Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Not cool/Cool
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.10.2009, 08:16 PM   #1
shaggster
empty page

shaggster has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I feel really dumb posting this but...
I don't get the Not cool/Cool gatefold artwork (The Eternal).
Is it saying that American society doesn't accept music that challenges the status quo but embraces drugs and violence???
I hate not understanding art....
shaggster is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2009, 08:22 PM   #2
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
when you say art... do you mean, like... paintings and stuff?
Old 06.10.2009, 08:40 PM   #3
shaggster
empty page

shaggster has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
when you say art... do you mean, like... paintings and stuff?

No, I mean like drawings... you know... Beavis & Butthead and stuff
shaggster is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2009, 09:01 PM   #4
cagedbird
the destroyed room

cagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's asses
I thought I was all alone in my confusion! I have come to the conclusion that the gatefold art is beyond traditional logic.
cagedbird is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2009, 09:04 PM   #5
guston
little trouble girl

guston kicks all y'all's assesguston kicks all y'all's assesguston kicks all y'all's assesguston kicks all y'all's assesguston kicks all y'all's assesguston kicks all y'all's assesguston kicks all y'all's assesguston kicks all y'all's assesguston kicks all y'all's assesguston kicks all y'all's assesguston kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagedbird
I thought I was all alone in my confusion! I have come to the conclusion that the gatefold art is beyond traditional logic.

I don't know what that drawing means...but it looks really cool in the gatefold of my 2xLP.

I thought it was put there for the "cool" factor, and not as a commentary on anything in particular...
guston is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth