Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page post comething completely irrelevant!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.07.2015, 09:35 AM   #38581
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
True, sir. Part of the problem is, I have one sibling who is rather judgmental about this kind of thing. It probably does not help that I am the fallen-away Catholic in the family, and that I make no pretenses about it. I didn't get up to go to communion at his service, and I got the evil eye, for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
wow, i just read your dad posts. dang.

you can't force feeling.

wait, let me do it in the contemporary version of the 80s valley girl.

you can't force feeling? it is what it is??
Old 05.07.2015, 09:39 AM   #38582
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i think you guys are making too much of this? because it's not that annoying? i mean is it really annoying? maybe? you tell me? i mean the way people talk always changes? am i right? no? yes? i mean when you watch a movie from the 40s? do they talk like we do? i think they speak differently?

ha ha ha ha

Old 05.07.2015, 09:40 AM   #38583
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
True, sir. Part of the problem is, I have one sibling who is rather judgmental about this kind of thing. It probably does not help that I am the fallen-away Catholic in the family, and that I make no pretenses about it. I didn't get up to go to communion at his service, and I got the evil eye, for example.

I hate when relatives get upset when one chooses not to engage in cannibalism for the sake of appeasing the demonic overlords that run the false church of Roman Catholicism...
Old 05.07.2015, 09:55 AM   #38584
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
what if they put some dulce the leche on the host?

would you have eaten it then? i would...? obleas rule?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.07.2015, 10:17 AM   #38585
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Rob, you're right to be scared of the Host, vampires and heathens are at risk of eternal fires for not "discerning the Blood and Body of Our Lord" and indeed the priests are there to protect the people from the Chalice, it can be dangerous when ones partake unworthily. As Apostle Paul mentions, "For this reason many of you are sick, and some have even died!"

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.07.2015, 10:18 AM   #38586
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
Uh oh. That sounds a helluvalot like my dad!

That's the spirit.

Old 05.07.2015, 10:40 AM   #38587
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

My dad was an Episcopal priest until his passing in 1991, I was an acolyte for 10 years. I know the care taken with the hosts and wine.
Old 05.07.2015, 10:43 AM   #38588
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Ha ha. My wife, who was not raised Catholic, had a lot to say about her first real Catholic mass experience, my dad's funeral service. "This talk of drinking blood and eating flesh. You don't think that's a bit... weird." Yes, my dear, yes, I do.
Old 05.07.2015, 10:45 AM   #38589
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

It is interesting you said that. I have often thought that people misinterpret the Aztecs and Mayas because of imagery of human sacrifice. I mean, think about this, if the Catholic/Orthodox Church somehow disappeared and was abandoned, and then a few hundred years from now people randomly found some ruins of Catholic Churches and saw the altar, saw the icons, managed to read elements of the Mass, would they not conclude that Christians were cannibals who ritually sacrificed human beings??

In other words, perhaps the Aztecs were symbolic..

Old 05.07.2015, 10:48 AM   #38590
gmku
invito al cielo

You're telling me they're not?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
would they not conclude that Christians were cannibals who ritually sacrificed human beings??

Old 05.07.2015, 11:05 AM   #38591
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Umm.. no?

Old 05.07.2015, 01:17 PM   #38592
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
so i read a little on amharic, and yeah, i couldn't handle that for more than a minute
Old 05.07.2015, 01:26 PM   #38593
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

backwards syntax.. No clear expression or word for "no".. strict rules for gender, politeness, AND affection.. as ridiculously colorful and figurative as anything in English.. 256 character alphabet.. several "sounds" that are almost identical but have completely different and confusing meanings..

Yeah, its a lot of fun

Old 05.07.2015, 01:30 PM   #38594
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
how come nobody is interested in obleas... prolly cuz nobody knows them

Old 05.07.2015, 01:58 PM   #38595
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
that's what they're called?! i MISS THESE! i like the raspberry ones but i'd rather have dulce de leche- when i lived in a particularly run down area of little havana (jesus christ, i lived everywhere in that neighborhood) there was this grimy little convenience store that i'm pretty sure was really drug front of sorts because i always saw the same few people in there, but goddamn i loved these things. five to a pack for a dollar, no name on them or anything. i miss the fried dough bits with sugar on top too, whatever those are.
Old 05.07.2015, 01:59 PM   #38596
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Old 05.07.2015, 02:00 PM   #38597
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

OBLEAS. the mexican ones are filled with cajeta which is from goat milk, but they go south as far as venezuela/colombia.
Old 05.07.2015, 02:00 PM   #38598
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
backwards syntax.. No clear expression or word for "no".. strict rules for gender, politeness, AND affection.. as ridiculously colorful and figurative as anything in English.. 256 character alphabet.. several "sounds" that are almost identical but have completely different and confusing meanings..

Yeah, its a lot of fun

i'll never complain about english again
Old 05.07.2015, 02:03 PM   #38599
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

Quote:
OBLEAS. the mexican ones are filled with cajeta which is from goat milk, but they go south as far as venezuela/colombia.

makes sense, i was in a particularly venezuelan patch of the neighborhood.

did i mention this dude who lived in miami now lives here and keeps inviting me for starbucks? a) i told him literally "my dad is here all weekend so i'll be hanging with my dad" and he says "well i'm sure we can get lunch in between!" and b)he tried to use his ford taurus as some sort of point to try and seduce me? -sorry for the uptalk but there's no real way to word it via typing that conveys my amazement- the guy literally says "i have a nice ford taurus i can pick you up in"
Old 05.07.2015, 02:05 PM   #38600
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
makes sense, i was in a particularly venezuelan patch of the neighborhood.

did i mention this dude who lived in miami now lives here and keeps inviting me for starbucks? a) i told him literally "my dad is here all weekend so i'll be hanging with my dad" and he says "well i'm sure we can get lunch in between!" and b)he tried to use his ford taurus as some sort of point to try and seduce me? -sorry for the uptalk but there's no real way to word it via typing that conveys my amazement- the guy literally says "i have a nice ford taurus i can pick you up in"

that's not actual uptalk but some implied clauses no? (did i mention-- he tried)

LOLOLOL ford taurus

get yourself a pitbull. damn, they are expensive to feed. some mace then?
1430183018801920192719281929 1930 193119321933194019802030 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth