Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What TV are you watching (live, dvd, etc.)?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.16.2018, 10:21 AM   #2101
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
oh speaking of emmys (i dont give 2 shits but im seeing ads) i can vouch for the marvelous mrs. maisel’s 14 nominations or whatever. dont know what they’re for specifically, but great show overall, a real pleasure to watch, starting with the writing and performances and... pretty much everything fucking else lol. an amazon original (oh, that’s why im seeing the ads). anyway looking forward to season 2.

and what im watching: babylon 5 is tv crack. who knew! i sure didnt.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2018, 12:22 PM   #2102
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterpuff
Been watching American Horror Story based on convos here. Started from the beginning and been watching through the seasons. I am about 6 episodes into the Hotel season with Lady Ga Ga.

I like it. I think it stretches at times to be as fucked up as it can be here and there. But overall, watching is a fun experience. It certainly does it's job of making the viewer feel uneasy.

Creatively though, I really am geeking out on it. It's fun to watch the cast recycled like this from season to season as new characters. And it's really fun watching the powerhouse actors/actresses when they share intense scenes. Good stuff. Pretty unique show.

The third season (Coven) is FAR AND AWAY the best.
Second best is probably the most recent season, season 7 (Cult)

The rest I can take or leave. Season 1 had way ok much rape. Like... wow. I mean, every season has at least *some* rape, but there was like 1 rape per episode in that first one. I didn’t even finsish it. Moved onto the second about 6 episodes from the end.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2018, 12:24 PM   #2103
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i dont know this emmy or what she believes but yeah that show was incredible

i finally was able to watch the last season and so i could take you off ignore—ha ha ha!

the final season was pretty fucking great

and here is a sign of a great story for me: the other day while chopping vegetables or somthing i found myself thinking about some of those characters and wondering what they might be doing—-ha!

The final episode deserved a two-hour run time. I feel like it was a little rushed. That poor show never got the credit it deserved from the public or from the network, but it’s easily one of the best shows of the modern era.

Like... Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Americans... that’s how the crown was passed.
Old 07.16.2018, 12:50 PM   #2104
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
The final episode deserved a two-hour run time. I feel like it was a little rushed. That poor show never got the credit it deserved from the public or from the network, but it’s easily one of the best shows of the modern era.

Like... Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Americans... that’s how the crown was passed.
i dont know about changing the final episode. i loved that i expected one thing and it totally gave me another one. it was long enough as it was, don’t know waht more could have achieved.

for some reason i found the final season less nerve-wracking and more... “unusual”, something. like, they got me so used to fear, and i felt the final season was not about that but... wow i still have not processed it i suppose ha ha ha.

but yes top quality if less spectacular and popular than the other two you mention. it was i think smaller? somehow... a smaller production. cheaper to make. know what i mean? top quality though.
Old 07.17.2018, 10:31 AM   #2105
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
I've been watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. all week long, I'm down to the final episodes of the first season. This morning still unawake I opened up a new package of facial cream and scared the shit out of myself:

seriously, HYDRA POWER !!!! Hydra has infected not only the entire Shield organisation, but now also my facial creams!! WTF!

oh yeah, and I'm liking this series, it's definitely not the best series ever but it's very entertaining. And it's getting better and better, the start of the first season was a bit slow and boring

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.17.2018, 10:46 AM   #2106
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
This is a HYdra

water is HYDRO
Old 07.17.2018, 12:54 PM   #2107
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
I've been watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. all week long, I'm down to the final episodes of the first season. This morning still unawake I opened up a new package of facial cream and scared the shit out of myself:

seriously, HYDRA POWER !!!! Hydra has infected not only the entire Shield organisation, but now also my facial creams!! WTF!

oh yeah, and I'm liking this series, it's definitely not the best series ever but it's very entertaining. And it's getting better and better, the start of the first season was a bit slow and boring

Every season starts slow and ends strong.

This season ends a little so... highs are around the middle. Bad season 4 was great. Lots of fun.
Old 07.17.2018, 01:54 PM   #2108
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

agents of shield i enjoyed first season or two eventually turned unwatchable garbage
Old 07.17.2018, 01:58 PM   #2109
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I cant watch that shit.
Old 07.17.2018, 06:02 PM   #2110
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

agents of S.H.I.T.
Old 07.17.2018, 08:25 PM   #2111
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
agents of shield i enjoyed first season or two eventually turned unwatchable garbage

Fuck that, it didn’t even get good until the fourth season.

End of the first was OK. Second was terrible.

You’ve only watched the worst of it, and the best is — I’m telling you — surprisingly good.

Check out the episode “Self control” from last year.

Goddamn awesome. *Awesome*
Old 07.17.2018, 08:26 PM   #2112
Severian
invito al cielo

Also you’ve made the Agents of Shit joke a bunch. You should check in on the show and make sure it still applies (and I’m happy to say, it doesn’t)
Old 07.17.2018, 10:02 PM   #2113
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Also you’ve made the Agents of Shit joke a bunch. You should check in on the show and make sure it still applies (and I’m happy to say, it doesn’t)
meh

reason this is all new to you is you skipped buffy and angel

daisy is buffy-ish

ward is angel

coulson is the watcher sort of

tahiti is a magical place - dollhouse in a way

it’s all recycled diminished whedon made stupider so it doesnt get cancelled

plus the marvel bullshit and cameos ugh

no.

buffy - angel - firefly - dollhouse is where it’s at

but okay how the fuck do i get to last years awesome episode if it requires that soap opera in between

lady nunchucks and her british accented lover

wassernames endless brooding

alien from another planet

hydra hydra hydra hydra

daisys magick mommy

paul atreides is the hulk

etc. ufff...

one fucking thing after another

the only redeeming one was patton oswalt in his fortress of solitude
Old 07.18.2018, 11:21 AM   #2114
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
lack of something better to watch:

12 Monkeys S1
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.18.2018, 01:10 PM   #2115
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
meh

reason this is all new to you is you skipped buffy and angel

daisy is buffy-ish

ward is angel

coulson is the watcher sort of

tahiti is a magical place - dollhouse in a way

it’s all recycled diminished whedon made stupider so it doesnt get cancelled

plus the marvel bullshit and cameos ugh

no.

buffy - angel - firefly - dollhouse is where it’s at

but okay how the fuck do i get to last years awesome episode if it requires that soap opera in between

lady nunchucks and her british accented lover

wassernames endless brooding

alien from another planet

hydra hydra hydra hydra

daisys magick mommy

paul atreides is the hulk

etc. ufff...

one fucking thing after another

the only redeeming one was patton oswalt in his fortress of solitude

I tried with Buffy but oh my god it was so mid-‘90s in a Limp-Bizkit-is-not-quite-a-thing-but-soon-will-be kind of way and ... yeesh. I just wanted to fast forward to when the cameras looked better and the music wasn’t painful. Why? BECAUSE I AM SHALLOW!
Old 07.18.2018, 03:30 PM   #2116
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
I tried with Buffy but oh my god it was so mid-‘90s in a Limp-Bizkit-is-not-quite-a-thing-but-soon-will-be kind of way and ... yeesh. I just wanted to fast forward to when the cameras looked better and the music wasn’t painful. Why? BECAUSE I AM SHALLOW!

that’s a great confession. highly irrelevant for history though.

https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/3/1...d-tv-influence

http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/201...-of-television

https://www.popmatters.com/117637-wh...496139534.html

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...elling/519174/
Old 07.18.2018, 05:04 PM   #2117
Severian
invito al cielo

Well, to be fair, I wasn’t expecting my confession of shallowness to have any kind of historical impact.
Old 07.18.2018, 11:16 PM   #2118
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Well, to be fair, I wasn’t expecting my confession of shallowness to have any kind of historical impact.
i guess i brought up history to point to its cultural relevance in a way that was not insulting to your... shallowness or whatever? just wanted to point at it—the relevance. buffy was hugely important to pop culture and tv.

oh and fred (amy acker) was the first superscientist to be stuck in an alternate dimension. did you know?

man. early angel was awesome—and so funny.

whereas this show is just a reflection of a reflection

you were born too late i guess haaa haa

i dont know what to tell you man . except that daisy was way more interesting as a computer hacker than as a stupid vibra-hands. way to destoy a character with idiotic “superpowers”.for what? zzzzzz

those marvel forced plots are utter shit.

to see charles gunn reduced to some... whatever that was. was sad.

gunn! oh you’ll never get to know him i suppose.

or wesley wyndham-pryce, rogue demon hunter haaaaa haaaaaa haaa
Old 07.19.2018, 05:51 AM   #2119
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
i guess i brought up history to point to its cultural relevance in a way that was not insulting to your... shallowness or whatever? just wanted to point at it—the relevance. buffy was hugely important to pop culture and tv.

oh and fred (amy acker) was the first superscientist to be stuck in an alternate dimension. did you know?

man. early angel was awesome—and so funny.

whereas this show is just a reflection of a reflection

you were born too late i guess haaa haa

i dont know what to tell you man . except that daisy was way more interesting as a computer hacker than as a stupid vibra-hands. way to destoy a character with idiotic “superpowers”.for what? zzzzzz

those marvel forced plots are utter shit.

to see charles gunn reduced to some... whatever that was. was sad.

gunn! oh you’ll never get to know him i suppose.

or wesley wyndham-pryce, rogue demon hunter haaaaa haaaaaa haaa

I was actually — probably — in precisely the right demographic to appreciate Buffy the most. After all, I saw the movie in theaters when I was a little dude and loved it, and I was in junior high and high school during the show’s early seasons.

I have every intention of going back to it, but it’s just jarring watching it for the first time now. Very weird. A little depressing. But I’m sure you’re right that Agents of Shield is built upon a bunch of Buffy tropes.
Old 07.19.2018, 07:11 AM   #2120
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

the buffy movie is a kind of farce that betrayed whedon’s vision. in good part through the meddling of donald sutherland, or so the story goes. but it does provide a leeeeetle bit of background for buffy ending up in sunnydale after having “burned down the gym” ha ha ha.
5696103104105 106 107108109116156 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth