Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Is Trump really a serious contender for the Republican nomination?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.09.2016, 09:23 AM   #1641
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
sorry to hear man

don't know what to say
now i know:

call in sick to work (fatigue, something), make yourself some hot chocolate, and start with buffy season 1, episode 1
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.09.2016, 09:30 AM   #1642
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I just had a pretty epic conversation on the phone with my mom. I think we agreed that we need to go insular and grieve for a bit. Grief is the only word I can think of to express how my cohorts and I are feeling. So yeah, I'm going to grieve. But I'm also going to try to set my jaw, put my boots on, and make it through the day.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.09.2016, 09:34 AM   #1643
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I'm very glad I took everyone's advice and drove those sweet ladies to the booths. At least I can say I did what I could do under the circumstances. I made donations. I helped people vote. I exhausted myself. I did my part.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.09.2016, 09:44 AM   #1644
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
well, it is what it is.

i'm going to stay home, clean up the place, advance some laundry, work on my winter wood pile, and focus on the things i can control. no clients today.

didn't i say this already?

it's getting really hard to post on this board. i click submit reply and it just gives me some 404 message.
Old 11.09.2016, 09:59 AM   #1645
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Even if Hilary had won that would just mean a continuation of a failing status quo and in 4 years time another authoritarian biggot would (inevitably) be elected to office, and if the trends in public anger, media irresponsibility and GOP candidates is anything to go by (Bush<Palin<Trump) it would be worse. Trump cannot and will not deliver on what he has promised, and I wonder if a scenario like this has to play out before things genuinely improve. It's just tragic that it is going to have such a destructive impact on so many people's lives. Something that scares me is whether the people who are going to be let down by Trump will move to even further extremes.

Anyway, on a hopeful note, Elizabeth Warren for first female President?
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.09.2016, 10:05 AM   #1646
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Should be plenty of "I told you so" opportunities upcoming. For the dumb shits who voted Trump, a big FUCK YOU. For the poor folks who will suffer as a result, a big I'M SORRY.
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.09.2016, 10:16 AM   #1647
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
Even if Hilary had won that would just mean a continuation of a failing status quo and in 4 years time another authoritarian biggot would be elected to office, and if the trends in public anger and GOP candidates is anything to go by (Bush<Palin<Trump) it would be worse. Trump can not and will not deliver on what he has promised and I think this has to happen before things genuinely improve. It's just sad that it is going to have such a destructive impact on so many people's lives. The only thing that scares me is whether the people going to be let down by Trump will move to even further extremes.

Anyway, Elizabeth Warren for first female President?

right, hillary would have been a president without a congress, totally unable to move any legislation forward, so it would have been a failed presidency & out in 4 years, i think.

don't know about warren. i like her a lot but we'll have to wait and see. the democrats lost this election by dismissing white working class concerns and just preaching to the choir, and the choir didn't sing... warren could have spoken to people beyond the choir but we'll never know now. well, maybe in 4 years.

i think the political landscape is going to change radically now. can't say what trump will or won't deliver on, but he's got both houses of congress, he'll install a supreme court judge (if not more), he's got a majority of state legislatures... he's gonna grab her by the pussy she's gonna let her do it because he's a billionaire. or something.

clearly democrats cannot stand on a coalition of educated whites and minorities, and can't keep waiting for demographics to change. they will have to refocus on the working class but this time there's no threat of communism to counter like there was in the depression, so... it's pretty difficult to calculate what needs to be done and how etc.

bernie sanders had more or less the right idea but in typical liberal egghead fashion he spoke in long complex sentences about big theories from foreign countries that the yahoos just can't follow. so he had the millenials and the college liberals, hillary had the simples and the pragmatists in the primary.

i found the same problem with hillary on the national scale-- as i was listening to her michigan speech, she found herself tripping on her own sentence construction. i cant' recall exactly but it was something like "by that for which it..." something. bunch of dependent clauses and mixed up pronouns. if a lawyer can't follow her own speech, imagine what the functional illiterates hear. probably just the sound of her voice.

anyway, game over, reboot/respawn.
Old 11.09.2016, 10:52 AM   #1648
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Trump was a lifelong registered Democrat in New York state. He is nowhere near as militant or right wing as he made out to get the votes from conservatives. By that same token, Clinton has always been much more moderate than progressive/liberal. Either way a billionaire beat a billionaire for a job that pays $275,000 a year.
Old 11.09.2016, 11:35 AM   #1649
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

she's not a billionaire

he's basically unprincipled

she'll be coming out to speak soon-- kaine just walked in
Old 11.09.2016, 12:25 PM   #1650
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

for severian et. al. https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...492_story.html
Old 11.09.2016, 12:29 PM   #1651
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
she's not a billionaire

he's basically unprincipled

she'll be coming out to speak soon-- kaine just walked in

between her and her husband, they are BILLIONAIRES.
Old 11.09.2016, 12:31 PM   #1652
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
^
no shit, the clueless will be pretty disappointed in the new world order

as to yours truly, I am digging into some literature. I'll probably be posting more in books that anywhere else.
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.09.2016, 12:32 PM   #1653
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
between her and her husband, they are BILLIONAIRES.
she has 30 mil, he has 80. adds up to around 110.

i do get your point that it's all a contest between rich people but they're not the same
Old 11.09.2016, 12:34 PM   #1654
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
^
no shit, the clueless will be pretty disappointed in the new world order

as to yours truly, I am digging into some literature. I'll probably be posting more in books that anywhere else.
i like the idea of heirloom tomatoes. i have some growing in my window right now-- with freezing temps outside! but i still have tomatoes. i guess i want more now.

so hm er hm.... yes.

i should take up my accounting classes again. recent stuff had me distracted. well, not classes. "readings"
Old 11.09.2016, 12:41 PM   #1655
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
she has 30 mil, he has 80. adds up to around 110.

i do get your point that it's all a contest between rich people but they're not the same

wait, i'm even starting to recirculate trump's brand of unreality here. they don't have 110 million

they have less than half of that

see here:
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...linton-wealth/

!!!
Old 11.09.2016, 01:18 PM   #1656
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
well fuck it, we cant trust elite war hawk neo con/libs. fuck 'em, let 'em die along with their stupid media.

sometimes it has to get worse before it can get better

the trumpenproletarians are going to start coming after YOU because he will tank the economy and they want lessers to blame so they can assert themselves in a dominance heirarchy while automation takes all the jobs. YOU and ME are the people who will be scapegoated for what technology is doing by these nazi morons. 2/3rds of all us jobs will be automated soon. i told you so in advance.

unless you can deal with this fact you don't have much of a chance. just like the useless fucking democrats and labour party in the uk.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.09.2016, 02:03 PM   #1657
Phlegmscope
expwy. to yr skull

Phlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's asses
I stayed up all night watching the PBS stream. When pennsylvania went to trump I thought fuck it and went to bed.

Not that this has any direct consequenses on my life, me being from finland, but it's been a bizarre circus this. Especially because in finnish political system the presidential institution has far less significance. I can't relate to this kind of mania.

Can't say I'm totally surprised, given the recent events such as brexit, which "wasn't supposed" to happen. But I wasn't expecting this.

There's been a rise of right wing populism throughout europe in recent years, including finland. We've had our share of it too, the truefinns party have gained large popularity in the last six or seven years. And they are exactly the kind of people who would vote for trump, ie the people especially in rural areas and dying small towns. There's a connection there.
They also are proponents of isolationist politics and anti-immigration, needless to say. And use faux-nostalgic nationalism as political tool.

The immigration thing has been driving the political and social discourse in recent years and I'm fucking tired of it. There doesn't seem to be a subject that cannot be turned into a immigration issue.
What have the truefinns actually done in their time, except talked shit? fuck all. But that's how populist politics work. Simple aswers to complex questions.

The more worrying result of this is the normalization of bigotry and narrow mindedness.

It also doesn't help that the rest of the major parties in the cabinet are right wing corporate neo-libs and conservatives as well.
So, the general consensus these days seem to be that whether it's the stagnated economy or social issues, the unemployed, "greedy" employees or immigrants can be blamed for it. And there's been a very clear shaming campaign towards these groups.

Oh well. Enjoy. I certainly hope the shitfest circus continues.
Phlegmscope is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.09.2016, 03:16 PM   #1658
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
ALRIGHT so last night was the dress rehearsal, right? The real election's gonna be held on November 28th, I heard someone say.

I CANNOT deal with this. Unsubscribing from this thread in 3,2,1... [poof]

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.09.2016, 03:21 PM   #1659
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

https://www.gutenberg.org/files/1432...-h/14328-h.htm
Old 11.09.2016, 05:17 PM   #1660
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

43% of white women want a man to grab them by the pussy.
73808182 83 84858693133183 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth