Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page what are you listening to?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.06.2017, 08:43 PM   #48901
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
Thanks. I like this album a lot tho. Haha.

They really are one of my favorite bands, shrug.

I like Nine Inch Nails. Not so much that I don't know their shit work is shit. They were one of my favorite bands when I was growing up. Taken a lot of shit for that over the years.

More power to ya.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.06.2017, 09:12 PM   #48902
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah I get that. I can't defend Make Believe or Hurley. But I like this album.
Old 07.07.2017, 01:31 PM   #48903
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
KING OF SORROW - Bow to My Wrath

fucking awesome. I ordered the colored vinyl and got a free download and it is so amazing and heavy and fresh. Fucking cool shit Shentov.

Baby Dayliner - You Push I'll Go EP

Baby Dayliner is back! Another hit baby!
fucking amazing personal and intelligent one-man pop music.
Old 07.07.2017, 02:30 PM   #48904
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
KING OF SORROW - Bow to My Wrath

fucking awesome. I ordered the colored vinyl and got a free download and it is so amazing and heavy and fresh. Fucking cool shit Shentov.

Baby Dayliner - You Push I'll Go EP

Baby Dayliner is back! Another hit baby!
personal and intelligent.
Rob do something about the quoted bit. Please. I don't want top take you off my friends on FB. Ok?
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.11.2017, 03:48 PM   #48905
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
hahahaha
Old 07.11.2017, 09:58 PM   #48906
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.17.2017, 09:40 PM   #48907
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
still trying desperately to find a pressed CD bootleg of Smashing Pumpkins Machina II: The Friends And Enemies Of Modern Music. I know most of you think this endeavor is lame, but if anyone can help me out (and you'll prob have better luck than me if you're in Europe maybe?) it would mean a lot.

On that note, been listening to lots of stuff but no time to really post this week. Been heavy on the Zwan album.
Old 07.18.2017, 05:12 AM   #48908
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
I received 3-month Spotify premium license as a gift the other day, and I kind of fell in love with this service recently. It's much fun to put out a Release radar in a car and listen to some new tunes based on my music tastes and shit.

(no, this is not a paid advertisement)

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.18.2017, 11:03 AM   #48909
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
still trying desperately to find a pressed CD bootleg of Smashing Pumpkins Machina II: The Friends And Enemies Of Modern Music. I know most of you think this endeavor is lame, but if anyone can help me out (and you'll prob have better luck than me if you're in Europe maybe?) it would mean a lot.

On that note, been listening to lots of stuff but no time to really post this week. Been heavy on the Zwan album.

I would help if I could my brother.

Zwan though? You're killing me!
Old 07.18.2017, 11:07 AM   #48910
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rocked Satisfact's The Unwanted Sounds of Satisfact while doing dishes.
Old 07.18.2017, 11:12 AM   #48911
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
I received 3-month Spotify premium license as a gift the other day, and I kind of fell in love with this service recently. It's much fun to put out a Release radar in a car and listen to some new tunes based on my music tastes and shit.

(no, this is not a paid advertisement)

Yeah, it's useful and nice but they fuck content creators up the ass pretty badly.
Only slightly less artist raping than YouTube/google, which I'm considering boycotting in light of a recent article I read about the way artists are treated by this behemoth. No deals, often no money at all for new artists, pennies for established indie artists with a following. And Google says it can't perfectly police this kind of thing, but it absolutely can, and has done. Google owns the content policing companies, so they make $$ off the threat of pirated material being online. They can get rid of everything and monitor YouTube with surgical precision, but then they wouldn't be able to maintain these massive profit margins their investors are seeing. Google is maxed out financially, making so much that main investors are set for several lifetimes. In order to acquire new investors and inspire new spending and ad sales, they need the threat of piracy to be real. They control every element of the equation, meaning they control the market, meaning they're a monopoly to everyone but the US Congress.

Ranting, but boy does that shit cheese me off.

Anyone who thinks Apple is bad (which of course it is) should research the way google does things. The destruction of Net neutrality will make them all fucking powerful, and guess what? They'll STILL make shit products.

Hey did you ever get a recording of that show you did?
Old 07.18.2017, 11:14 AM   #48912
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Zwan was awesome, guy.
Old 07.18.2017, 12:00 PM   #48913
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Zwan was awesome, guy.

Nine Inch Nails!
Old 07.18.2017, 12:23 PM   #48914
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Lol
Old 07.18.2017, 01:01 PM   #48915
Severian
invito al cielo

Actually NIN just released a new single and I haven't heard it. So... *plug* that's what I'm listening to now.
Old 07.18.2017, 01:05 PM   #48916
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Actually NIN just released a new single and I haven't heard it. So... *plug* that's what I'm listening to now.

Sounds like Nine Inch Nails, only the Ninch Inch Nails that's been around since about 2004 — just a bit over cluttered with words, not enough room to let the sounds breathe.

Power chord chorus and dance beat. Words just fucking nonstop. Cool sounds but no room to breathe.

ETA: Ok, there's some room at the bridge, but it sounds like a bridge. Very conventionally structured... AKA not the NIN I fell in love with
Old 07.20.2017, 08:45 AM   #48917
noisereductions
invito al cielo

2003, What a weird and awesome time this was. So The Smashing Pumpkins release their final album, Machina II free to fans and then abruptly implode. Billy immediately forms a new supergroup with Matt Sweeney (Chavez), David Pajo (Slint), Paz Lenchantin (A Perfect Circle), and retains Jimmy Chamberlin. If you fast forward a few years then you'll realize that ultimately this could have been any other post-Machina II SP album, right? So could Billy's solo LP. All the later "band" albums are just Billy - and sometimes Jimmy! But perhaps the new band name was out of respect for new celebrity bandmates. At any rate, Zwan was definitely a big inspirational shot in the arm for Billy at the time, and much of this album feels like it could have been happily at home on Gish, Siamese Dream or Mellon Collie. Lead single "Honestly" is a good example with its bright uplifting tone. Don't get me wrong, I was a big fan of the Adore/Machina era - but this is great change of pace. Then there's the sprawling epic "Jesus, I." My absolute favorite song here is "Yeah!" - weak title aside, it feels like it takes the best parts of SP's radio friendly arena rock, jangly shoegaze aspirations and snarky cynicism and snowballs it all into "what I want you can't fucking kill." It's just great. It's unfortunate that Zwan was so short lived; and even more unfortunate that so much material remains shelved: they were already working on an acoustic album under their Djali Zwan pseudonym before this one was even released (see the bonus DVD included in deluxe editions for previews) and also recorded a bunch of material for the officially soundtrack-less movie Spun. But after one album Zwan would breakup, Billy would record a solo album (with Jimmy) and then relaunch the SP name (with Jimmy). Seriously, just a weird and awesome time.
Old 07.20.2017, 10:08 AM   #48918
Severian
invito al cielo

At the time that album was released, I was pretty sure there would never be an album that received worse reviews. But it looks like it actually got fairly good reviews from the big mags, so I'm not sure where I got all that at the time. Still not my thing — never my thing.
Old 07.20.2017, 10:17 AM   #48919
noisereductions
invito al cielo

I would have actually thought that Zwan would be more appealing to those that dislike latter day SP. Shrug.
Old 07.20.2017, 01:36 PM   #48920
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Trying to listen to Linkin Park. Out of respect. Can't. Good god, they suck.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
1946234623962436244324442445 2446 244724482449245624962546 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth