Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Grunge!!!!!!!!!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.30.2008, 10:46 AM   #61
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
i got ya, mate. sorry if ive came off as an asshole. i can certainlyt be a smartass sometimes its in my nature.

i do think its odd however hoe most "underground" folks these days more or less consider all the same bands great.

ya got indie/punker/whatever bastards saying "dinosaur, sonic youth, erase errata, MBV, nirvana, stooges, magick markers, afrirampo (who oddly enough i havent heard anything about in a while)", and basically anything else with thurstons seal of approval..

then of course ya got the doom kids saying "earth, sunn, boris, khanate, acid mothers temple, etc etc". i pretty much stop with earth when it comes to that shit. i did like sunn o)))'s black one but have despised everything else ive heard from em (wasted money on that album they did with boris, hated it). just that slowed down droney shit that musically goes little beyong a slllllooooooooooow sabbath.

yeah, that's something i have been talking about lately, it's become that a lot of people pay attention to certain bands just because certain people are behind them, namedropping them in every interview and yet many more who are/were great have fallen by the sidelines because of this.

i might not agree in taste (i do like the doom shit) but i definitely understand the sentiment (and that earth are unquestionably the fathers of that particular sound.)

have you heard the earth album?
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.30.2008, 10:47 AM   #62
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
because its better than pointing ill-thought WRONG information.

and there was a difference between what was going on in seattle, and what was going on in olympia. ya should look that up sometime.

I'll have to look up on some of my psychology books what the reaction of throwing an even more irrelevant response to a question that you didn't even ask is called. I am sure that's a mental condition too. Yep, the scene in Olympia was/is different from that of Seattle and Nirvana were connected to it, even though you don't see their name associated with it as often as Seattle. And your point is what, exactly?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.30.2008, 11:00 AM   #63
sarramkrop

Sure, swa(y).
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.30.2008, 03:15 PM   #64
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
everyneurotic, your boris signature gives me a fucking boner. no kidding.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.31.2008, 02:19 AM   #66
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
hahah of course.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.14.2020, 07:02 AM   #67
NYCgaf16
stalker

NYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's assesNYCgaf16 kicks all y'all's asses
superfuzz bigmuff is better than nevermind let's argue
NYCgaf16 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.14.2020, 12:31 PM   #68
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
Grunge is a fake genre.
Making myself up as I go along. Check out my music-themed blog, 79:57.
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.14.2020, 04:47 PM   #69
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Why did nobody mention the Screaming Trees on this thread? I used to like them a lot, Soundgarden too, even PJ and AIC. Nirvana not so much and never listened to Mudhoney (except the occasional song that I didn't like).

Nothing beats the Crazy Horse though!!

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.15.2020, 10:57 AM   #70
Peterpuff
stalker

Peterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
Why did nobody mention the Screaming Trees on this thread? I used to like them a lot, Soundgarden too, even PJ and AIC. Nirvana not so much and never listened to Mudhoney (except the occasional song that I didn't like).

Nothing beats the Crazy Horse though!!

Sweet Oblivion is one of my favorite sing-along albums ever!
Peterpuff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.15.2020, 12:15 PM   #71
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCgaf16
superfuzz bigmuff is better than nevermind let's argue

It's clearly not, is it? Either on a track-by-track basis, or as an album as a whole. Egbdf is the closest they came to bettering Nevermind and even then they didn't.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth