Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Discography at sonic youth's web site.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.03.2007, 02:26 PM   #1
maropi
bad moon rising

maropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's asses
As you might all know, the discography at the web site is highly outdated.

I've just sent an e-mail to the webmaster to let him know it ().

I've told him to get 'official' support, maybe to help those of you most involved in the past (Chris Lawrence, or moshe, if i'm not wrong).

I'm quite sure they could find (or pay) some web technicien to do the writing work. And we could send him the missing or wrong informations, to update the web every short time ( a couple of months, or less...).

A lot of us we have great collections of SY stuff. We could send easily that missing informations to that webmaster. I include myself, I can scan rare covers, collaborations, etc...

It would be advisable to include side projects, etc.., like in saucerlike.com.

Maybe it would be a good idea that some of you ask the same question to the webmaster at webmaster@sonicyouth.com

mailto:webmaster@sonicyouth.com?subject=SONIC YOUTH DOT COM QUESTION

If you think it's a good idea, it's time to ask for it, and help to it.

Regards from Barcelona

Albert
maropi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.03.2007, 02:37 PM   #2
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by maropi
And we could send him the missing or wrong informations, to update the web every short time ( a couple of months, or less...).

update the website, now there's a radical idea.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.03.2007, 02:41 PM   #3
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Chris Lawrence IS the one in charge of the discography, dude.
noisereductions is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.03.2007, 02:56 PM   #4
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by maropi
As you might all know, the discography at the web site is highly outdated.

I've just sent an e-mail to the webmaster to let him know it ().

I've told him to get 'official' support, maybe to help those of you most involved in the past (Chris Lawrence, or moshe, if i'm not wrong).

I'm quite sure they could find (or pay) some web technicien to do the writing work. And we could send him the missing or wrong informations, to update the web every short time ( a couple of months, or less...).

A lot of us we have great collections of SY stuff. We could send easily that missing informations to that webmaster. I include myself, I can scan rare covers, collaborations, etc...

It would be advisable to include side projects, etc.., like in saucerlike.com.

Maybe it would be a good idea that some of you ask the same question to the webmaster at webmaster@sonicyouth.com

mailto:webmaster@sonicyouth.com?subject=SONIC YOUTH DOT COM QUESTION

If you think it's a good idea, it's time to ask for it, and help to it.

Regards from Barcelona

Albert

I don't know whether to take this post seriously or sarcastically, chris l is the one that put the most time and effort into putting together alot of aspects of what is included in this site (the concert chronology, gearography and discography too!) it is quite a task to do it and daunting to say the least! i'm sure the band already knows what needs to be done here, and i think they have decided on what the priorities are as far as information is concerned. i'm not at this time too interested in bothering them with trying to update discography information as their are other things i'd rather like to see first...
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.03.2007, 03:16 PM   #5
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I'd love to see the discography updated, but like scott said, Chris L put soooo much time into the site (everything on here that is /mustang)... it's not cool to nag the poor guy. Especially since he has been keeping the concert chronology updated, and has lately been working on getting the song archive almost completely caught up (IE: it has most of the songs from releases that haven't been updated on the discography yet).
noisereductions is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.03.2007, 03:46 PM   #6
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
somebody pm chris this link. id love to read his reaction......

actually im gonna do it now!
Old 12.03.2007, 03:49 PM   #7
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
gah!
Chris Lawrence has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.
Old 12.03.2007, 03:53 PM   #8
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

poor chris is throwing his doc marten at a pc monitor somewhere right now....

if we stay real quiet and turn your speakers up full you may hear a profanity!!!!

i jest cuz i care chris!
Old 12.03.2007, 08:19 PM   #9
maropi
bad moon rising

maropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's asses
Well, of course my intention was not to nag anyone, specially the man that has been working so hard (Chris)(and the only one, now I know it). I've just asked /offering for some kind of help to him. Nothing more.

Because I only consult the discography there, I did not notice the other improvements. I really thought that the section was unattended.

I asked for official support because I (maybe I'm the only one...) think that if someone "new" to the group enters the site to know the recordings of the group, he will not find the newer ones in the discography. I've always thought that the discography section on any group's web site was one of the important ones.

By the way, if Chris does not need help to collect information, or if the group does not care about the info being updated online, among other possible reasons, I won't ask it again.
Old 12.03.2007, 09:23 PM   #10
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
howdy folks!

i guess i know what you'd all like for christmas.
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.04.2007, 05:01 AM   #11
maropi
bad moon rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
howdy folks!

i guess i know what you'd all like for christmas.

I'll look for it from time to time. And if there's some scans/info missing, then I will try to send it to you.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth