Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page ATP Nighmare before xmas - Fans restricted to 1 show only?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.02.2006, 08:31 PM   #1
RoadkillKid
little trouble girl

RoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's asses
Apparently (and this hasn't been confirmed yet to my knowledge) the following info has been mailed out to people who bought their ATP tix from 'We got tickets":

"IGGY AND THE STOOGES / SONIC YOUTH PERFORMANCES
SONIC YOUTH AND IGGY & THE STOOGES WILL BE PERFORMING TWO PERFORMANCES EACH OVER THE WEEKEND
IF YOU HAVE A WHITE TICKET WITH TICKET NUMBERS BETWEEN 0001-2900 YOU WILL BE GIVEN A WRISTBAND THAT WILL INVITE YOU TO ATTEND THE PERFORMANCE OF SONIC YOUTH AND IGGY & STOOGES ON FRIDAY 8TH DECEMBER 2006 ONLY.
IF YOU HAVE A RED TICKET WITH TICKETS NUMBERS BETWEEN 3101 – 6000 YOU WILL BE GIVEN A WRISTBAND THAT WILL INVITE YOU TO ATTEND THE PERFORMANCE OF SONIC YOUTH ON SATURDAY 9TH DECEMBER AND IGGY & THE STOOGES ON SUNDAY 10TH DECEMBER 2006 ONLY.
FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO PURCHASED TICKETS THAT WILL BE HELD AT THE SITE FOR COLLECTION FROM EITHER SEE TICKETS, OR FROM WE GOT TICKETS OR STARGREEN BOX OFFICE YOU WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY ALLOCATED A WRISTBAND THAT WILL INVITE YOU TO ATTEND THE PERFORMANCES OF SONIC YOUTH ON SATURDAY 9TH DECEMBER AND IGGY & THE STOOGES ON SUNDAY 10TH DECEMBER ONLY.
VENUES WILL BE CLEARED COMPLETELY PRIOR TO THESE PERFORMANCES SO PLEASE WORK WITH US ON THIS PROCESS.
WE ADVISE THAT YOU ARRIVE AT THE VENUES 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO EACH PERFORMANCE TO AVOID DISSAPOINTMENT.
IF YOU HAVE A ‘GENIUNE’ REASON WHY YOU CANNOT ATTEND THE PEFORMANCES YOU HAVE BEEN INVITED TO PLEASE CONTACT US BY NOVEMBER 1ST 2006 AND WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO SWAP TO THE ALTERNATIVE SHOWS."

I can't find this info anywhere on the ATP site, or on this board. Has anyone heard the same thing somewhere?

rkk
RoadkillKid is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.02.2006, 08:46 PM   #2
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
yes, it's true...

i'm guessing SY and the stooges will overlap with different bands each time? if that's the case then it really sucks that you can't decide which band you'd want to skip to see sonic youth or the stooges.

it seems a bit lame to sell 6,000 tickets when the biggest hall only holds 3,000. that's not looking good for the smaller stages... but let's just trust that they know what they're doing i suppose.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.02.2006, 09:05 PM   #3
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Man, this is starting to sound worse the more I think about it.

I'd be really fucking pissed if the Stooges clash with the Dead C or Bardo Pond when I can see them and then the other time I'd be left to watch Awesome Color or DKT MC5 or whatever band I'm not interested in.

Or when Sonic Youth would play Shaking Hell and World Looks Red in the set I'm not allowed to see, but not in mine.
Old 10.02.2006, 10:22 PM   #4
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
*takes deep breath*

this will all work out fine in the end...this will all work out fine in the end...
this will all work out fine in the end...
jennthebenn is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.03.2006, 12:38 AM   #5
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
that is some seriously troubling shit. and i'm not even going!
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.03.2006, 01:29 AM   #6
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
why did i pay for this shit
Old 10.03.2006, 02:30 AM   #7
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
This shit is only for Sonic Youth and The Stooges right? They're not doing any weird stuff for the other bands are they? As long as it's only sy and the stooges I think it'll be tolerable.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.03.2006, 02:34 AM   #8
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
Well I'm a trusting idealistic soul and I think that it's all going to work out... nobody is going to miss anything...

toxic johnny is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.03.2006, 02:42 AM   #9
Katy
the destroyed room

Katy kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah. Looks like all those hardcore Iggy fans who bought tickets just to see The Stooges twice are gonna be pissed.

Or maybe they won't be. Who knows! Maybe they'll happily watch other bands play while Iggy is on stage a few hundred yards away.............................

Also, this "arrive 30 minutes before to avoid disappointment" sounds an awful lot like some people are gonna be spending most of the weekend waiting in lines.
Katy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.03.2006, 02:44 AM   #10
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
Or when Sonic Youth would play Shaking Hell and World Looks Red in the set I'm not allowed to see, but not in mine.

This is the only thing that would piss me off...

toxic johnny is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.03.2006, 04:04 AM   #11
Thomas Moronic
bad moon rising

Thomas Moronic kicks all y'all's assesThomas Moronic kicks all y'all's assesThomas Moronic kicks all y'all's assesThomas Moronic kicks all y'all's assesThomas Moronic kicks all y'all's assesThomas Moronic kicks all y'all's assesThomas Moronic kicks all y'all's assesThomas Moronic kicks all y'all's assesThomas Moronic kicks all y'all's assesThomas Moronic kicks all y'all's assesThomas Moronic kicks all y'all's asses
Why book somewhere if the rooms there weren't able to hold everyone? Grrrr...
Thomas Moronic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.03.2006, 04:18 AM   #12
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Oh well, I'm sure it'll still be a bloody brilliant weekend. I'm looking forward to it even if I do only get to see SY once.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.03.2006, 05:28 AM   #13
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

Seeing SY and the Stooges once is enough for me. There are way too many other good bands playing anyway... but it just wouldn't seem right if they clash with different bands each time.
Old 10.03.2006, 05:39 AM   #14
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katy
Yeah. Looks like all those hardcore Iggy fans who bought tickets just to see The Stooges twice are gonna be pissed.

Or maybe they won't be. Who knows! Maybe they'll happily watch other bands play while Iggy is on stage a few hundred yards away.............................

Also, this "arrive 30 minutes before to avoid disappointment" sounds an awful lot like some people are gonna be spending most of the weekend waiting in lines.

i'm sure there will be some hardcore SY fans intent on seeing SY twice... some wristband swapping may occur, non?
Old 10.03.2006, 07:45 AM   #15
Katy
the destroyed room

Katy kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by whorefrost
i'm sure there will be some hardcore SY fans intent on seeing SY twice... some wristband swapping may occur, non?

I would very much imagine so, yes.
Katy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.03.2006, 11:50 AM   #16
RoadkillKid
little trouble girl

RoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's asses
Up until a month ago, I only thought SY were playing once anyways. I'll take the glass half full approach to this, and I still think this festival will live long in the memory of all who attend. Think of all the '1st night vs 2nd night'' banter that will be had on this board alone. My guess is the sets will be pretty much identical (bar maybe one or two tracks and song order).

And all this "Why did I even bother?" talk is easily answered: You bothered because Thurston Moore is curating this unique event and on top of seeing SY in a rare European live performance this year, there's a whole heap of other interesting and exciting performers to thrill and entertain you over the weekend.

And the girls will be bitchin, yo.
RoadkillKid is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.03.2006, 05:03 PM   #17
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadkillKid
And the girls will be bitchin, yo.
Of course they will, I'm going.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth