Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.08.2013, 02:01 PM   #3001
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
*sob* I can't bear to think about it. If he does go, you be sure that he'll take Baines and Jagielka with him. Just the idea of having to return to the dark days of the 90's is making me feel sick.

I will say this though-it's a strange choice if they did go for him. Someone who never won a cup in 11 years at Everton, minimal experiance at the Champions League and NO experience with money (fun fact-all the transfers Everton made since the Premier League started still doesn't cover the money Abramovich spent buying out managers at Chelsea) it doesn't really make sense.

Surely Benitez would be a better cover?

Moyes is definitely a risk but, besides being very close to Fergie, I think he fits the owners requirements. He won't rock the boat and will look at things long term, neither of which would be the case with Mourinho. I agree that it really could be disastrous for Everton, though. Besides the likelihood of them losing key players, who will replace Moyes? I bet Martinez will be one of the first in the frame, and I can see O'Neil being mentioned, too. I like Everton so I hope they don't go for either. And (sit down and take a deep breath before reading this next bit) what if, as we expect, Stoke parts company with Pulis this summer?!?!?!? But who instead? I dunno. Maybe look abroad? But Kenwright just doesn't have the money to attract a replacement of Moyes' calibre.

No way would MU go for Rafa. He's probably even less popular there than he is at Chelsea, and with Fergie still sticking around in the back room, there's no way would they work together. Benitez at Everton would be interesting but would an ex Liverpool manager ever be accepted at Goodison? And again, I doubt Kenwright has enough money to tempt him anyway.

You know who he could afford, though, and he's currently 'between jobs' ...

(sorry)
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.08.2013, 02:24 PM   #3002
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Martinez can suck my hairy balls. I honestly cannot stand that guy and what has he done? Spent the last few seasons trying to keep Wigan out of relegation and he looks set to fail on that one.
I don't get this hatred (yes call me a hypocrite given my *ahem* dislike of Suarez) for Benitez. So what if he managed Liverpool? He's a great manager and I'd have him in a flash, but that's obviously a pipe dream. I could see Martin O'Neill doing alright though.

On the Everton forum I go on there's talk of Pereia who's supposedly out of contract soon. I'll admit to having never heard of the guy so can't make a comment on him.

The thing is, Moyes is one of the highest paid managers in the Premier League, the only problem is that he gets no money to spend. So they could spend a bit on a new manager. The question is which manager would want to go to a team where he'd be painfully constrained financially?

My personal (realistic) dream? Neil Lennon or Ian Holloway

aaaannnnddd breathe.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.08.2013, 02:25 PM   #3003
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
And McClaren? Give us some credit!

Old 05.08.2013, 03:36 PM   #3004
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Haha. I was joking about McLaren. Pereia would be an interesting one. As you say, it's not the wages that are the issue but the transfer budget and I'm not sure what he's used to at Porto. I can't stand Martinez, either. Can't put my finger on why but he just irritates the fuck out of me. O'Neil, too. The media love him but he plays the most boring football and seems to alienate half the squad of any side he manages.

I really like Rafa, I just wasn't sure how his Liverpool connection would go down with most Everton fans. But as you say, he'll be looking for a club with serious money anyway.
Old 05.10.2013, 11:33 AM   #3005
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

SonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's asses
Palace Brighton in the championship playoff semi final first leg
Bricking it
SonicBebs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2013, 01:26 PM   #3006
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

God this whole Moyes thing is doing my nut in. At work the football fans are eith Liverpool, Everton or Man Utd. followers and all I've heard all day is them throwing names around and speculating. Everything right now is just guesses and it's getting boring.

Best names thrown around? Mark Hughes (puke), Sven (hmmm) and best of all Graham Souness! Fantastic.

Old 05.10.2013, 01:40 PM   #3007
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
God this whole Moyes thing is doing my nut in. At work the football fans are eith Liverpool, Everton or Man Utd. followers and all I've heard all day is them throwing names around and speculating. Everything right now is just guesses and it's getting boring.

Best names thrown around? Mark Hughes (puke), Sven (hmmm) and best of all Graham Souness! Fantastic.

oh shit so man u stole your coach? fuck! i'm glad they didn't get klopp (i had read rumo(u)rs)

(that "u" was for you ingleses cuz it's not used here in 'merica)

okay. so very sorry about that.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2013, 02:00 PM   #3008
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Yeah they did. It had been rumored for months and speculated but never believed for years.

And with all that what did the chairman of Everton Bill Kenwright say? That he had no idea that Moyes might've ended up going. How far do you have to have your head in the sand to not realise that? Pillock.

Old 05.10.2013, 04:22 PM   #3009
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

SonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's asses
Fuck. 0-0 at home. Gonna be tough at their place and Murray looks like he'll be out too
Old 05.10.2013, 04:55 PM   #3010
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBebs
Palace Brighton in the championship playoff semi final first leg
Bricking it

I really want Palace to go up. Losing Murray is massive, though.

Quote:

And I thought mentioning McLaren was cruel. Can't see either Sven or Souness but Hughes is frighteningly possible. Martinez still seems favourite but isn't Phil Neville in the frame now too? God, what a horrible set of options. I hope for your sake it's Pereira or Laudrup but it does increasingly look like it's between Hughes and Martinez.
Old 05.10.2013, 06:00 PM   #3011
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I really want Palace to go up. Losing Murray is massive, though.

And I thought mentioning McLaren was cruel. Can't see either Sven or Souness but Hughes is frighteningly possible. Martinez still seems favourite but isn't Phil Neville in the frame now too? God, what a horrible set of options. I hope for your sake it's Pereira or Laudrup but it does increasingly look like it's between Hughes and Martinez.

Phil Neville really needs to start at the bottom and work his way up.There's no way he should be allowed to barely finish his managing course then manage a premier league team. As for Martinez, we'll see.

Old 05.10.2013, 07:03 PM   #3012
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

Martinez would be ok. You could do alot worse (see above)
Old 05.10.2013, 07:05 PM   #3013
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

I'd take Holloway!

Old 05.11.2013, 05:31 AM   #3014
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

Im not convinced by him. Our form has been pretty poor since he came, which may not be entirely his fault but some of his decisions have been a bit baffling.
And we havent been playing the flowing attacking football his reputation carries
Old 05.11.2013, 06:37 AM   #3015
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Yeah, I never know what to think of Holloway. But the media love him so he gets cut a lot of slack. Still hope Palace go up, though. They've become 1000 times more likeable for me since Simon Jordan left.

On another note, I still can't believe the FA Cup is being played a week before the end of the season. It's bad enough a league game is being played on the same day but the possibility of Wigan resting players so they're fit for their final league games is an embarrassment.

EDIT: Malaga's Pelegrina being named as Mancini's replacement at Man City!!! At last.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...anchester-city
Old 05.11.2013, 07:59 AM   #3016
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Yeah it's pretty shit to be honest. I was in complete denial about the F.A cup's draw decreasing but it's clearly there. Still don't understand why it's been scheduled like this.

As for Wigan, well I think they've no chance of winning what with their defence being lamer than topshop selling Sonic Youth t-shirts, so I suspect they're gonna put their all into staying up.

So Mancini is actually gonna go? Jeez. He wins he premier league last season, he's likely to win the F.A Cup (faded lustre aside) and they still kick him out? What's a man gotta do! It's just bullshit how managers are expected to win everything every season. And honestly it's down to the players' shocking lack of drive this season not Mancini.

Old 05.11.2013, 08:47 AM   #3017
demonrail666
invito al cielo

I have to disagree about Mancini. He can't take all the blame but with that squad he should've walked the Prem this season and, given their opponents in this year's FA Cup are on the cusp of relegation, we can hardly treat that making the final, or even winning it, as any real gauge of overall success. And City's showing in the CL has been terrible for a team of that size and standard of players.
Old 05.11.2013, 09:55 AM   #3018
Trama
stalker

Trama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, Vitor Pereira is the worst manager Porto has had in a long time. After Villas-Boas he had big shoes to fill in and from the beginning there never was much empathy with the fans. There's a chance that might change if they overtake Benfica tonight, but in all likelihood he'll leave at the end of the season.

The Liga title match is tonight at 20:30. Should be a good one with a chance of nastiness.
Trama is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2013, 12:42 PM   #3019
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
oh mang, bayern munich played its first team today vs. augsburg, who are fighting relegation. augsburg put up a good fight, but in the end got clocked 3-0 in the 2nd half.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2013, 12:47 PM   #3020
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

If you were Wigan would you rather win the cup or stay up?
101141148149150 151 152153154161201251651 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth