Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Bootleggers Beware
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.13.2007, 02:27 PM   #61
ThePits
stalker

ThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
What are the other things?

Intellectual property protection, conventional security for gigs, and a smaller company that designs and builds front of stage barriers for tours

We cover on average around 250 shows per year
ThePits is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2007, 02:29 PM   #62
ThePits
stalker

ThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
perhaps thats because i dont need security. if i book a gig or tour i do it myself.

tour security sounds like the most ridiculous thing in the world.

Yes so ridiculous its made myself and many others a good living for so many years

Because you dont need security it doesnt mean others dont
Old 08.13.2007, 02:30 PM   #63
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses

are you like saxondale?

apart from the security barriers it sounds like you made all those others up.

you should come to a lot of the gigs i go to, people put mini discs and mic's infront of the stage to record it. or go to the p.a and record there. no one minds.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2007, 02:34 PM   #64
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePits
Spoken only like the truly ignorant can attempt to articulate

I have never done "ego" security for anyone, only for people who were at risk

You are an expert on whether people need security or not how?

And if you dont like what I have to say, or others, dont read it

Oh sorry you dont get attention that way do you
In yr own words... Spoken only like the truly ignorant can attempt to articulate... So yr saying arguing valid points is ignorant? Surely!
Quote:
Intellectual property protection, conventional security for gigs, and a smaller company that designs and builds front of stage barriers for tours

Ok, Disney.

But really, Pits, how does it feel to leech off the music-loving community? Do you get off on ruining the enjoyability and fun atmosphere of live shows? When you steal some dudes recordings of a show claiming it for the benefit of music, does it make mama proud?

What fuels you? What motivates you to think that music is solely about money?

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2007, 02:37 PM   #65
ThePits
stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-krack
In yr own words... Spoken only like the truly ignorant can attempt to articulate... So yr saying arguing valid points is ignorant? Surely!

Ok, Disney.

You had a valid point?

Where?

Telling people to shut up is a valid point?

Silly me I must have missed that one

Isnt it past your bedtime little boy?
Old 08.13.2007, 02:39 PM   #66
sarramkrop

Quote:

I can see where you're coming from by the sound of what you do, even though I totally don't understand why the majority of bands that would pay someone to defend their intellectual property, have nothing or very little to protect in the first place. Still, it is a legitimate profession in that it exists. It would be a slightly better world if it didn't, but it does exist as a matter of fact. What sort of bands do you work for, if talking about them on an internet messageboard doesn't violate professional discretion?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2007, 02:40 PM   #67
ThePits
stalker

Quote:

are you like saxondale?

apart from the security barriers it sounds like you made all those others up.

you should come to a lot of the gigs i go to, people put mini discs and mic's infront of the stage to record it. or go to the p.a and record there. no one minds.

Sorry, I care what you believe because?

And noone minds in pub gigs what people do

The sort of gigs I work they have a front of house desk where you can run a line from not a p.a.
Old 08.13.2007, 02:42 PM   #68
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
You had a valid point?

Where?

Telling people to shut up is a valid point?

Silly me I must have missed that one

Isnt it past your bedtime little boy?

Err... 3:38PM? Actually, I should be getting ready for work at the moment... so... I guess that kind of counter-acts yr retarded point of "Isn't it past your bedtime little boy?"

I don't mean to brag, but it looks to me like now that you've turned, like so many others, to the "age argument" since you realize I, perhaps younger than you, have better points and agruments. I'll say it one last time, then, just to spite you.
Shut up.

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
Old 08.13.2007, 02:44 PM   #69
k-krack
invito al cielo

Quote:
I can see where you're coming from by the sound of what you do, even though I totally don't understand why the majority of bands that would pay someone to defend their intellectual property, have nothing or very little to protect in the first place. Still, it is a legitimate profession in that it exists. It would be a slightly better world if it didn't, but it does exist as a matter of fact. What sort of bands do you work for, if talking about them on an internet messageboard doesn't violate professional discretion?
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to sarramkrop again.

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
Old 08.13.2007, 02:52 PM   #70
ThePits
stalker

Quote:

Naming clients isnt a breach of confidentiality as its common knowledge who I work for in the industry, the current Prince tour, Arctic Monkeys, Rolling Stones, Kaiser Chiefs, Genesis, Police, Feeder, Ash, Kasabian, Hard-fi, Silverchair The Reading and Leeds Festivals, T in the Park, The Isle of Wight Festival, Global Gathering. Thats some of this years stuff

I agree with with you on the comment it would be a better if this profession was unnecessary
Old 08.13.2007, 02:54 PM   #71
k-krack
invito al cielo

Quote:
Naming clients isnt a breach of confidentiality as its common knowledge who I work for in the industry, the current Prince tour, Arctic Monkeys, Rolling Stones, Kaiser Chiefs, Genesis, Police, Feeder, Ash, Kasabian, Hard-fi, Silverchair The Reading and Leeds Festivals, T in the Park, The Isle of Wight Festival, Global Gathering. Thats some of this years stuff

I agree with with you on the comment it would be a better if this profession was unnecessary

It is unnecessary, pal.

And the "clients" mentioned give much insight into yr stupid corporate, money-grubbing views.

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
Old 08.13.2007, 02:56 PM   #72
ThePits
stalker

Quote:
Err... 3:38PM? Actually, I should be getting ready for work at the moment... so... I guess that kind of counter-acts yr retarded point of "Isn't it past your bedtime little boy?"

I don't mean to brag, but it looks to me like now that you've turned, like so many others, to the "age argument" since you realize I, perhaps younger than you, have better points and agruments. I'll say it one last time, then, just to spite you.
Shut up.

When I see a valid point from you I'll answer it

I saw a load of incomprehensible ranting

A bit like a child stamping his/her/its feet in pique

And of course, when faced with points you couldnt answer, the usual childish "shut up"
Old 08.13.2007, 02:58 PM   #73
ThePits
stalker

Quote:
It is unnecessary, pal.

And the "clients" mentioned give much insight into yr stupid corporate, money-grubbing views.

I'll ask you again, you became an expert in security when?

Your qualifications are?

And a whole industry exists globally but its unecessary and you are the great illuminati who has worked this out?

Hahahahahaha
Old 08.13.2007, 03:02 PM   #74
k-krack
invito al cielo

It doesn't take "qualifications" to understand that music does not need some meathead jock "protecting" "artists". Intellectual property is bullshit, when taken to such absurd levels. You clearly seem to think that since you work, yr job is justified and for the better.
What about the SS?

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
Old 08.13.2007, 03:03 PM   #75
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Sorry, I care what you believe because?

And noone minds in pub gigs what people do

The sort of gigs I work they have a front of house desk where you can run a line from not a p.a.

oh dear oh dear.

sorry that pub gigs are not real enough for you, i suppose its only real when you have to stand in a room with thousands and get a diluted sense of the music with a big box covered in colourful buttons somewhere running the show.

the more you say the more silly it sounds. please continue.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2007, 03:05 PM   #76
ThePits
stalker

Quote:
It doesn't take "qualifications" to understand that music does not need some meathead jock "protecting" "artists". Intellectual property is bullshit, when taken to such absurd levels. You clearly seem to think that since you work, yr job is justified and for the better.
What about the SS?

Hmm so stalkers dont exist and organised professional criminal gangs dont rob the music industry blind?

I better go tell the rest of the industry that its all a lie and we can all go home

Thanks
Old 08.13.2007, 03:06 PM   #77
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
does truncy know about whitney houston??

don't let them rile you Pits.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2007, 03:09 PM   #78
ThePits
stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
does truncy know about whitney houston??

don't let them rile you Pits.

They dont rile me, its mildly amusing

Thank fek I didnt tell them about the audience with Bill Clinton we are covering in the morning!

Spoke to truncated, she is alive and well and for another bag of fifties will make a guest appearance
Old 08.13.2007, 03:16 PM   #79
ThePits
stalker

Quote:
oh dear oh dear.

sorry that pub gigs are not real enough for you, i suppose its only real when you have to stand in a room with thousands and get a diluted sense of the music with a big box covered in colourful buttons somewhere.

the more you say the more silly it sounds. please continue.

What sounds silly is a "musician" who doesnt know what tour or personal security is and doesnt know you take a live feed off of a front of house desk not the p.a.

By the way, they even have front of house desks in pub gigs

Carry on
Old 08.13.2007, 03:16 PM   #80
sarramkrop

Quote:

Oh, I get you. They're pretty much bands that you'd think would be precious about the whole intellectual property thing, simply by the very nature of how they deal with the music business. There was an interesting article on the whole attitude that the music industry has towards mp3 blogs on one of those free newspapers that litter the streets of London every day (surprising, considering the amount of dull celebrity pap that these rags contain). It goes on to try and explain the ambivalent attitude that said record companies have towars the bloggers, the unspoken act of sending these people music from new bands in the hope that an internet buzz takes place, even though the law forbids the uploading of copyrighted material on this or other promotional tools. It's all a bit fucked up, but then the industry is still getiing its head around the whole myspace/ digital distribution of music thing, so it's safe to say that they haven't got too much of a clue about what's going on or what will take place.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth