist.

the ideas of heaven and hell are so flawed anyway...*

i mean if heaven did exist which it almost definetely doesn't i wouldn't want to go there anyway. 'eternal life/joy/happiness/love' is an oxymoron, eventually things have to go wrong, and without death you are completely meaningless.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2008, 02:32 PM   #89
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
My parents were raised Seventh Day Advenists. AAAAH!

I haven't been to a church since...2nd grade. And those memories may even be made up, hahahaha.
Old 07.29.2008, 02:34 PM   #90
terriblecanyons
invito al cielo

Location: the land where large fuzzy dice still hang proudly like testicles from rear-view mirrors
terriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
yeah, he's been one since he was a child or something. Says his father has been one for 35 years. So, he's not a recent convert.

Fuck. FIRST TOM CRUISE NOW THIS?!
Fuck you, L Ron Hubbard, you saucy little bitch.
terriblecanyons is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2008, 02:57 PM   #91
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
Yes it is true Beck is a Scientologist and yes it is true his music has been bland and lame ever since. But it's stupid to think Scientology is dumber than any other religion. Aliens came to our planet in DC8 jets and dumped all earths creatures into volcanoes after freezing them - Vs - A man who could walk on water and turn it to wine and was ressurected from the dead the day after his crucifixion. Both sound equally dumb to me
EyeballGrowth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2008, 03:09 PM   #92
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Jssus' "miracles" were added by later christians (the early church) to make him fit into the prophecy line of King David and shit.
what jesus said, never ever came close to the bullshit spewed by the scientologists.

these are some of Jesus' words

3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

no matter my atheism, Xenu and scientology do not have anything even close to THAT!

Old 07.29.2008, 03:10 PM   #93
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
notice number 11, it seems to speak of a time when he knew his words woudl be turned against their true meaning and used to enslave and oppress the people.
Old 07.29.2008, 03:29 PM   #94
mil_pl
expwy. to yr skull

mil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's asses
I just don't care, I like his music, and this is enough for me. every religion is stupid, it just depends on point of view.

mil_pl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2008, 05:25 PM   #95
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Jssus' "miracles" were added by later christians (the early church) to make him fit into the prophecy line of King David and shit.
what jesus said, never ever came close to the bullshit spewed by the scientologists.

these are some of Jesus' words

3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

no matter my atheism, Xenu and scientology do not have anything even close to THAT!

while l ron hubbard said something around thelines of i"enemies may be deprived of property or injured by any means..may be tricked, sued or destroyed"
i'll take jesus (not christianity) any day

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2008, 06:25 PM   #96
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Religion = major league assery.
Ditto politics
The only thing that counts is to care for each other whilst we're here on this rotten planet. All else is conjecture and supposition.
Old 07.29.2008, 06:38 PM   #97
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
+10 points to Rob for managing to successfully troll fans of both Beck and Jesus simultaneously.

it's tactical genius.

floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2008, 06:43 PM   #98
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
^^Berlin-watchers: "Tip" is a great listings magazine. Anything from checking out the latest Neubauten gig, to finding that bar which only sells garlic beer. Berlin for the Win!
Old 07.29.2008, 06:54 PM   #99
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
quantum telemetry suggested the google image search "subgenius" that led to "dobbshead".

I rolled with.

right now, I am shrugging in....(how do you say in englaze?)....real life.

besides, who wants to watch a bunch of donuts?

[edit for spasmolytic response]
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2008, 06:57 PM   #100
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

Me! *subscribes to the Krispy Kreme racing channel*
*Loses flat on the Glazed Cherry bet*

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth