Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Spiritual Psychelia
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.14.2011, 03:50 AM   #101
Kallisti23chaos
children of satan

Kallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's asses
NICE QUOTE FROM : ---the ikara cult--
I get a psychedelic effect from repitition and grinding noise, you dont need drugs to feel it. Its a kind of hypnosis i suppose
Kallisti23chaos is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.08.2012, 10:12 PM   #102
Robert Schunk
the end of the ugly

Robert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallisti23chaos
NICE QUOTE FROM : ---the ikara cult--
I get a psychedelic effect from repitition and grinding noise, you dont need drugs to feel it. Its a kind of hypnosis i suppose

I apologize for the extreme lateness of my reply, but I'd thought the thread was dead and had stopped monitoring it before you posted your piece. It's an important post, and I'd like to reply to it.

Repetitive music and statements can be a form of meditation, and do tend to induce a form of trance. When the Hindus chant the names of their deities over and over again, or when a Catholic recites the rosary, it produces this effect. Catholics also sing or recite litanies. Bruce Springsteen often uses the form of the litany in his songs, and an excellent example of this is his song "The Rising" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOm-uIPzqpI

Cheers!
Robert Schunk is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.08.2012, 11:44 PM   #103
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Robert Schunk again.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.09.2012, 02:15 AM   #104
Robert Schunk
the end of the ugly

Robert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Robert Schunk again.

Not feeling too good about myself right now, that's for sure.
Old 09.11.2012, 02:58 AM   #105
keep poppin pimples
expwy. to yr skull

keep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Pandit Pran Nath (his first album Earth Groove is amazing), Ali Akbar Khan, Ravi Shankar and Vilayat Khan are all excellent, I'm a big fan of Shankars Live At The Monterey Pop Festival album, Alice Coltrane, Don Cherry, CODONA

^^^
keep poppin pimples is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.03.2020, 02:10 AM   #106
Robert Schunk
the end of the ugly

Perhaps my favorite piece of all:

Litany of the Saints

All content 2006 Sonic Youth