Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Noe Films. (Irreversible, I Stand Alone, Enter The Void)
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.16.2010, 06:09 PM   #21
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
There's a movie that I don't think has been released outside of film festivals yet called "A Serbian Film" which is going to up the ante on "Irreversible". Its pretty much going to show not just a scene but various scenes of rape, including pedophilia.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1273235/

About a month ago I read a detailed synopsis of the film describing in detail much of the movie.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.16.2010, 06:21 PM   #22
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Blah....Somebody has a decent idea, someone else has always gotta push the same exact idea to the extreme by just adding more of the same exact thing. Terrifying/controversial/anything but.
Old 10.16.2010, 06:43 PM   #23
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I wonder when "rape films" became a genre.. the original I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE?

Anyway, the two most shockingly graphic (but still boring) films I've seen are EXHAUSTED (mentally retarded girl gets raped, gives birth to a dead fetus ON CAMERA after a fat naked also-mentally retarded tries to kill her with scissors -- then fucks HERSELF with scissors and dies -- and then the retarded girl goes to the beach with the dead fetus and breast feeds it...) and AUGUST UNDERGROUND MORDUM (pretty much an unwatchable film -- but, basically, imagine ANYTHING you would find shocking -- it's in this film).

As for films with this "sick! Torture! Ugh!" shit I actually find good.. there's not too many. I guess REGORGEITATED SACRIFICE and SLAUGHTERED VOMIT DOLLS -- despite the names -- aren't too bad. MURDER SET PIECES is funny (BLACK BLACK BLACK comedy but kinda funny) and uhhh... I liked INSIDE a lot, which dealt with a lot of pretty sick themes, but did it tastefully and.. artfully.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.16.2010, 07:28 PM   #24
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I wonder when "rape films" became a genre.. the original I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE?

Death Wish? Although I reckon you're right in seeing ISoYG as kicking off the whole female rape revenge thing. MS45, stuff like that. I was gonna say Thriller, but I expect more preople saw that after its recent re-release than they did at the time. I remember an absolute shitload of female rape revenge movies coming out in the mid 80s during the whole video nasty thing and they definitely seemed more inspired by ISoYG's popularity/notoriety than anything I can think of before it. I remember much talk in the school playground about this film where a woman wanks off a bloke then cuts his knob off. In terms of creating playground noise, that scene's only real rival was the one in the greenhouse in Scum.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.16.2010, 08:40 PM   #25
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Ohhhh! Ms. 45.. an alltime favorite movie... man...

Anyway, good post.

Old 10.18.2010, 09:26 AM   #26
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

I upped the enter the void screenplay to sendspace:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/c1dzdc

Enjoy.

Old 10.18.2010, 09:29 AM   #27
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Wow! Thanks!
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.09.2010, 05:20 PM   #28
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Enter the Void was Noe's best film, it seems like the film he was trying to make this whole time. No story, really, but it had one of the best atmospheres ever. Amazing lighting, visuals, sound design. 7/10. I am posting a more detailed review on the "movie..." thread. Check it out.

Old 11.10.2010, 01:35 PM   #29
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Well, since my review is buried on there, lemme just say.. enter the void is by far and away noe's best film, again, reiterating here because I actually feel compelled to watch it again, something I've never felt after watching one of his movies. It's not perfect --Tte story is virtually non-existent, and when the drama happens, it isn't felt. I really don't think anyone could really care about any of the characters in this film, but it's nto really about the "plot"... At this film's best, it's hypnotic; visual and aural fury that is rarely captured this vividly. At it's worst it becomes a bad trip, unlikable characters and tediously repetitive sequences that bog down what could have been a super tight. Uuslaly, it's just too damn long, but you know what? I dug it. I'm going to watch it again tonight.

The film is stylistically nearly identical to the film VISIONS OF SUFFERING, and it also feels a lot like the SMACK MY BITCH UP video by Prodigy, stretched to feature length. I'm a fan of both of those works of art, so I like this, haha. Some absolutely great drugged out sequences here -- I guess what disappointed me is that the rest of the film doesn't really reach for the heights that the "aesthetics" reach for; dialogue is usually trite, silly, predictable, and dull. All in all, it's just kinda.. a drug movie. It almost seemd like they were going to do something here.. something deep, philisophical... the TIBETAN BOOK OF THE DEAD is constantly namedropped.. but nothing ever comes out of it.

Still, quite a fine movie, especially technically, and it's really neat to see how far movies have come in the past dexade, with all te digital technology available to somewhat low budget filmmakers... this film literally couldn't have been made 20 years ago (well, it could've been, but it would've looked like shit -- this film looks shockingly amazing, and sounds amazing as well). Quite cool, stylistically, if some of it falls a bit flat.

All in all, a nice atmospheric drugged out trip. Watch in complete darkness, with a great sound system, on the poison of your choice, and you will walk away, not knowing what to think.. but happier because of it. This is the film Noe was trying to make all along. And I've never been a big fan of his, but I do dig this film.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth