Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page astonic
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.01.2010, 12:58 PM   #41
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
never got those noods!

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.01.2010, 01:04 PM   #42
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
we have limited internetz right now, but it was something to do with anime.

she says that she'll send the noodz later.

last night, we watched Dead Leaves. I liked Paranoia Agent more, but Dead Leaves was a headtrip.

was also watched Grave of the Fireflies and then I cried. true story.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.01.2010, 01:07 PM   #43
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Wow dude. Grave of the Fireflies totally made me cry too...

Was Dead Leaves the most insane anime you'd ever seen? I tend to think so. If you dug it, FLCL is its closet cousin.. as far as Paranoia Agent goes, get everything Satoshi Kon did.. Paprika and Perfect Blue are his masterpieces. Very serious anime.

NEON GENESIS EVANGELION is my favorite anime of all time, by far. It is probably the most mindblowing piece of art ever.

Another two animes I highly reccomend and are easy to find...

MINDGAME

and..

CAT SOUP

yep..

two absolutely brilliant works of animation unlike anything you will ever see. Mindblowinggggggg.

Surreal as hell, bordering on genius, absurd hilarious with brilliant animation. Almost impossible NOT to like.

Old 12.01.2010, 01:14 PM   #44
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
we watched most of the Evangelion series while I was in Oz, but left the boxset there.

again, with spotty net, it's hard to DL stuff.

that said, by noodz, she meant, "please mail us a DVD with anime files because we watch them nightly and have limited ways to get many". so yeah.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.01.2010, 01:21 PM   #45
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

I could probably mail you guys some shit eventually. I'll mail you some of my movies too. Haha.

Old 12.01.2010, 06:46 PM   #46
ink.
the end of the ugly

ink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Wow dude. Grave of the Fireflies totally made me cry too...

Was Dead Leaves the most insane anime you'd ever seen? I tend to think so. If you dug it, FLCL is its closet cousin.. as far as Paranoia Agent goes, get everything Satoshi Kon did.. Paprika and Perfect Blue are his masterpieces. Very serious anime.

NEON GENESIS EVANGELION is my favorite anime of all time, by far. It is probably the most mindblowing piece of art ever.

Another two animes I highly reccomend and are easy to find...

MINDGAME

and..

CAT SOUP

yep..

two absolutely brilliant works of animation unlike anything you will ever see. Mindblowinggggggg.

Surreal as hell, bordering on genius, absurd hilarious with brilliant animation. Almost impossible NOT to like.

yeh I have been trying to get the other Satoshi Kon movies with not much luck.. will have a look for the rest you mentioned though!

would indeed love some anime on disc.. + whatever else you'd like to include. We'll send you some of our zines and art after chrissy?

noods are in processing
ink. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.02.2010, 01:40 AM   #47
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Now that I have bangai-o and have played way more of record of lodoss war, those would both go in my top 10. Actually, bangai-o is probably my favorite game for the system. Let's put record of lodoss war at about.. oh.. # 8. Then, let's consider everything else bumped down a notch for bangai-o. I should have a shiny new copy of D2 this week, since I only got to play through the first disc and part of disc 2 before the game fucked up... So, that might end up raising the game a few notches. It is one of the most fucked up and atmospheric and brilliant and beautiful games I've ever played. But yeah, record of lodoss war is one you never hear about, but it's a lot like Diablo like I said. It's AWESOME!! God I love the Dreamcast.

Now if only I could get a working copy of LAST HOPE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
1. rez
2. ikaruga
3. super puzzle fighter ii turbo xx for matching service
4. d2
5. guilty gear xx
6. psyvariar 2: the will to fabricate
7. street fighter iii: 3rd strike
8. darkstalkers for matching service
9. cannon spike
10. tokyo bus driver
11. skies of arcadia
12. capcom vs snk 2
13. cosmic smash
14. mars matrix
15. grandia 2
16. chu chu rocket
17. space channel 5
18. trigger heart excelica
19. maken x
20. puyo puyo fever
21. fatal fury: mark of the wolves
22. rayman 2
23. jet grind radio
24. virtual on
25. border down
26. nappal tale
27. bomber hehe
28. under defeat
29. marvel vs capcom 2
30. project justice
31. power stone 2
32. karous
33. tech romancer
34. chaos field
35. resident evil: code veronica
36. radio allergy
37. mdk 2
38. twinkle star sprites
39. mr. driller
40. headhunter
41. virtua fighter 3tb
42. frame gride
43. zero gunner 2
44. sf alpha 3
45. psychic force 2012
46. shenmue 2
47. record of the lodoss war (just bought this a week ago! Great game!!! Kinda like Diablo! Had never heard of it before; will probably end up raising its rank later)
48. cool cool toon
49. lack of love
50. elemental gimmick gear

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth