Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.01.2017, 04:14 PM   #8761
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Anyone watching Real v Spurs? Mad game!
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.02.2017, 05:16 AM   #8762
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
I watched it and was just stunned. Spurs were as brilliant as real were terrible. The defence were pretty much note perfect. Tbh, they all were. I can't think of anyone who had a poor game.

As for real, fuck me they look like a shadow of themselves. God knows what's happening there.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.02.2017, 01:26 PM   #8763
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Wouldn't be surprised if Pochettino, Kane and Dele Alli are all at Real by next season.
Old 11.02.2017, 03:57 PM   #8764
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Wouldn't be surprised if Pochettino, Kane and Dele Alli are all at Real by next season.

No way. The amount that'd cost them it'd be impossible. Think about it, you'd be looking at £150 million for Kane alone in today's monopoly money era. Daniel Levy is a shrewd guy and he wouldn't let any of them go cheap. I will say though that he'd be a total moron to let any of them go of they were pushed. Bale, Modric etc. fine but none of those. Especially as they seem to be on the cusp of something really good.

At the other end of the spectrum, it's another day and another shit result for Everton. Hooray -_-

Old 11.03.2017, 03:45 AM   #8765
demonrail666
invito al cielo

No, you're obviously right, but still. It will be a feat for Levy to keep that team intact in the summer. We know Real are looking at Poch but Kane, Alli and Eriksen must be on all the mega-clubs' radar now.

As for Everton, I keep hearing Sean Dyche's name and that he could be appointed as soon as next week. Would you be happy with him?
Old 11.03.2017, 06:33 AM   #8766
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:
No, you're obviously right, but still. It will be a feat for Levy to keep that team intact in the summer. We know Real are looking at Poch but Kane, Alli and Eriksen must be on all the mega-clubs' radar now.

Agreed. It's gonna take them to break their wage structure and in a big way. Gonna be interesting to see what happens. Watch this, they'll beat Real Madrid but then struggle to be Palace this weekend.

Quote:
As for Everton, I keep hearing Sean Dyche's name and that he could be appointed as soon as next week. Would you be happy with him?

Yeah, I think I would. Problem is he's being dealt a fucking shit hand if he does go. To the point I'm not optimistic of anything at the moment. First problem is trying to sort out the defence. I swear Williams is drowning his sorrows with pies and Guinness. He's got a belly on him at the moment.

Now I know how it feels to be a Sunderland fan.

Edit:this is the difference between West Ham and Everton. West Ham can go two goals down and still have some fight n them. Everton go 2-0 down and you're more likely to see Rooney sit down with a bottle of vodka than them pulling back two goals.

Old 11.05.2017, 08:07 AM   #8767
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Another nail in Bilic's coffin yesterday. They did put up some fight, and the score probably flattered Liverpool, but even with their current injury crisis, there's no excuse for their total incompetence in defence. And for a team so focused on attack they're just not converting enough chances.

My biggest fear (if we escape relegation - a big if) is losing what few real quality players we have (namely Cresswell, Lanzini and Antonio) next summer. My only hope is the owners selling to someone who isn't just about bigging themselves up in the media and making empty promises to the fans.

EDIT: Looks like Moyes might be named today as his replacement. Hmm, not sure what I think about that. I'd say Moyes is a better manager than Bilic but I'm not sure he's the right guy to turn our season around. Not sure there's anyone better though, who's a) available, or b) actually willing to come here.
Old 11.06.2017, 07:12 AM   #8768
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

So that's Bilic gone. I mean, Moyes isn't the WORST choice out there (and tbf, you've already had some of those). There's a squad in there that should at the very least be higher than they are, so I reckon Moyes can get that sorted.

He had no chance at Sunderland, so I think anyone using that as a comparison to now is wrong.

Old 11.07.2017, 05:50 PM   #8769
demonrail666
invito al cielo

I agree about Moyes. I've always liked him, even post-Everton. I'm a fan. I just wonder if he's the right man for a team that needs such a radical overhaul. But I'm certainly backing him all thr way. And you're right, we have had worse. Speaking of which, how are you feeling about Allardyce now being favourite for the Everton job?
Old 11.08.2017, 07:46 AM   #8770
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Hmm, he did it at Everton more than enough times. Purely because of that I've a soft spot for him. Has too much time passed since he showed he could do it? Maybe.

As for the Sam rumours it's enough to make me run for the hills. We're in a state but not THAT bad of a state...aren't we?

Funnily enough I saw a page on the sky sports news bit yesterday. It was saying that Moshiri has a list of five candidates. One of them being Simeone but doesn't think he'll leave Madrid halfway through the season. Now I'm trying to be optimistic, but fuck me the idea Simeone will go to Everton is a tad much.

Old 11.09.2017, 05:23 AM   #8771
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt

As for the Sam rumours it's enough to make me run for the hills. We're in a state but not THAT bad of a state...aren't we?

Can things ever be bad enough to justify big Sam? Probably, but I don't think Everton are there yet. Where do they turn though? Now is a bad time to look for a real quality manager as they all seem to be either in work or on sabbatical. Ancelotti's ruled himself out, Simeone will almost certainly expect CL football (Chelsea next season?). There's Tuchel, I suppose, or even Enrique but not many.
Old 11.09.2017, 09:30 AM   #8772
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
it’s weird to read all this and feel so detached of games and results but the coach talk is hard to resist

tuchel??? mehhhhh....

it’s weird to see such a small pool mentioned. there are many great coaches out there. just need to be scouted, same as players.

then again i realize the prem is such an intense business environment not everyone is prepared to handle it but... i’m sure there are people working in spain or italy or france who could probably handle things better than the eternal washouts you guys love to hate. no?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.09.2017, 10:48 AM   #8773
demonrail666
invito al cielo

I wouldn't exactly call Allardyce a washout. He's successful in his way. Hence why he demands such high salaries. To be fair, if Everton only want him for the rest of this season, when he can stabilise things, sort out any discipline issues, and certainly improve their defence, then look for a proper replacement in the summer, then it's not such a bad appointment. The football will be horrible, but there will be occasions when it isn't that bad, either, to be honest. And he loves taking scalps off bigger teams. The worst situation was the one West Ham had, when he wasn't brought in to save them but to rebuild them. I personally think Everton are good enough to survive without him, but if it does come to it, they can probably survive 6 months of him, too.
Old 11.09.2017, 11:54 AM   #8774
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
oh, i see. i always hear names like “moyes” and “big sam” spoken with dread. then that man with the nice rumpled suit who coached england some years ago (old and redfaced, nice man, i forget his name). it’s always the same musical chairs it seems.

and how is pep doing?

btw, dortmund poached the ajax coach and they’re okay on paper—3rd, tied with schalke

i haven’t seen them play though, i’m sad to say

(on the other hand, with the free time away from the game, business is going well— but for what?? ha ha ha)
Old 11.09.2017, 01:05 PM   #8775
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
oh, i see. i always hear names like “moyes” and “big sam” spoken with dread. then that man with the nice rumpled suit who coached england some years ago (old and redfaced, nice man, i forget his name). it’s always the same musical chairs it seems.

It is EXACTLY that. There's some managers who jsut go round and round doing just ok and then onto the next job. Pardew, Allardyce (although tbf he did great at Bolton), Redknapp, and now Moyes has joined the rest of the gang.

Quote:
and how is pep doing?

Honestly, he's killing it with City. It's gonna be interesting to see if he can keep them playing as well as they are. De Bruyne has kicked it up to another level, and in my eyes is outright the best player in the league.

Quote:
btw, dortmund poached the ajax coach and they’re okay on paper—3rd, tied with schalke

i haven’t seen them play though, i’m sad to say

(on the other hand, with the free time away from the game, business is going well— but for what?? ha ha ha)

How you finding not having another distraction?

Old 11.09.2017, 01:48 PM   #8776
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Everything H8kurdt said. DeBruyne's in Ballon D'or form. I can't see anything stopping them. Man U will trundle along but fall further behind, Spurs and Chelsea are too up and down and Liverpool's defence is now just pure comedy value.
Old 11.09.2017, 03:08 PM   #8777
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

the “not having another distraction” has been great actually, it’s allowed me to focus and reorganize things for the best-best-best.

plus i’m saving a ton of money— besides the $140/yr for the service itself (or $240 if you go month-to month)i’d have to pay $600 for the isp to upgrade my connection plus and extra $40/mo for the new speeds/caps on a 2-year contract. do the math, in my head it adds up to nearly $2K in 2 years. that’s above the $100/mo i already pay on internet. fuc dat.

additionally, consider that euro-football is not scheduled at recreational times for me— bundesliga is on saturday mornings when a grown-ass man would be fixing the house or truck or doing errands, champions games are smack dab in the middle of the workday (3 hour lunchtimes are so aristocratic), and so they tend to skew my work schedules and hurt productivity a bit.

all would be worth it for sure if i was in a different situation, i.e., good internet by default and my life already in order, but for this transitional period—no. so i’m getting a big productivity payoff that would not be fun forever but works on a temporary basis. like having an extra part-time job all of the sudden. working long hours all week plus saturdays and i’m seeing the payoff.
Old 11.09.2017, 03:35 PM   #8778
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:
Everything H8kurdt said. DeBruyne's in Ballon D'or form. I can't see anything stopping them. Man U will trundle along but fall further behind, Spurs and Chelsea are too up and down and Liverpool's defence is now just pure comedy value.

There was a pas he did to Sane a couple of weeks back that still makes my eyes glisten when I think of it. Just the absolute perfect flowing pass along the grass. The right amount of curve to end nail on to Sane's feet.

Not sure if you remember which one I mean, but god...

Edit:found it

It's the sun I know, but I couldn't find it on youtube

Old 11.09.2017, 03:38 PM   #8779
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

and yes those were the other names! pardew, redknapp— yes.

i’m glad to see debruyne is doing well, i was a big fan of his during his bundesliga years, while you guys only had bad memories of his chelsea days

im not glad for pep, he’s more interesting when he suffers— but i read this morning (old news) that the man city payroll had gone up 25% under him. so— it’d better work.

not suprised that liverpool’s defence is floundering— it’s kloppo after all! same trajectory as in dortmund. o well. it’s nietzsche’s eternal return.
Old 11.09.2017, 03:52 PM   #8780
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
the “not having another distraction” has been great actually, it’s allowed me to focus and reorganize things for the best-best-best.

plus i’m saving a ton of money— besides the $140/yr for the service itself (or $240 if you go month-to month)i’d have to pay $600 for the isp to upgrade my connection plus and extra $40/mo for the new speeds/caps on a 2-year contract. do the math, in my head it adds up to nearly $2K in 2 years. that’s above the $100/mo i already pay on internet. fuc dat.

additionally, consider that euro-football is not scheduled at recreational times for me— bundesliga is on saturday mornings when a grown-ass man would be fixing the house or truck or doing errands, champions games are smack dab in the middle of the workday (3 hour lunchtimes are so aristocratic), and so they tend to skew my work schedules and hurt productivity a bit.

all would be worth it for sure if i was in a different situation, i.e., good internet by default and my life already in order, but for this transitional period—no. so i’m getting a big productivity payoff that would not be fun forever but works on a temporary basis. like having an extra part-time job all of the sudden. working long hours all week plus saturdays and i’m seeing the payoff.

Well at least you know that football is always there (for better or worse). All those stresses and joys will be back soon enough!

By the way, sorry to be nosy but what is it you do?

389429436437438 439 440441442449489539 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth