Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page post comething completely irrelevant!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.31.2015, 01:57 PM   #38821
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
I want to change my name to ward but I don't know why I would and I don't know why I want ward either but I like ward and sort of want it or at least will for the next three days and have no money so probably shouldn't but oh my god I could call myself ward on my passport.

yeah, i might just stick with what i got
Old 05.31.2015, 03:55 PM   #38822
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Changed mine, worked well for me, indeed today marks the 7th anniversary..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.31.2015, 07:28 PM   #38823
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
oh? i just want to change it because it'll end up being cheaper/less than a runaround of getting my name off those stupid data mining sites.
Old 05.31.2015, 08:26 PM   #38824
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Changed mine, worked well for me, indeed today marks the 7th anniversary..
i know this is a terrible pun but i can't help myself from wanting to say the words Felonious Monk, Felonious Monk, Felonious Monk.

okay i better run before i'm pelted with cabbages
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.31.2015, 09:46 PM   #38825
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i know this is a terrible pun but i can't help myself from wanting to say the words Felonious Monk, Felonious Monk, Felonious Monk.

okay i better run before i'm pelted with cabbages

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.31.2015, 09:49 PM   #38826
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses

/me takes cover
Old 05.31.2015, 11:42 PM   #38827
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

do any of you guys have any advice for like, self-organization? i mean like calendars and notes to yourself. i'm thinking of just getting a small binder that i can divide up with goals/checklists and shit. like, i just got my stuff ready together for work in the morning and it's a daily mini-crisis of putting my wallet in my backpack, then freaking out a minute later when i can't find my wallet, only to remember it's in my backpack. then having a section with whatever i'm reading/watching/working towards and checking that stuff off as i go. grocery lists, etc. i'm kinda tired of completely failing in the "mastering my executive functions" area of my mental health.
Old 05.31.2015, 11:54 PM   #38828
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
do any of you guys have any advice for like, self-organization? i mean like calendars and notes to yourself. i'm thinking of just getting a small binder that i can divide up with goals/checklists and shit. like, i just got my stuff ready together for work in the morning and it's a daily mini-crisis of putting my wallet in my backpack, then freaking out a minute later when i can't find my wallet, only to remember it's in my backpack. then having a section with whatever i'm reading/watching/working towards and checking that stuff off as i go. grocery lists, etc. i'm kinda tired of completely failing in the "mastering my executive functions" area of my mental health.

1- evernote
2 - gtd

gtd is HARD but worth it. the man drones on & on about bla bla. once you proces all his shit it's like "ah! genius..."

i created a gtd next action folder on my evernote and it's all i need to guide me through the dark

gtd was written pre-smartphones so it's full of useless dipshit techniques. but if you get the core of the system you can implement it on evernote-- paperless/everywhere. evernote rules.
Old 06.01.2015, 12:03 AM   #38829
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

i like evernote but i think i wanna go paperless this time around- i remember/process shit way better written by hand. but i'd be willing to try any system.
Old 06.01.2015, 12:10 AM   #38830
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
i like evernote but i think i wanna go paperless this time around- i remember/process shit way better written by hand. but i'd be willing to try any system.

if you like manual you can do gtd with a simple "hipster pda" (google it)

GTD however is a conceptual framework-- you can do it by hand, you can do it with software, you can hack it to your individual needs etc.

implementing it on evernote was a personal hack in this case-- it's non-canonical. gtd was not designed for evernote and evernote was not designed for gtd. but evernote is flexible enough that bam.

gtd is all about emptying your mind (there that goes again) and doing the necessariy action in the right context. e.g. no use remembering to buy lettuce when you're at the gym-- you'll drop a weight on your foot if you do't focus. you need to remember lettuce at the store.

basic notion is that we have to remember so many things our brain is always using RAM to juggle all these mental notes. by developing a trusted system of context-based recollection your brain can relax & let go & focus on the task at hand. it's really brilliant. helped my adhd a huge way. cured me, even (almost).

i also use daily alarms at all hours (wake up, lunch, brush teeth, etc), i use timers for evryting i cant forget i'm doing (eg dont burn the food), and the calendar on the phone w/ alarms (eg-- appointment tomorrow-appointment today--appointment in 1 hour)
Old 06.01.2015, 12:46 AM   #38831
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

yeah, i struggle with that, i think up my grocery list while i'm on the treadmill or walking, and two days later i finally remember what i needed after i'm finished with my shopping and bought absolutely nothing useful. shit, i just went to make a midnight snack and literally have nothing but condiments now till i can hit the store tomorrow night.

ah timers i should probably start on. i'm still looking into medication, honestly, too.
Old 06.01.2015, 08:10 AM   #38832
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
yeah, i struggle with that, i think up my grocery list while i'm on the treadmill or walking, and two days later i finally remember what i needed after i'm finished with my shopping and bought absolutely nothing useful. shit, i just went to make a midnight snack and literally have nothing but condiments now till i can hit the store tomorrow night.

ah timers i should probably start on. i'm still looking into medication, honestly, too.

you might indeed need meds but i'd suggest to try GTD first. the book is probably in every ilbrary in the country. my local system had a bunch of copies.

here are the details on only part of the system (plan/organize) courtesy of wikipedia

looks like gibberish but it makes so much sense once you get it.

for your fast-paced restaurant work you could just have a simple notepad where you write next actions and cross them out as you complete them-- typing crap into a phone and retrieving them is probably too slow. but that's one context. you may have other contexts like @errands or @home or @library or @writing for example-- context are individual things that depend on your particular life.

for example i used to have @internet (ha ha) when my connection was so crummy i had to go to a nearby town to update things. my connection is still shit by modern standards, but it's now decent enough that updating my phone apps no longer has to be put into a special list.

my most useful context is probably @errands - not only do i remember what i need to do/get when i'm out but it also lets me plan my shopping and thus control my expenses (if it's not in the list i don't buy it). additionally it lets me plan my trips-- since i live far from town, i plan my errand loops. shit, even the supermarket list follows the store map. so i can do all very efficiently and with no "oops".

anyway check it out-- it's superuseful and liberating and all kinds of good.

start with the basic overview in the obvious place:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Getting_Things_Done
Old 06.01.2015, 02:47 PM   #38833
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I have never been arrested. Thank Mario.
I guess I either got lucky, or maybe I was so good I should have gone into crime professionally, although I do not have the stomach for making others suffer.
Old 06.01.2015, 03:51 PM   #38834
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

i do love a good flowchart. i made a bunch of lists and stuff last night/this morning before work and already mentally feel a bit less bogged down.

IT'S FINALLY RAINING. thank god.
Old 06.01.2015, 04:00 PM   #38835
Keeping It Gimple
children of satan

Keeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's asses
someone translate books from spanish to english for me ill pay
Old 06.01.2015, 04:02 PM   #38836
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Gimple
someone translate books from spanish to english for me ill pay
seriously? which ones & how much?
Old 06.01.2015, 04:21 PM   #38837
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

anyway

WHO ATE THE GARLIC?

Old 06.01.2015, 11:21 PM   #38838
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

chick on the right looks like an old crazy roommate of mine

i haven't done drugs minus like, smoke some weed and drink in what's now six months. feels good, bro.
Old 06.02.2015, 05:44 AM   #38839
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i haven't done drugs minus like, smoke some weed and drink in what's now six months. feels good, bro.

congrats. and congrats again because once is just not enough!

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.02.2015, 06:29 AM   #38840
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
chick on the right looks like an old crazy roommate of mine

the one on the left clearly ate the garlic though! can you hear that breath? ha ha ha

Quote:

this is really awesome news. i'm also glad you're cutting down on the booze!

i wanna do a little dance. can i do a little dance?

can't frind the appropriate gif-- but i'm doing a little dance.
1442184218921932193919401941 1942 194319441945195219922042 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth