Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page New stuff....
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.27.2006, 08:52 PM   #1
Laila
the end of the ugly

Laila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's asses
Hmmm...some new crap that has been going on is, first off, i finally listened to SOnic Nurse, but i couldn't listen to 2 of the songs on it cause the cd was scratched...but i really liked the ones i did hear though. Uhhh...i heard one song off Washing Machine, just one. It was Panty Lies. it's good but annoying at the same time, but good. Does anyone know the meaning of that song? cause that's a strange name for a song. I got some new beatles songs...Uhhh let's see...they were "dig it," "polythene pam," "maxwell's silver hammer," and "strawberry fields forever." i don't really like strawberry fields, but it's okay. I also happened to see that very famous episode of the twilight zone. The episode is called "time enough at last." it's about that guy who likes to read and then when he finally gets the chance he breaks his glasses....does anyone know what the hell i'm talking about? anyway i also updated my myspace. I made it a tribute to of my 2 fav bands, SY and The Beatles. Check it out, it's pretty cool @ www.myspace.com/virani Yeah i don't post nearly as much on here as i did on the old forum, so i felt the need to post a long ass post. haha bye!
Laila is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.27.2006, 10:41 PM   #2
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
. let me say, panty lies is in my opinion the worst song off of washing machine. ummm.. dig is a poor excuse for a beatles song. strawberry fields is probably as good as it gets. polythine pam is good. but to really like that song you should listen to all of the abbey road album. dont watch twighlight zone.

that indeed was a long post
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.27.2006, 10:43 PM   #3
sellouteater
the end of the ugly

sellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard sucka
Panty lies is the coolest
sellouteater is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.27.2006, 10:45 PM   #4
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Hey Laila, it's good to see you thread making again. I think "Washing Machine" is one of SY's greatest albums. I have been listening to it a lot lately.
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.28.2006, 02:05 AM   #5
Laila
the end of the ugly

Laila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's asses
i don't know if like washing machine, but we shall see. Yeah finding nobody, "dig it" sure is a poor excuse for a beatles song. i mean how the hell did that shit make it onto an album? I have some quotes from a beatles book and john lennon was talking about "dig it" and he said that he made it up in like 2 sec and then he was like "sounds like it, doesn't it?" hahah yes it does! why should i not watch the twilight zone?
Old 03.28.2006, 02:09 AM   #6
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Sonic Nurse:

Laila, which 2 tracks did you not get to hear?
-George Carlin
Old 03.28.2006, 02:13 AM   #7
hellotwentyfifteen
bad moon rising

Location: sonic toronto (it's way cooler than regular toronto)
hellotwentyfifteen is just really nicehellotwentyfifteen is just really nicehellotwentyfifteen is just really nicehellotwentyfifteen is just really nicehellotwentyfifteen is just really nice
panty lies is one of my favorite from washing amchine

its my favorite album in general

not just sonic youth

i hated pantie lies at first

but theres somthing savage and simple about it, i love it so much

as for sonic nurse, it was better than murray st, but still quite lame i do have to say

i love peace attack though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastuionel
Only there i seen chep like that Cell Phone
hellotwentyfifteen is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.28.2006, 02:21 AM   #8
Laila
the end of the ugly

uhh the 2 i didn't hear were kim gordon and the.......and stones. and for some reason peace attack didn't transfer to my ipod. hmm.. that's weird. yeah i don't like murray street either. i think that is my least listened to album out of all the ones i have. i think nurse is better. panty lies is simple in a way, youre right.
Old 03.28.2006, 02:29 AM   #9
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

I could up the 2 songs you didn't get to listen to. Or, I could upload the whole album, until you can get a copy for yourself. Just let me know.

& this time, they will be individual tracks.
-George Carlin
Old 03.28.2006, 02:39 AM   #10
Laila
the end of the ugly

ok sure. but you don't have to upload the whole thing. just those 3 songs would be fine thank you.
Old 03.28.2006, 03:47 AM   #11
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

O.K., I'll get right to it. Sonic Life
-George Carlin
Old 03.28.2006, 10:43 AM   #12
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laila
i don't know if like washing machine, but we shall see. Yeah finding nobody, "dig it" sure is a poor excuse for a beatles song. i mean how the hell did that shit make it onto an album? I have some quotes from a beatles book and john lennon was talking about "dig it" and he said that he made it up in like 2 sec and then he was like "sounds like it, doesn't it?" hahah yes it does! why should i not watch the twilight zone?

I think if you're truly going to appreciate the Beatles, it'd be better to listen to them progressively/chronologically rather than downloading random tracks. "Let It Be," "Abbey Road" and "Sgt. Pepper" were completely different from one another stylistically, and they were influenced quite a bit by the cohesion of the band during the respective recordings.

"Dig It" is one of my favorite songs.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.28.2006, 12:22 PM   #13
Laila
the end of the ugly

truncated i have lots of beatles albums. i have St. peppers, Beatles for sale, 1, and another one that i can't remember. anyway i have noticed that when i buy entire albums i never listen to every single song no matter what the artist. the rest of the albums by the beatles i have ordered track by track online. now i'm just getting some random songs that i like.
Old 03.28.2006, 12:27 PM   #14
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
truncated i have lots of beatles albums. i have St. peppers, Beatles for sale, 1, and another one that i can't remember. anyway i have noticed that when i buy entire albums i never listen to every single song no matter what the artist. the rest of the albums by the beatles i have ordered track by track online. now i'm just getting some random songs that i like.

To each his own, but a lot of the appeal to me in an album also lies in its arrangement, so I would feel as though I were missing out on the entire experience if I didn't listen to all the tracks.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.28.2006, 03:13 PM   #15
Laila
the end of the ugly

yeah i know what you mean about that. But i have an ipod so i feel that buying cds from the store is pointless now. I can save a shit load of money by just buying the songs that i actually like. but i see your point cause i do miss having the actual cd to hold in my hand and the liner notes and stuff like that.
Old 03.28.2006, 06:29 PM   #16
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

nah, i didnt mean dont watch twighlight zone. i meant that i dont watch it.i guess it was a typo. i was just trying to comment on everything you posted. i seen the tighlight movie. it was rather interesting. its been a while, but i remember that i liked it.
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.28.2006, 06:32 PM   #17
samuel
the end of the ugly

samuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's asses
Panty Lies is so awesomee!!!!!
samuel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth