Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Helen Lundeburg/Eyeliner 7"
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.11.2006, 03:42 AM   #41
nobye-noaloha
bad moon rising

nobye-noaloha kicks all y'all's assesnobye-noaloha kicks all y'all's assesnobye-noaloha kicks all y'all's assesnobye-noaloha kicks all y'all's assesnobye-noaloha kicks all y'all's assesnobye-noaloha kicks all y'all's assesnobye-noaloha kicks all y'all's assesnobye-noaloha kicks all y'all's assesnobye-noaloha kicks all y'all's assesnobye-noaloha kicks all y'all's assesnobye-noaloha kicks all y'all's asses
Great great single.
Don't want to be an asshole but i really dig it more than rather ripped. I know it's not cool to listen to a leaked version of a forthcoming album but i'm impatient. Even if i prefer rather ripped than murray street, or sonic nurse. Sorry to tell that but even if sonic youth are still good, there are not still great (for my opinion).
But this single really make me consider them as i considere them in 80's and 90's. helen lundberg couldbe in confusion is sex album without any problem and if eyeliner was between songs in experimental jet set, it should be ok too.
That's why i continue to believe in them. I hope to hear in the future years an album that sound like this. Long live to sy!!!
But don't give a fuck to me : when i say that i'm a little bit disapointed by sy the last years : it means that they' re "just good" and not great like bfore. But how many bands can say : "oh, shit we're just good!!!"
I don't know who wrote that but i completly agree about the steve drumming style on this single : amazing....
nobye-noaloha is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2006, 10:56 AM   #42
Ich bin gael
little trouble girl

Ich bin gael has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
"helen hundegerg" is fucking incredible. I like the acoustic sort of "mystic chant" of the Flywheel performance, but this version is just incredible. That bass! Those drums! \m/

"Eyeliner' has silly lyrics, but the music is great.
Ich bin gael is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2006, 11:54 AM   #43
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ich bin gael
I picked it up at the store today for $4. Can't wait to listen to it.

The art is very shitty though. Minimalism can be done much better.
i wouldn't so much say that they were shooting for minimalism... it seems to fit up with rather ripped's art work and was very cheap.
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Here's a myspace of my music and 4-track ramblings
the electric kites--the jamz of me n my friends
hey alex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2006, 05:23 PM   #44
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ich bin gael
"helen hundegerg" is fucking incredible. I like the acoustic sort of "mystic chant" of the Flywheel performance, but this version is just incredible. That bass! Those drums! \m/

"Eyeliner' has silly lyrics, but the music is great.
lyrics on both tracks are awesome! bass, drums and guitar on helen is awesome! vocal styling is gear-fab! guitars are awesome! life is awesome! i got a Big Muff Pi today! a russian one... it's completely gear-fab i'm not lying
whorefrost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.23.2006, 05:52 PM   #45
Daycare Nation
expwy. to yr skull

Daycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neongod
These tracks are very, um, sub-par. Nothing at all like the RR tracks. Good choice to release them seperately. They do, however, contain much of the Sonic noise some of you miss.

I agree...totally inferior to RR, glad they left it off.

That dragon ain't the love sweet love.
Daycare Nation is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth