Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page 13th Floor Elevators Documentary on Youtube
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.16.2007, 01:26 PM   #1
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
I've been really appreciating them a lot more lately ever since I put on their debut last week.I went on youtube and found this cool doc about them and I thought more people would be interested to see it.

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCSZTU0LXW4

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmJGtyqa1es

Part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c_Xk2YhDGs

Part 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vpp0JY9JBK4

Easter Everywhere is their best album and a stone cold psychedelic classic. I especially love the trippy version of dylan's "its all over now baby blue" on the record.Its rumored Dylan considers it his favorite rendition.Either way its one of the best dylan covers I've ever heard

Discuss this greatly underrated psychedelic band and their electric jug
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.16.2007, 01:30 PM   #2
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Good boy!
thank you for the links! - no time to write a better post, but i love them -
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.16.2007, 04:30 PM   #3
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
Pretty good band! This is great find. Thank you very much
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2007, 08:26 AM   #4
sarramkrop

Documentary about rock n roll pioneer Roger Kynard "Roky" Erickson, whose band the 13th Floor Elevators coined the term "psychedelic rock" in the 60's. Struggling with drug abuse and schizophrenia, he spent 3 years in Rusk State Hospital after pleading insanity on marijuana charges. His new band, Roky Erickson and the Aliens managed to stay vital during the 70's with a darker and more aggressive rock sound. After losing interest in music, he became a recluse, living in poverty and filth. The movie details the rise and fall of Roky Erickson and his brothers struggle to get Rokys life back on track.

ETT...
TVA...
TRE!

This is why I like blogging; you can post absolutely dire stuff for ages, get negative comments and people hating your take on some random band or other, and then one day: BOOM. You post some DYNAMITE shit like this and suddenly you're back in favour again, TF is hooking you up, random recordlabels from Tokyo is sending you albums to upload, and the MySpace site is buzzing with spam. What a summer hey? Today it is raining and I just woke up.

http://only-in-it-for-the-music.blogspot.com/
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2007, 08:33 AM   #5
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

A Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's asses
Heya,
Nice find, i love 13th Floor Elevators.

gonna watch all that jazz when i'm home from work.

thanks
A Thousand Threads is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth