Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page I missed the New York Dolls, dammit!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.21.2006, 09:26 AM   #1
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
I keep trying to stay up late to catch these bands on late night talk shows and fall asleep. Last night I woke up in time to catch the last 10 seconds of the Dolls on stage on Conan. Damn.

But I hear they'll be on the Henry Rollins show this weekend. I'll be making some espresso around 11 p.m.
gmku is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2006, 09:29 AM   #2
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
I keep trying to stay up late to catch these bands on late night talk shows and fall asleep. Last night I woke up in time to catch the last 10 seconds of the Dolls on stage on Conan. Damn.

But I hear they'll be on the Henry Rollins show this weekend. I'll be making some espresso around 11 p.m.

What the hell is Henry Rollins show???!!!
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2006, 09:32 AM   #3
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Henry has a show on IFC (the Independent Film Channel). Low-key Rollins-style talk/rant show, usually includes a pretty good musical guest performance. Thom Yorke was on recently, J. Mascis.
Old 07.21.2006, 09:32 AM   #4
soniknirve
the destroyed room

soniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's asses
i met Steve Conte this past wednesday. he was special guest dj at a club called Death Disco at The Annex here in NY. there were two local bands playing. he got up on stage and introduced the 1st band ModRocket...
soniknirve is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2006, 10:01 AM   #5
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Happens to me all the time. I've missed SY the last two times they played on a late show.
nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2006, 10:05 AM   #6
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

I wish they would have the musical guest on at the beginning of the show. On top of that, I wish they would talk to them as well. Conan is my favorite of all the talk show hosts, so I didn't mind staying up later than I should have just to see the Dolls. But most other talk shows bore me.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2006, 10:47 AM   #7
gmku
invito al cielo

Yeah, I always wonder why they don't interview the musical guests. That, to me, would be far more interesting than most of the crap they fill the hour with.
Old 07.21.2006, 01:51 PM   #8
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
Conan O' Brian is the only late night talk show that has devoted either a week or one night to one band. When White Stripes' Elephant came out they were the musical guest every night for a week. And at least once he had a band on, can't remember who it was it was a band that had been around for awhile, they were the only guest the whole night and played like three songs. He might have have done a smiliar thing as the White Stripes for The Strokes too I think.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2006, 09:26 PM   #9
guitarwolf
little trouble girl

guitarwolf has tongues queuing up for a rim-festguitarwolf has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeDistortion
Conan O' Brian is the only late night talk show that has devoted either a week or one night to one band. When White Stripes' Elephant came out they were the musical guest every night for a week. And at least once he had a band on, can't remember who it was it was a band that had been around for awhile, they were the only guest the whole night and played like three songs. He might have have done a smiliar thing as the White Stripes for The Strokes too I think.

The Strokes did a week when Room On Fire came out and I think he did a whole show with U2 as the only guests.
guitarwolf is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2006, 09:32 PM   #10
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by soniknirve
i met Steve Conte this past wednesday. he was special guest dj at a club called Death Disco at The Annex here in NY. there were two local bands playing. he got up on stage and introduced the 1st band ModRocket...
how was that show?
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2006, 09:38 PM   #11
foldback
bad moon rising

foldback is a name known to allfoldback is a name known to allfoldback is a name known to allfoldback is a name known to allfoldback is a name known to allfoldback is a name known to all
Conan also had Neil Young on for a week when Prairie Wind was released last year. And Conan will, from time to time, interview the musical guest; definitely more often than the other late night folks.

And the Strokes kind of did a week: they were on every Monday the month Room on Fire was released.
foldback is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2006, 12:25 AM   #12
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah I guess it was U2 that I was thinking of.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2006, 03:10 PM   #13
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
NEW YORK DOLLS

Dance Like A Monkey (new song)

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d....php?id=104528

Late Night w/Conan O'Brien
July 20, 2006

& while I'm announcing, this was added today also
SONIC YOUTH playing live at The Melkweg, Amsterdam,The Netherlands on 31 March 1985 (incomplete)

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d....php?id=104611

& a Cologne '06 Laurie - TEOTM, but none of you care about that. & a MBV '89 (aud), re-seed (not marked as such) of Bad Brains Old Waldorf, SF (sbd), JSBX '02 FM, a *new* '73 Led Zep soundboard & loads of other stuff.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2006, 03:16 PM   #14
TheDom
expwy. to yr skull

TheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
NEW YORK DOLLS

Dance Like A Monkey (new song)

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d....php?id=104528

Late Night w/Conan O'Brien
July 20, 2006

& while I'm announcing, this was added today also
SONIC YOUTH playing live at The Melkweg, Amsterdam,The Netherlands on 31 March 1985 (incomplete)

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d....php?id=104611

& a Cologne '06 Laurie - TEOTM, but none of you care about that. & a MBV '89 (aud) & loads of other stuff.

Thanks for the heads up! I keep forgetting to check dime
TheDom is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.23.2006, 01:44 PM   #15
khchris(original)
100%

khchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeDistortion

carson dailey devotes bands an entire week every week. i believe jon spencer was on his show for a week too.
khchris(original) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.23.2006, 03:13 PM   #16
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
You can check them out along with a bunch of other sweet footage from Thom Yourke, Daniel Johnston, John Doe, Jurassic 5, Sleater Kinney, Frank Black etc. etc. here from the Henry Rollins Show. http://henryrollins.ifc.com/episodes/shelter.jsp
"The Dolls" were ok....I guess.
Old 07.23.2006, 03:21 PM   #17
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Woah I finally got a Dime account.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.01.2006, 01:32 PM   #18
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d....php?id=105768

New York Dolls, acoustic
Jonesy's Jukebox, Indie 103 FM, LA, CA
DJ Steve Jones of Sex Pistols
July 28, 2006

by peewee
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth