Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page diskaholics.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.22.2006, 02:56 AM   #1
hiland
children of satan

hiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asses
two new diskaholics releases in a matter of a cou-ple of weeks and very little talk about them......would like to hear a little more.....
hiland is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.22.2006, 03:13 AM   #2
waltercarson
little trouble girl

waltercarson kicks all y'all's asseswaltercarson kicks all y'all's asseswaltercarson kicks all y'all's asseswaltercarson kicks all y'all's asseswaltercarson kicks all y'all's asseswaltercarson kicks all y'all's asseswaltercarson kicks all y'all's asseswaltercarson kicks all y'all's asseswaltercarson kicks all y'all's asseswaltercarson kicks all y'all's asseswaltercarson kicks all y'all's asses
i don't have "weapons of ass destruction" yet, but i'm nuts about the Load LP. it' s very dynamic, and each listen reveals things i'd never noticed before - a killer.
cheers, wc
waltercarson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.22.2006, 09:28 AM   #3
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
agreed about the Load LP... it is more focused than the typical side project improv scree.... it is dynamic and also has some harsh tones.... i got the first DAT CD at the same time as the Load one and I must say the Load one is better.... the cover art is delightful as well
whorefrost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.22.2006, 09:33 AM   #4
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
I keep hearing about how good the Load one is... I have 'Ass Destruction' which I like very much.
I think I need to make more of an effort to get the other one!.

toxic johnny is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.22.2006, 09:47 AM   #5
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
ass destruction out is it? vinyl?
Old 03.22.2006, 09:51 AM   #6
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
Not out on vinyl yet as far as I know...
I got the CD a couple of weeks ago.

Old 03.22.2006, 09:54 AM   #7
whorefrost
invito al cielo

cool... i'm out of touch with release dates these days... which is cool when i wander into my local store and stumble across shit like 4 guitars and celestial answer...
Old 03.22.2006, 09:57 AM   #8
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

They're on my list... along with everything else!.

Old 03.22.2006, 12:23 PM   #9
hiland
children of satan

hiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asseshiland kicks all y'all's asses
ive seen the vinyl versions of both in los angeles.... i recall one was supposed to have a different mix...was that on weapons?
hiland is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.23.2006, 02:05 PM   #10
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
From the Smalltown Supersound website, the label that released "Weapons of Ass Destruction".
http://www.smalltownsupersound.com/v...jazzz/news.php

vinyl is out NOW! limted ed. to 1000 w/ different artwork...
03.02.2006DISKAHOLICS ANONYMOUS: LIMITED EDITION LP READY!
We have got many questions about this limited edtion vinyl version of "Weapons Of Ass Destruction". It is now ready and you can order it from our Superstore (under merchandise). The vinyl is pressed in 1000 copies and will not be repressed, so you need to be fast to get it. Also note that the artwork is a little different than from the CD, and the artwork is brilliantly done by Kim Hiorthøy. We highly recommend this beautiful vinyl edition.

03.02.2006DISKAHOLICS ANONYMOUS: NICE PITCHFORK REVIEW
Pitchfork has a nice 7,2 review of Diskaholics Anonymous`s "Weapons Of Ass Destruction". You can read the whole review here.. The album is released on CD and limited edition vinyl. DA Trio are Thurston Moore, Mats Gustafsson and Jim O`Rourke. Check it out!

02.22.2006DISKAHOLICS ANONYMOUS AT BOOMCAT
You can buy the album now at Boomcat, go here. With a set of puns that would have even
The Sun blushing, Diskaholics Anonymous' new album 'Weapons Of Ass Destruction' (quiet at the back!) sees the leftfield super-group of Thurston Moore, Jim O'Rouke and Mats Gustafsson reforming for some
avant/jazz/improv/punk/noise/kitchen-sink buisness. Ear-plugs, as ever, are optional... Comprised of two XXXtended tracks, the handily titled 'Weapons Of Ass Destruction Part 1 & 2' revel in their free-wheeling jazz roots; with Sweden's Gustafsson belligerently leading the charge like Albert Ayler on a Punk Rock sugar-rush. As Thurston's guitars slam you against the wall (think Sonic Youth circa 'Confusion Is Sex/Bad Moon Rising') and O'Rouke's laptop slices through the bellicose aural fog, it all gets rather emotional - engendering images of epic skylines and scarred skies. Certainly not for the faint-hearted, 'Weapons Of Ass Destruction' (it somehow gets unfunnier the more you hear it...) is the kind of fiercly experimental music that is always admirable, but not always an easy listen. But if you wanted that, you'd be buying James Blunt. Insert your own pun here...

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth