Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page The drums on Rather Ripped?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.15.2006, 07:30 PM   #21
hambu hodo
little trouble girl

hambu hodo has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by terminal pharmacy
mp3 will kill some of the dynamic range. when you say the snare sounds a little out of phase what do you mean? it is either in phase or it is out of phase. i guess though if there were multiple mics used on the snare close toghether and both used in the mix you are likely to have phasing issues. is there no bottom end in the snare at all? i guessing all these mixes are just rough mixes any way and not the final mixes for release.

sorry, i didnt word that effectively. i meant that from what i could hear of the snare it sounded out of phase. its pretty far back in the mix, but it sounds a pretty thin to my ears.

and certainly i realise that it is by no means the final mix, nor am i listening to the tracks in an optimal situation... my ordinary stereo speakers and mp3 format.

i was just making some early observations that suppored hebbel's claim.
Old 04.16.2006, 09:17 AM   #22
RIPfrey05
the end of the ugly

RIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard sucka
Maby they mixed it like that because they dont want everyone to notice that all the songs have (almost) the same beat.
http://www.myspace.com/thefloridaorangebirds
MY FUCKING BAND
RIPfrey05 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth