Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page limp bizkit - gold cobra
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.17.2010, 03:12 PM   #21
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
He doesn't like the best one of the bunch: RELATIVE FUCKING ASH!
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2010, 03:18 PM   #22
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
haha.

"your dad is very very sick son."
"what?"
"they say it's cancer..."
"oh nooooooo."
"But we think it's hiv... aiiiiiiiiiiids."
"he's gonna dieeeeeeeeee."

I THINK TOO MUCH
I'M ALL CHOKED UP
I THINK TOO MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCH
SO WHATCHA THINK OF ME NOW?!

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2010, 03:18 PM   #23
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
The best relative ash song was the one with the riff from nosebleed by Deftones backwards.

Old 04.17.2010, 03:19 PM   #24
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
Is there any nu-metal bands that you absolutely don't like? Or do they all have under-appreciated genius hidden somewhere in their discographies?

Hmm. I only really like Spineshank, Bizkit, Static-X, KoRn, and bands lumped with numetal that aren't really (Amen, Deftones, System of a Down, Kittie)...

Old 04.17.2010, 03:25 PM   #25
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
Linkin Park is better than any of these bands tbh
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2010, 03:33 PM   #26
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Speaking of bands that are usually made fun of... I remember owning a Cradle of Filth CD when I was a lot younger and thinking it was HORRIBLE but I'm listening to it again via youtube and it's honestly not as bad as I thought.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZVPF...eature=related The guitars to the intro of this song are AWESOME I say.
Old 04.17.2010, 03:38 PM   #27
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Hmm...Limp Bizkit.

Wes Borland is easily the most likeable member of the band...too bad his near-ADD has put the brakes on so many more worthy projects (Black Light Burns comes easiest to mind). His guitar playing is fairly simple, but he has a better understanding of texture than many other nu metal guitarists.

DJ Lethal was in House of Pain before Limp Bizkit, so he gets points from that.

Fred Durst...for as much of douchebag that he is, really deserves a lot of credit in making the band popular. Because for all his angry-jockness, he also has that "let's party y'all putcha hands in tha air like ya jus' don't care" vibe that appeals to a lot of people.

The bass player and drummer I don't know the names of, but I can agree with atsonicpark that some of their songs have awesome grooves.

So, it doesn't quite add up, but it works. Remember, you can't spell "dysfunctional" without "functional".

@ pbradley: I think now that the NWOAHM and metalcore have pretty much supplanted nu metal, we can now step back and look at the style more objectively. Love it or hate it, it cannot be denied that the style and its overall vibe wasn't seen before and hasn't really been seen since. I mean, throwing together Pantera, NWA, Mr. Bungle, the Cure, My Bloody Valentine, Helmet, and Public Enemy, and then throwing on body paint or track gear? It should sound like a mess, but some bands did find a way to make it work.
Old 04.17.2010, 05:20 PM   #28
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Haha, Mr. Bungle, that's so funny you mentioned that, I remember when KoRn started out, they said Bungle was one of their big influences. Weird!

Old 04.17.2010, 05:26 PM   #29
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Mr. Bungle is as bad as the Limp/NuMetal scene. blech!
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2010, 05:34 PM   #30
Derek
invito al cielo

No they aren't, maybe you were listening to an 128kbps mp3?
Old 04.18.2010, 01:02 AM   #31
infinitemusic
the destroyed room

infinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Hmm. I only really like Spineshank, Bizkit, Static-X, KoRn, and bands lumped with numetal that aren't really (Amen, Deftones, System of a Down, Kittie)...

So you basically just like tons of shitty metal and you don't want it to be called "nu-metal" because YOU are too good to like nu-metal, yet you like them, so they mustn't be nu-metal, right?
infinitemusic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2010, 02:22 AM   #32
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Haha, Mr. Bungle, that's so funny you mentioned that, I remember when KoRn started out, they said Bungle was one of their big influences. Weird!

And Duran Duran, which I never was really able to hear all that much.

Korn could have been the next Faith No More, but instead they went to shit with all of that "we're going back to our roots" stuff. Biggest mistake any band could ever make. Art, to me, is always about whats going on here and now. Heaven forbid I go back and attempt redoing whatever it was I was doing artistically four years ago. I'm not that person anymore...why try and be? Maybe they just realize half of their one-time fan base takes them as a big joke these days. Trying to redo something to regain their favor is just a terrible idea. For fuck's sake, they aren't poor anymore. They certainly don't deal with issues finding women. Why pretend?

I remember enjoying the first Korn album when it came out. There was something very unique about it. Was nice to hear something that didn't sound so easily lumped into that god-forsaken "post-grunge-alternative" garbage. That second album (Life is Peachy) wasn't too bad, either. But eventually they just lost it.

I almost never listen to any of that stuff anymore. Just feels too nostalgic (in a bad way). And even more, Jon's lyrics do virtually nothing for me now that I'm quickly approaching my 30's. It's like, "come on dude life can't suck that bad".

"My life sucks because I have absolutely everything anyone could ever ask for. A beautiful girl, a successful career, nice cars, any and all musical equipment I could ever use at my disposal". < In other words, I don't want to listen to this guy talk about how terrible shit is.

Maybe I'm the one being silly.

I can see why others may still dig Korn. Especially younger people looking for very accessible aggressive tunes to relate their frustrations with. They just don't happen to do much for me these days.
ann ashtray is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2010, 03:51 AM   #33
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
@ pbradley: I think now that the NWOAHM and metalcore have pretty much supplanted nu metal, we can now step back and look at the style more objectively. Love it or hate it, it cannot be denied that the style and its overall vibe wasn't seen before and hasn't really been seen since. I mean, throwing together Pantera, NWA, Mr. Bungle, the Cure, My Bloody Valentine, Helmet, and Public Enemy, and then throwing on body paint or track gear? It should sound like a mess, but some bands did find a way to make it work.
That's all well and good but I'm wondering why you are responding to me. I was hoping that my posts weren't taken as condescending because that certainly wasn't my intent. While I'm mostly indifferent to scene, I don't doubt that it existed legitimately in its time and place nor that there existed some genuinely compelling qualities in the music.

I don't think SYG is the right place for trying to save nu-metal, though.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2010, 03:57 AM   #34
Derek
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitemusic
So you basically just like tons of shitty metal and you don't want it to be called "nu-metal" because YOU are too good to like nu-metal, yet you like them, so they mustn't be nu-metal, right?
huh
Old 04.18.2010, 06:27 AM   #35
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Not sure what infinitemusic is talking about, but then, I hardly ever do.

hevusa, listen to disco volante. Then get back to me.

Old 04.18.2010, 12:10 PM   #36
logicalharm
little trouble girl

logicalharm kicks all y'all's asseslogicalharm kicks all y'all's asseslogicalharm kicks all y'all's asseslogicalharm kicks all y'all's asseslogicalharm kicks all y'all's asseslogicalharm kicks all y'all's asseslogicalharm kicks all y'all's asseslogicalharm kicks all y'all's asseslogicalharm kicks all y'all's asseslogicalharm kicks all y'all's asseslogicalharm kicks all y'all's asses
Either way, Durst is certainly a great guitar player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MI-_jWAmlE

:S
logicalharm is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2010, 01:27 PM   #37
DanielCarlson
children of satan

DanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevusa
Mr. Bungle is as bad as the Limp/NuMetal scene. blech!

That's just so wrong. Mr. Bungle was a thousand times better than all shit from the nu metal scene. I mean, just listen to Disco Volante or California.

I gotta be honest, I hate Limp Bizkit. I did it when I first heard them years ago and I still do. I think the music is totally tasteless.

But to each his own.
DanielCarlson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2010, 03:13 PM   #38
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
Speaking of bands that are usually made fun of... I remember owning a Cradle of Filth CD when I was a lot younger and thinking it was HORRIBLE but I'm listening to it again via youtube and it's honestly not as bad as I thought.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZVPF...eature=related The guitars to the intro of this song are AWESOME I say.

MFN-era Cradle is pretty good. Though the later stuff is largely abysmal. Utterly ridiculous stuff, but enjoyable for that I say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2010, 08:54 PM   #39
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
That's all well and good but I'm wondering why you are responding to me. I was hoping that my posts weren't taken as condescending because that certainly wasn't my intent. While I'm mostly indifferent to scene, I don't doubt that it existed legitimately in its time and place nor that there existed some genuinely compelling qualities in the music.

I don't think SYG is the right place for trying to save nu-metal, though.

I'm sorry, didn't mean to call you out there...emotion can hard to detect in text sometimes...

You're right, SYG is hardly the place to save nu metal, if it ever really needed saving. And let's be honest with ourselves here, if you started talking to a bunch of KoRn Kids about atonality and dissonance they'd be like, "Whatever, man, we just think that shit's badass"...
Old 04.18.2010, 09:00 PM   #40
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
the second limp bizkit stop making albums is probably the second most of us stop living

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth