Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Sonic Youth Recordings contact
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.06.2017, 10:46 AM   #1
dr.deestroyer
empty page

dr.deestroyer has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Does anyone here have the contact of Sonic Youth Recordings record label? The one that released Anagrama album specifically. I wanted to ask for permission to use their song but can't find any contact numbers on the internet and I think their albums are no longer available in my country. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you
dr.deestroyer is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.06.2017, 01:49 PM   #2
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
SYR
PO BOX 6179
Hoboken
New Jersey

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.06.2017, 02:01 PM   #3
PLips
Banned

PLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's asses
Hoboken!

Oooooooooohhhhh I'm dyyyyyyyyyin' again!!!!!
PLips is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.06.2017, 05:12 PM   #4
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I once used "Anagrama" to soundtrack an artsy little short film I made that was essentially just walking down the street in Seattle and Portland, from a first person pov. Didn't sell it or do fuckall with it so I didn't ask for permission. Still made an excellent soundtrack to strolling through the city. When the chord chimes around minute 2 after the intro, I switched to night footage and sped it up. It was actually kind of cool.

Anagrama was brand new at the time so obviously the medium had changed a lot since then. No idea where the video is. Not sure why I even mention it really.

Good times though.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.06.2017, 05:45 PM   #5
dr.deestroyer
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
SYR
PO BOX 6179
Hoboken
New Jersey

Nice! thanks for the info
It's unfortunate they don't have email address or phone number
Old 02.06.2017, 05:49 PM   #6
dr.deestroyer
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I once used "Anagrama" to soundtrack an artsy little short film I made that was essentially just walking down the street in Seattle and Portland, from a first person pov. Didn't sell it or do fuckall with it so I didn't ask for permission. Still made an excellent soundtrack to strolling through the city. When the chord chimes around minute 2 after the intro, I switched to night footage and sped it up. It was actually kind of cool.

Anagrama was brand new at the time so obviously the medium had changed a lot since then. No idea where the video is. Not sure why I even mention it really.

Good times though.

I know right! it's a pretty atmospheric piece.
It's okay. I like it when someone shares a personal experience involving something we have in common.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth