Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Shooting at Virginia Tech campus
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.03.2012, 07:43 AM   #501
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
i definitely don't think that someone would go on a killing spree in their school if they didn't have easy access to a gun. however, i definitely do not think that gun related deaths happen only because of easy access to guns but to a larger picture, which i can't, at the moment, say exactly what it is.

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2012, 07:49 AM   #502
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Blame violent video games.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2012, 08:28 AM   #503
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
i'm reacting to what the fucking media is throwing in my fucking face. racism. yeah right. deeper problem than that bullshit. but don't blame gun laws, because guns will always be easy to get.

It's nothing but PC posturing bollocks from the trotskyite hacks of the media.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2012, 08:45 AM   #504
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Real men use their teeth.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.05.2012, 02:54 PM   #505
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazifan
i definitely don't think that someone would go on a killing spree in their school if they didn't have easy access to a gun. however, i definitely do not think that gun related deaths happen only because of easy access to guns but to a larger picture, which i can't, at the moment, say exactly what it is.

That's the thing though....when 15 year old kids have easy access to drugs of all varieties, how could one ever expect to make access to guns more difficult? I'm not saying it's impossible, but it certainly feels as such.
Old 04.05.2012, 03:07 PM   #506
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
uhhhyeh.

Statistics, please?

I'm WAYYYY willing to bet most that own these sort of firearms use them for little more than target practice. Only folks I know that own them are ex military and seldom even use them for target practice. More show pieces that stay locked up in storage facilities/gun cases than anything else.
Old 04.05.2012, 03:17 PM   #507
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Euros will never know the joy of hunting texas sized spiders with a SPAS-12.

Lol @ Franchi S.p.A. thanks, Italy!

eat semi auto,.Charlotte.
Old 04.05.2012, 03:25 PM   #508
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfit
Then, according to this logic, USA should have the lowest crime rates in the world, because there are lots of guns around and "criminals" could never know if their victims are carrying, so they'd be spending their lives "reconsidering". And I'm the one who's dreaming?
Lol.

And how many people have been killed because there are too many guns around in the hands of people who are not coldblooded/trained enough to use them as "deterrent"?

Sure they may do not, that's what scares me about the "impossibility" to change your mind. You get scared, you shoot, you kill. You regret killing for the rest of your life. It's not that you can set your gun to "stun" instead of "kill". Lots of people carrying guns are simply not trained enough on how to use one "properly"(blah), as I said earlier.

I won't even argue with the cars issue because it's just too stupid.

OK...first and foremost I personally do not own a gun. Also, I don't live in fear of violence or anything of this nature. I'm not opposed to purchasing a gun just for the hell of locking it in a drawer in the case it's ever needed, but I've yet to do so. Maybe one day. Guns themselves hold little interest for me...but the right to own them holds a lot. Guns are likely the most effective method of self defense, and this is a right people SHOULD have. There are places, taken I was forced to move to, I'd immediately purchase a gun. For the time being I think my dog will suffice. He's a sweety, but being the pit he is most assume otherwise. Intruders don't concern me in the least.

How many have been killed because of careless and or cold blooded types? Tons, I'm sure. But still, a relatively small number when considering how many people own guns. I'd personally be willing to bet most die in auto-related accidents. Some say this is a tacky comparison, I think not. Cars are dangerous and plenty of careless assholes that barely know how to drive are out on the streets in record numbers.

I'm not one of those liberals that feels the government needs to be involved in every aspect of my so called "safety". Let people do as they will, weed out the bad apples (via jail) whenever necessary.

This is a debate that people will never come to an agreement on. I understand both sides of the coin, but stand firm in my personal beliefs.
Old 04.05.2012, 03:27 PM   #509
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Quote:
military snipers hunt pigs with them. they get paid a lot of money to do it. wild pigs can be a nuisance. around here atleast.

What's the going rate on a hogzilla these days?

I'm sure it takes bringing home the bacon to a new level.

O, god..-bacon
Old 04.05.2012, 03:44 PM   #510
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Fuck farmers.

Them're mean. I'd do it just to have my picture taken next to one that's been strung up.

Old 04.05.2012, 03:49 PM   #511
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:

I have no real take on this. I agree schools SHOULD BE a place where guns shouldn't be necessary. I also agree they seldom ever are necessary. how many school shootings have there been in the last 50 years? How does this number compare when looking at how many students have went through schools over the same duration of time? It's gotta be a small number. Again, I have no real take on this. I just know most people have no interest in killing others. Why some choose to act as if they do is beyond me...

Students always protest all sorts of stupid shit, though. It's like they think "I'm young, I'm a student, I should protest absolutely everything". My latest fav are in-debt college graduates looking for debt forgiveness for whatever loans they took out while going to school. Not my fault...theirs. They should pay. Everyone should be responsible for their own actions...in no case should the majority suffer because someone thought they were guaranteed a great career with a philosophy or art degree.
Old 04.06.2012, 05:53 PM   #512
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
I have no real take on this. I agree schools SHOULD BE a place where guns shouldn't be necessary. I also agree they seldom ever are necessary. how many school shootings have there been in the last 50 years? How does this number compare when looking at how many students have went through schools over the same duration of time? It's gotta be a small number. Again, I have no real take on this. I just know most people have no interest in killing others. Why some choose to act as if they do is beyond me...

Students always protest all sorts of stupid shit, though. It's like they think "I'm young, I'm a student, I should protest absolutely everything". My latest fav are in-debt college graduates looking for debt forgiveness for whatever loans they took out while going to school. Not my fault...theirs. They should pay. Everyone should be responsible for their own actions...in no case should the majority suffer because someone thought they were guaranteed a great career with a philosophy or art degree.

you and i are living in a separate reality. Your arguement is insane, illogical, and generally incomprehensible to me. And your attempts to defend it only get more ridiculous.

As far as i see it, thats the American way

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.06.2012, 06:30 PM   #513
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
you and i are living in a separate reality. Your arguement is insane, illogical, and generally incomprehensible to me. And your attempts to defend it only get more ridiculous.

amen to that.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.06.2012, 07:32 PM   #514
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult

Well, your "reality" is an idea. Mine is not...it's actuality.

amen? lol
Old 04.06.2012, 08:08 PM   #515
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I just want Sway to replace Judge Judy
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.06.2012, 09:36 PM   #516
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
i would feel much more comfortable with my taxes going to subsidize education and medical care than the US army, the israeli army, and oil companies and whatnot. why are people so quick to shout "handout" for shit that is so important for a healthy society but never talk about the amount of money that goes into the military, and other destructive groups.

Old 04.07.2012, 04:15 PM   #517
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
i would feel much more comfortable with my taxes going to subsidize education and medical care than the US army, the israeli army, and oil companies and whatnot. why are people so quick to shout "handout" for shit that is so important for a healthy society but never talk about the amount of money that goes into the military, and other destructive groups.

What if the US military hadn't existed during WWII?

Just asking.

Sure, it's done some "destructive stuff", but it's also been vital at times.
Old 04.07.2012, 04:25 PM   #518
fugazifan
invito al cielo

the us military's budget is over 600 billion $ a year. that is a lot of money for an army of a country that is not under attack by any other country.

Old 04.07.2012, 04:31 PM   #519
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
the us military's budget is over 600 billion $ a year. that is a lot of money for an army of a country that is not under attack by any other country.
Agreed. Honestly, I do agree...

I just refuse to look at the military as nothing other than a "destructive force". it's done some good. Sure, some shitty stuff has happened but lots of good has happened as well. Sad we live in a world to where a military is even needed...but, it is.
Old 04.07.2012, 04:43 PM   #520
fugazifan
invito al cielo

it has done necessary stuff. but at the moment it does not. for the past decade its wars have cost over a trillion dollars and hundreds of thousand if not over a million lives in iraq and afghanistan not to mention millions of refugees. the us' military budget is the highest it has been since WWII and for what? why is that much money needed now? if there were extensive budget cuts then the country could easily afford subsidizing healthcare and education for example, something that would benefit US citizens and the rest of the world much more than purchasing and testing new weapons.

232425 26 272829 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth